Amazon Fast Deliveries!

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Amazon Fast Deliveries!

Post by Winnow »

Since the topic of Amazon was brought up and people seem to hate them so much. I figured it can have it's own topic.

Reasons to like Amazon:

-super fast deliveries as a Prime customer.
-huge product inventory both in house, and secondary sellers.
-easy returns (if needed)
-decent streaming service
-Blue Origin

Against Amazon:

-they treat their employees like shit

So, please give me another reason to hate Amazon besides employee troubles. If you don't like your job, go get another fucking job. Game coders have shit jobs/hours as well. Are you going to quit buying Playstation games if I uncover poor working conditions there? Give me a fucking break.

Mom and pop stores going out of business? Nope. That's inevitable and already happened with Wal-Mart. You are delusional if you think eliminating Amazon = Nice old couples running more small convenience stores all over your neighborhood.

Company too successful? Jealous much? Amazon (Bezos) deserves it. He had an idea and took a loss for years in order to create what he has now. Genius. I like rich companies that are wealthy enough to start projects like Blue Origin. There are very few companies capable of Spinning off a space program. Awesome. Great thing Bezos is doing with Blue Origin.

It really seems to me that people hating on Amazon are just whiny bitches or just clueless and delusional thinking that Amazon is responsible for their Uncle Bobs trinket shop going out of business.

Times have changed. Mega Corporations are how things are run now and it's going to continue. Big changes have happened throughout history. It's accelerating because technology is accelerating at a faster and faster pace, making these changes happen faster. As I said in the other post. President Eisenhower's amazing interstate project put tons of of stores, restaurants and gas stations out of business. Tough shit! The benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Maybe we should have those out of business owners fold the flyers and lick the envelops of the junk mail we receive keeping the outdated US postal system in business.

Save the world crusaders usually pick one or two things....oh Amazon's too biiiig. waaaah....too much plastic in our oceans..waaaah!! ...and I an guarantee I could find twice as many hypocritical things they do in other areas that "abuse" the environment or use services of those poor mistreated employees of plenty of other less successful companies. Move to fucking France! Take a gander at their monthly labor disputes. Shit crawls to a halt. You'll love it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Amazon Fast Deliveries!

Post by Aslanna »

Well.. Someone sure drank the Kool-Aid.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Amazon Fast Deliveries!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Well.. Someone sure drank the Kool-Aid.
Pretty straight forward. They run a service I'm happy with and like better than any of the alternatives. I'm not going to buy elsewhere because someone's upset about their employees QoL. If their employees aren't happy, they should find another amazing company to work for. Very low unemployment right now.

I'm not exclusive to Amazon. If a competitor comes along I'll use them as well. Highly efficient, reliable, fast delivery system that doesn't use USPS. For all you caring people, please be sure to check up with the employees where you shop, make sure they're doing ok, maybe buy them a cup of hot coco.