Perma Ban for Sex Offenders

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Perma Ban for Sex Offenders

Post by Winnow »

New York State, whose "Operation Game Over" earlier this year banned more than 3,500 registered sex offenders from services like Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network, has booted another 2,100 from online gaming after bringing THQ, Funcom and NCSoft to the cause.

Eric T. Schneiderman, the state's attorney general, announced the bannings earlier this morning. They coincide with state law requiring convicted sex offenders to register all email addresses, screen names and other online personae with the state. The state then turns that information over to its Operation Game Over partners, who purge the convicted sex offenders from their rolls.

Many states have sex offender registries, with requirements covering email addresses and the like, but New York State says it is the only one working to have offenders removed from online gaming services. The initiative was inspired by this case, in which a 19-year-old met a 12-year-old boy over Xbox Live, arranged a meeting with the child, and then sexually abused him. The offender was sentenced earlier this year to six months in jail, making his lifetime permaban from online gaming a more lasting and potentially worse punishment.

In addition to THQ, NCSoft, Funcom, Microsoft and Sony, publishers such as Gaia Online, Apple, Blizzard Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Disney Interactive Media Group and Warner Brothers are working with the state.
http://kotaku.com/5969781/another-2000- ... g-services

When will Canada start doing something about their problem? U.S. takes the lead!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Perma Ban for Sex Offenders

Post by Leonaerd »

Castration would seem far more effective.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:Castration would seem far more effective.
Just remember, sex offenders also include 17 year olds that had consensual sex with another 17 year old, or if you pissed within 100 yards of a playground.

Are you safe from castration?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

In high school, the (senior) captain of the football team had to make an abstinence-related video after he did some freshman in the butt. It was hilarious.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Our laws and reactions in this area have gotten absolutely stupid and not made anyone any safer. Just campaign legislation for measures that will never be repealed because of politics.

Physical/chemical castration has been shown ineffective.

The recidivism rate for violent offenders is super duper high - but tattooing a big letter on their forehead or locking them up for life isn't a solution either. They aren't willing to kill them and have penalized them for life, in many states making just having a job nearly impossible and public benefits of any sort unavailable. Now what do they do?
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It's too bad VV doesn't ban child sex offenders. Place would be a lot better without winnow's retarded fucking shit clogging up every thread with his charisma-less garbage.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

It would be a shame, Kyoukan, because then we couldn't read your insights either. :(
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

You have that backwards Daka....she was the one who was raped by her family....not the other way around.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Youngest sexual encounter that involved me, included a 16 year old, Hard to resist and even picked up on campus. I can't blame them for wanting me. It was only a five year gap in age or so (20-21). There was alcohol involved.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You have that backwards Daka....she was the one who was raped by her family....not the other way around.
I'm just saying the only time we hear from her is after a post from Winnow!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Most crimes have become a life sentence of various sorts and the best people can come up with is "Hurr, hurr, hurr, should'na done the crime". No shit sherlock and your childish system basically guarantees they'll commit another, get locked up again and cost even more taxpayer $$.

Sort of sums up my attitude towards our penal system at the moment and the political bent towards childish revenge based mandatory sentences.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Winnow wrote:Youngest sexual encounter that involved me, included a 16 year old, Hard to resist and even picked up on campus. I can't blame them for wanting me. It was only a five year gap in age or so (20-21). There was alcohol involved.
Along those lines, I was like 21 or 22 and picked up a girl in a bar (a normal bar, not an 18 and up or teen bar) and after all was said and done she told me she was 16 and knew someone at the door and that's how she got in. So what, guys are supposed to check (and verify) IDs now before picking up a girl? The girl in my situation most definitely did not look 16 and I was in an environment where the minimum age to get in was 21. Should I be labeled for the rest of my life as a sex offender?

Sex offender laws suck ass and need to be fixed. Mixing in kids who are dating and have sex with someone who happens to be a year or two younger than them with people who are serial child molesters is stupid. But it's par for this country.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:
Winnow wrote:Youngest sexual encounter that involved me, included a 16 year old, Hard to resist and even picked up on campus. I can't blame them for wanting me. It was only a five year gap in age or so (20-21). There was alcohol involved.
Along those lines, I was like 21 or 22 and picked up a girl in a bar (a normal bar, not an 18 and up or teen bar) and after all was said and done she told me she was 16 and knew someone at the door and that's how she got in. So what, guys are supposed to check (and verify) IDs now before picking up a girl? The girl in my situation most definitely did not look 16 and I was in an environment where the minimum age to get in was 21. Should I be labeled for the rest of my life as a sex offender?

Sex offender laws suck ass and need to be fixed. Mixing in kids who are dating and have sex with someone who happens to be a year or two younger than them with people who are serial child molesters is stupid. But it's par for this country.
The sex was great. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It would suck if the girl went to jail though.