Boston Bombing...

What do you think about the world?
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Boston Bombing...

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Surprised no thread has been started on this. Hope it does not get political at all.

I'm watching news right now of a large scale development outside of Boston(11:30PST). There's been a shooting on or near the campus of MIT. One police officer is dead. Directly after this the suburb of Watertown has been swarmed by >150 cop cars, FBI, etc. From what I've seen there is at least one more dead...

There are reports of 3 loud explosions in a Watertown neighborhood and there was a large gun fight. There is at least 1 other killed and a 1 suspect in custody... No certainty on whether what just happened is related to the Marathon bombing, but CNN has told me that one suspect is indeed one of the suspects from the marathon bombing. Whether or not they are correct I just hope they get those pieces of shit...
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Re: Boston Bombing...

Post by Lynks »

This guys has pictures of this incident in Watertown. Even had a random bullet his is office chair.

https://twitter.com/AKitz
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Talk about, "the terrorists win". In this case, two people have caused a lock down of 4.6 million people.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Surprised no thread has been started on this.
Same pattern as other tragedies. No rush to make the thread when everyone's thinking about it, and watching the development anyway.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Unfortunately, our community has shrunk so much that we can't really carry on a conversation as it's happening. I'm on other sites now watching information come in from hundreds/thousands of sources and commenting as stuff is happening in real time, similar to when 9/11 happened and our board had a rather large, active membership.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I can't help but keep hearing "Vicarious" ring through my head seeing these threads and my Facebook feed.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Unfortunately, our community has shrunk so much that we can't really carry on a conversation as it's happening. I'm on other sites now watching information come in from hundreds/thousands of sources and commenting as stuff is happening in real time, similar to when 9/11 happened and our board had a rather large, active membership.
Most of those thousands of sources are wrong, sometimes deliberately so. Like "here's a photo of an 8 year old girl that was running the Boston marathon for Sandy Hook victims", or "My police sources tell me they have a suspect in custody", etc, etc. The news cycle is f**king less than useless these days.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's just unfiltered, which is fascinating in it's own right. The correct information always surfaces eventually and it's actually ni e to check all the rumors vs what is actually getting reported by news sources.

I've been listening to police scanners, following on Google Maps, and also picking and choosing what rumors may or may not be true.

They got him cornered now. The only question is dead or alive?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Alive, apparently. Fucking crazy!
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Unfortunately, our community has shrunk so much that we can't really carry on a conversation as it's happening. I'm on other sites now watching information come in from hundreds/thousands of sources and commenting as stuff is happening in real time, similar to when 9/11 happened and our board had a rather large, active membership.

I remember the 9/11 thread very well, one of the other forums I visit has had people posting and listening to the scanners all night.

I finally turned on the feed of the scanner at about 7pm and got hooked until they announced that he was in custody..

Awesome work by the Boston PD
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

With Boston cops going back to their normal routine, jaywalking probably not safe anymore.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Spang wrote:With Boston cops going back to their normal routine, jaywalking probably not safe anymore.
As long as you're not jaywalking with a backpack, that'll be PC for a cavity search.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

911 was a lot more intense than Boston IMO, not to say following it on scanners wouldn't be intense itself.

Original 911 thread is always a good read:

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 6&p=433987
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Zaelath wrote:As long as you're not jaywalking with a backpack, that'll be PC for a cavity search.
Jaywalking period was good for a cavity search there previously. Can't imagine it now. :)
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Further proof that Twitter and Facebook amplifies stupidity. Well that and the fact that enough Americans suck at geography that the Czech Ambassador had to release a statement basically saying go read an atlas you ignorant fucks.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Aslanna wrote:Further proof that Twitter and Facebook amplifies stupidity. Well that and the fact that enough Americans suck at geography that the Czech Ambassador had to release a statement basically saying go read an atlas you ignorant fucks.
Well, he had to, after all, Bush decided to attack Afghanistan after 9/11...i would worry too, if I were him :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Hesten wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Further proof that Twitter and Facebook amplifies stupidity. Well that and the fact that enough Americans suck at geography that the Czech Ambassador had to release a statement basically saying go read an atlas you ignorant fucks.
Well, he had to, after all, Bush decided to attack Afghanistan after 9/11...i would worry too, if I were him :)

I think you meant to say he attacked Iraq....but since Pakistan was hiding him, we were bombing all the wrong places.

It appears Americans are not the only ones geographically challenged!
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Hesten wrote:

I think you meant to say he attacked Iraq....but since Pakistan was hiding him, we were bombing all the wrong places.

It appears Americans are not the only ones geographically challenged!
I know this is hard, but:
The War in Afghanistan began on 7 October 2001, when the armed forces of the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, France, Canada, and the Afghan United Front (Northern Alliance) launched Operation Enduring Freedom. The U.S. organized the operation in response to the terrorist attacks of September 11 in the United States.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

I thought he was being ironic, YMMV.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah because kilmoll is well known for his hilarious irony and not for being wrong nearly every time he opens his cake hole.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

ROFL, it has to have been 5 years since I have seen Kyo go after Kilmoll.. maybe more...
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I thought I saw Kaldaur, but it was someone else.