Shots Fired at DC Naval Yard

What do you think about the world?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Shots Fired at DC Naval Yard

Post by Fairweather Pure »

12 shot, 4 dead so far (2 are officers).

At least 3 shooters, one is down. It's going on right now.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: Shots Fired at DC Naval Yard

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Impossible. District of Columbia has an assault weapons ban, a large magazine ban, an open carry ban, and a concealed carry ban. In addition, it would be illegal to take a firearm into that facility. People should be comforted by the military presence they have there that is required to be unarmed.

I doubt this is the Al Queida .....sounds like some whack job who got fired and went back for workplace revenge.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

oh look, an ignorant neocon parrot using tragedy to make a moronic point that if everyone had a gun, there would be less firearms crimes. I must be in America.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Kilmoll wins this round.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I don't call it winning. The situation is a major loss and it really has nothing to do with gun control at all. There is just a major issue in the U.S. of not respecting life. Have a bad year? Go on a rampage and kill a bunch of people who had nothing to do with it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Suspect is black. Guess we won't be hearing from Spang on this thread.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

White people are still number one:

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:White people are still number one:
Hell yes. A black man killing 11 people is the equivalent of a white person killing a thousand people.

Master minds. Master criminals.

There's also tons of white suicides and hardly any black suicides. What's up with that? Shouldn't they be killing others instead of killing themselves? How can we pile on the guilt?
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

The shooter was in my office area last month working on one of our computers. I didn't talk to him, but a couple of my colleagues did: they said there was nothing of significance to report on his behavior, and if anything, he was quite helpful and professional.

Yay me, I now get to say I've been in the same room as a future mass murderer. :shock:
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:People should be comforted by the military presence they have there that is required to be unarmed.
Try to at least get a single relevant fact right when you're proselytizing:
nbc news wrote:The suspected gunman appeared to have seized firearms from two of his victims as he moved through the building along the Anacostia River in southeast Washington, where 3,000 Navy employees go to work each day, many of them carrying authorized firearms.
But please, regale us with tales of how more guns would have made this better.

As far as your irrelevant "facts", the gun that he brought was legally-purchased and was not an assault rifle.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What I put there is fact, dick. The ONLY people armed on a military base are MP's and some security details.
many of them carrying authorized firearms.
What a fucking joke. In this shooting, just like the last one involving a military base, you have people who served or are serving in a war zone that are not allowed to be armed in a non-combat zone.

Again, the issue with this guy even being able to purchase a weapon boils down to the fact that the current laws are not working because they are not being enforced. This guy was reported by the police to the Navy as being unstable. The Navy did nothing about it. They knew he had mental issues, but they refused to follow up and get it documented. Once it was documented, the laws on the books would prevent him from buying a firearm. Second, he had TWO firearm related incidents that were never prosecuted....and apparently major issues with misconduct in the military that gave him an honorable discharge anyway.

Adding laws to screw with the law abiding and not bothering to actually USE laws on the books to keep the guns out of hands like this is completely asinine.

edit:
But please, regale us with tales of how more guns would have made this better.
As to this horseshit, there is nothing in what I posted that relates to that. I even followed it up with a second post specifically saying what I meant and you STILL responded like the typical liberal jackass.
Last edited by Kilmoll the Sexy on September 18, 2013, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Everyone is forgetting the true cause: Video games.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--