Apollo 11 - 50 Years!

What do you think about the world?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Apollo 11 - 50 Years!

Post by Aslanna »

Did anyone watch/read/hear anything cool last week in regards to the 50th anniversary of the moon landing? CBS streamed some of their coverage from back then including commercials and that was interesting. Arthur C Clarke stops by around 3:13:20 for a brief chat. We were such a hopeful people back then as to what the (near) future would hold.

If you have ~200 hours to spare this is a pretty cool site: https://apolloinrealtime.org/11/ . Unlike others that just have the main mission control audio this one also has the audio from the other stations so you can hear them working on issues and problems among themselves before communicating that to the astronauts. They also have pictures and some video as well at times that were taken at that particular point in the timeline but for the most part it's about the audio.

If this was all faked (spoiler: it wasn't) that was one heck of a long script.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Apollo 11 - 50 Years!

Post by Boogahz »

The Smithsonian Channel had a couple series. I think I managed to get all of the episodes recorded.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Apollo 11 - 50 Years!

Post by Winnow »

According to my mom, I was in a crib next to the TV when the landing took place so I may have seen it live if I was looking in the right direction at the time! I certainly heard it!

I do remember watching one of the later landings.

Hoping humans return to the moon before everyone born before man landed on the moon pass away! At least it's well documented.