U.S. Election Day 2012

What do you think about the world?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

U.S. Election Day 2012

Post by Aslanna »

Don't forget to vote! (informative link not related to quote below!)
In the final days of the campaign in Ohio, the stops have been pulled out in the scramble to eke out a win. And that means one super PAC calling on African Americans to vote against President Obama because Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves.

Cable viewers in several markets across the state are being treated to ads by an obscure self-described "alternative conservative" super PAC called the Empower Citizens Network. One of the group's ads accuses Obama and Democrats of imploding the economy by forcing mortgage companies to lend to "unqualified borrowers" while the Soviet national anthem plays. Another promises welfare recipients that "Republicans can save your money source" by reducing regulations on business.

And then there's the ad which one viewer told TPM is airing in the Columbus area on cable. Our source caught it a couple of times on MSNBC. That ad is the Empower Citizens Network spot that tells African Americans it's a "lie" that Democrats support them and cites the Emancipation Proclamation as evidence.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: U.S. Election Day 2012

Post by Spang »

I voted yesterday.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah the lows they'll stoop to in attempt to swing votes are pathetic, but it wouldn't with if people weren't stupid.

I finally signed up for twitter... Anyhow a handful of prople that a good chunk of the black community will certainly listen to, like Chuck D from Public Enemy are being very outspoken. He's been saying shit about it constantly, he's a smart dude and he is very articulate. Anyhow, I hope few if any are mislead by that bullshit.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I'm pretty sure the Romney campaign has at least shoehorned a win for the most dishonest presidential campaign in history. Unfortunately every politician tells lies to a certain extent. I think Romney needs to be imprisoned after this campaign as a message to other politicians that they have to say at least one or two honest things while running for public office. I wonder at what point you have to be in your life to just make a conscious choice to just be dishonest in order to obtain something.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

kyoukan wrote:I'm pretty sure the Romney campaign has at least shoehorned a win for the most dishonest presidential campaign in history. Unfortunately every politician tells lies to a certain extent. I think Romney needs to be imprisoned after this campaign as a message to other politicians that they have to say at least one or two honest things while running for public office. I wonder at what point you have to be in your life to just make a conscious choice to just be dishonest in order to obtain something.

The sad thing is, if Romney actually ran on what he has done in the past, he would still have a chance. He did not need to lie in the presidential race. He needed to in the Republican primaries, but that's just because the Republican core is batshit crazy. Thank God\Allah\Buddah\whatever that a large part of that demographic is dying, and next election will have a much smaller role.

Sad to say that I want people to die, but the old, fundamentalist Christians have been fucking our country for long enough. They aren't the only ones, but they are the demographic involved in that that is going away at the fastest rate.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:I wonder at what point you have to be in your life to just make a conscious choice to just be dishonest in order to obtain something.

When I was really young, I was at one of my parent's friends homes. They had a kid my same age that couldn't read yet. We were at breakfast and back in those days, boxes of cereal contained some cool toys. This particular box included a cool little plastic car. Before the kid got to the breakfast table, I nabbed the toy car out of the cereal box and put it in my pocket. When the kid went looking for the toy in the box, I told him that you had to send away for the toy and it wasn't included.

Moral to the story: Learn to read early so you don't have to rely on someone else to tell you.

In other news:
MSNBC is three times more biased than Fox News. According to Pew Research Center, from August 27 through October 21 Fox News stories about Obama were 8-to-1 negative-to-positive, while MSNBC stories about Romney were 23-to-1 negative. And that doesn’t even count MSNBC’s faster-than-light thrills up legs and comments so utterly stupid Pew couldn’t classify them.
https://www.google.com/search?q=msnbc+m ... n+fox+news

Funny how Fox News gets ragged on all the time by the libs on this forum. Crank up that propaganda machine!
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

Yeah but what's the true vs. made up bullshit ratio? I would rather they ragged on someone all day with true stories, than tell false shit all day like Fox.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

It's never been about bias. It is about accuracy and truthfulness.

Most of the news stations can at least be believed. If you see a story on them, the facts they present are correct, and the story is at least mostly true. Fox is filled with "news" that is completely bullshit, or with information that is changed specifically to fit their agenda.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Email I got the other day:
Sign the Petition!

Help us take Fox News off the air—get the FCC to revoke Rupert Murdoch’s broadcast licenses NOW!

The deplorable actions Murdoch has taken to run his News Corp. empire prove we can't trust him to act in the public interest. Now, a study by Farleigh Dickinson University shows Fox News can’t even claim to inform its audience: its viewers are less informed than those who avoid news outlets altogether!

It’s the Federal Communications Commission’s job to consider the character of a media owner when dealing out broadcast licenses, and to label programs as news only when they actually inform viewers. The Murdoch Mafia has failed on both counts, and we have a chance to take them down for good. Save the airwaves from bigotry and corruption: tell the FCC to enforce the law NOW!

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION: Rupert Murdoch has failed every “character” test available, and the programs under his broadcasting licenses have both been implicated in scandal and have been proven to make audiences less informed, not more. We urge you to revoke Murdoch’s broadcasting licenses immediately, and to take a stand against his corrupt media empire.

Please, click here to sign now!

Thanks,
-- The folks at Watchdog.net
To stop receiving emails from us, click here to unsubscribe.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

When I think of Murdoch, all I can think of is that scene in "Meet Joe Black".
Sure, I want to make a profit. You can't exist without one. But John Bontecou is all profit. Now if we give him license to absorb Parrish Communications, and he has his eye on a few others after us, in order to reach the world you will have to go through John Bontecou. And not only will you have to pay him to do this, far more important, you'll have to agree with him.

Reporting the news is a privilege and a responsibility, and it is not exploitable. Parrish Communications has earned this privilege. John Bontecou wants to buy it. As your Chairman, I urge you to agree this company is not for sale
Copied from some site I googled....
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Winnow wrote:Moral to the story
..you've been a thief all your life. Got it.
Winnow wrote:MSNBC is three times more biased than Fox News. According to Pew Research Center, from August 27 through October 21 Fox News stories about Obama were 8-to-1 negative-to-positive, while MSNBC stories about Romney were 23-to-1 negative. And that doesn’t even count MSNBC’s faster-than-light thrills up legs and comments so utterly stupid Pew couldn’t classify them.
http://www.businessinsider.com/study-wa ... all-2012-5

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly.
Those watching only MSNBC were expected to correctly answer only 1.23 out of 4, while viewers of only Fox News figured at 1.08.
But don't let facts stand in your way of ignorance.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Fox News and MSNBC are both propaganda machines.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:
Winnow wrote:Moral to the story
..you've been a thief all your life. Got it.
Some things never change. You're still a fucking moron. That was lying, not stealing. You can bring in the lawyers (where's Sueven?) to determine if it's stealing to take a "free toy included" and whether that toy belonged to the parents that bought the box or somehow the kid automatically got the free prize even though I was offered the box of cereal to consume which happened to include a free toy. I also said I was young, not that I just popped out or my mom so it hasn't been all my life. Get it straight dude. I will admit I most likely lied earlier than you did since you probably couldn't even speak, much less read at that age.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The latest from Nate Silver:
Also, Mr. Romney has a 100% chance of losing both Michigan and Massachusetts.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't know who Nate Silver is.. But don't let that persuade you not to vote because you think Obama is a "shoe-in". Every vote counts!

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:I don't know who Nate Silver is.. But don't let that persuade you not to vote because you think Obama is a "shoe-in". Every vote counts!
I already voted. Nate Silver accurately predicted the winner of 49 of 50 states in the 2008 election, and every Senate race. He uses math and science.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

All Republicans will be following the Kübler-Ross model after the election.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Very few Republicans made it to step 5 last election. Most stopped at step 2 or 4.

On another note, after Obama wins, he should turn around and appoint Romney to a position that will basically make the Republicans work with his administration or turn their back on Romney showing their true colors.

I predict that just like last election the Republicans will turn on Romeny and Ryan after they lose, with Ryan bearing the brunt of the post loss attacks.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Don't start celebrating just yet!

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

There is absolutely not one chance in hell Romney is going to win this election, so celebrate away.

Even my rock bottom expectations from the average American voter don't give me the slightest pause. Outside of old guard republicans and racists, no one is going to vote for Romney.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I saw a long string of posts by some republicans I know on Facebook, I was interested to see the majority of them said they were voting 3rd party. I also don't think Romney has any hope of winning.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:He uses math and science.
Something you should try sometime.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

kyoukan wrote:There is absolutely not one chance in hell Romney is going to win this election, so celebrate away.

Even my rock bottom expectations from the average American voter don't give me the slightest pause. Outside of old guard republicans and racists, no one is going to vote for Romney.
I truly wish I had your confidence in this election. I'm really not sure the GOP could have come up with much scarier candidates or done a more dishonest job in getting to where they are. The precedent which would be set is what concerns me. It almost has nothing to do with whether I like Obama or his record or not. It has everything to do with my thinking Romney is an absolutely horrible person and knowing he has absolutely no interest in helping the country as a whole. Nor do I think the GOP should be rewarded for fucking over the country for 4 years just to make Obama a one term president, and then jump around saying "told you so".
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The first presidential election results are in - and it's a tie.

President Barack Obama and his Republican rival, Mitt Romney, each received five votes in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

The town in the state's northeast corner has opened its polls shortly after midnight each election day since 1960 - but today's tie was the first in its history.
Uh oh! A tie in the heart of democrat land? With ten voters, it should have been 11-0 for Obama in that state.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I drove through Dixville Notch a few years back.
What a beautiful area.
It's like a postcard.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

A postcard of a town where 50% of the population are racists!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Winnow wrote:
The first presidential election results are in - and it's a tie.

President Barack Obama and his Republican rival, Mitt Romney, each received five votes in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

The town in the state's northeast corner has opened its polls shortly after midnight each election day since 1960 - but today's tie was the first in its history.
Uh oh! A tie in the heart of democrat land? With ten voters, it should have been 11-0 for Obama in that state.
What you did there, I see it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've just decided that winnow is the Fox News of vv. that is all.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sure are a lot of people voting for Romney. I thought you guys said nobody would!

--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Obama wins. I saw an outline of what Romney would need to win. At this point, he needs Florida, NC, Ohio, Nevada, and some other western state to win. He has to get them all, on top of the states he is predicted to win that haven't closed yet.

He is down to 5% on intrade. Winnow, you should go buy up a bunch of shares for Romney on intrade! Around 2000% return!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Goodbye, Romneybot
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Romney's up by over 1 million in the popular vote.

48% 31,155,341 votes Obama
51% 32,703,376 votes Romney

Obama may catch up in popular vote but it will be very close.

This election should have been a blowout for Obama. If he manages to lose the popular vote, and has pissed off House democrats because he gave them zero support during their campaigns...and Senate stays Republican...it will be a long long waste of 4 years as your 401Ks drop in value with guaranteed drop in market (after I take my +10% election boost)

Grats!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Even fox officially calling it for Obama, and it's not all that close, although not a blowout (at this point).
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 79899.html

So who all is moving to Colorado now?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I don't care if it's legal or not, I still wouldn't smoke pot. It's pretty awesome for those that do though!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

All drugs should be legal.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Spang wrote:All drugs should be legal.
+1
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

8) Image
Last edited by kyoukan on November 7, 2012, 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Looks like the incumbent won. lol, time to invest in "the stock market" winnow you mouthy fucking retard.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

kyoukan wrote:Looks like the incumbent won. lol, time to invest in "the stock market" winnow you mouthy fucking retard.
:lol:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:Looks like the incumbent won. lol, time to invest in "the stock market" winnow you mouthy fucking retard.
You've got it backwards third worlder.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jesus Christ on a crutch, the market is tanking like a mo fo. Thanks Obama!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Because Wall Street is dumb and worrying about something that "could" happen. Why not wait and see if that actually happens before flipping your shit? Nope!

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

OMG it's down 2.25%!!!!!!!!!11
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:OMG it's down 2.25%!!!!!!!!!11
Largest drop in months the day after reelection is a vote if no confidence in Obama. Pretty clear sign of things to come. Market was boosted in hope that Romney might win.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Market was boosted in hope that Romney might win.
Makes me even happier that he didn't.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
miir wrote:OMG it's down 2.25%!!!!!!!!!11
Largest drop in months the day after reelection is a vote if no confidence in Obama. Pretty clear sign of things to come. Market was boosted in hope that Romney might win.
Vote of no confidence by a bunch of degenerate Wall Street fucks isn't worth a thing in my book.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Apple stock is tanking... that's what's probably bringing down the DJIA.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Apple stock is tanking... that's what's probably bringing down the DJIA.
The algorithm that calculates NASDAQ averages was adjusted so Apple doesn't impact things as drastically as it would if their entire market cap was factored in.

Next excuse please!