U.S. Election Day 2012

What do you think about the world?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: U.S. Election Day 2012

Post by Spang »

Zaelath wrote:The "of color" part is for racists...
No, actually, it's not.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Spang wrote:
Zaelath wrote:The "of color" part is for racists...
No, actually, it's not.
You saying black people can't be racists?
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Zaelath wrote:You saying black people can't be racists?
I wasn't, but they can't. Black people can be prejudice, but racism involves oppression.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Ugh.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Seriously.. Just don't respond to him. Your brain cells will thank you.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:Seriously.. Just don't respond to him. Your brain cells will thank you.
I'm filling your brain cells with knowledge.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

dictionary.com wrote:racist[ rey-sist ]
noun
1. a person who believes in racism the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.
You're really out-dumbing yourself.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:
noun
1. a person who believes in racism the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.
Yes, because rich, white people, the folks who own the dictionary companies, would never be biased when defining words.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
noun
Yes, because rich, white people, the folks who own the dictionary companies, would never be biased when defining words.
:vv_facial:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Definitely no saving this one.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Very compelling arguments you people have.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

ha ha.. "You people". What do you mean by that? Racist!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Very compelling arguments you people have.
I think you have good intentions Spang but unfortunately got short changed when it came to your noodles. There's hope though. Forrest Gump led a good life even though he would be classified as a moron. If you happen to sound in person as stupid as you appear on this forum and people laugh at you, just look them in the eye and say, "stupid is as stupid does" and keep right on talking.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:I think you have good intentions Spang but unfortunately got short changed when it came to your noodles.
You people respond to my non-mainstream opinions and ideas with smileys spooging on smileys and pictures of feeble-minded fictional characters. My noodle is just fine and dandy, thank you.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Spang wrote:
Winnow wrote:I think you have good intentions Spang but unfortunately got short changed when it came to your noodles.
You people respond to my non-mainstream opinions and ideas with smileys spooging on smileys and pictures of feeble-minded fictional characters. My noodle is just fine and dandy, thank you.
That's all your idiocy rated
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

racism isn't oppressive by definition. in fact the dictionary defines racism as a racial prejudice. and no, it's not a "white dictionary" it's just the dictionary. do you really think merriam-webster has an agenda?

it is perfectly reasonable to describe people of color as that though. it is a generic descriptor for non-whites (which is also acceptable). words are powerful things though, unless you are winnow in which case they are meaningless noises. people of color and colored people are basically the same thing linguistically, but have large differences tonally. you would be hard pressed to find someone outside an internet forum trying to troll someone else that people of color is a racial epithet. it's not. I took shit awhile ago for calling first nations people a first nations person because it is apparently something else now. it's easy to offend people when they belong to a minority.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What a load of crap. We're at a point where black people can be black again and white people can be white. The president is black. What more do you want? Get over it. Black people don't need special names anymore. "People of color" is retarded no matter how much you try and justify it unless you want to call white people "people of no color" which is actually true if you take the "white" literally as white is the absence of all color. On the other hand, black is all colors so they should be called "people of all colors" while everyone in between would be "people of various colors".

Go on referring to black people as "people of color" though kyoukan. You fucking loon.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

see? winnow doesn't agree with me. I'm not sure what other proof you would need that I am 100% right.

I don't reference black people as people of color. I wouldn't use the term myself but it is perfectly appropriate nomenclature as a descriptor for non-whites. I tried to look up the linguistic value of the term but googling it just gives me a buttload of white supremacist forums and conservative message boards complaining that they can use the term people of color but not colored people. similarly I tried to address your argument but it is just one of your typical incoherent rants that has almost nothing to do with the topic being discussed and goes off sideways on a passive aggressive racist asshole tangent almost right away. So I'll just tell you to choke on a cock, even though the dicks you would normally put in your mouth haven't yet reached adulthood.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Keep it simple. "People of color" sounds stupid besides being stupid. Is it "whites" vs everyone else? Just use the ethnic groups if you must.

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups

It's a list a mile long you fucking racist. So there's a term to describe EVERYONE else except whites? "Whites" isn't even on the list you douche. I can't believe people are still trying to justify skin tone descriptions. I don't see "People of color: Everyone except crackers" on that list because it's a moronic.

People of color...lol.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

kyoukan wrote:racism isn't oppressive by definition. in fact the dictionary defines racism as a racial prejudice. and no, it's not a "white dictionary" it's just the dictionary. do you really think merriam-webster has an agenda?

it is perfectly reasonable to describe people of color as that though. it is a generic descriptor for non-whites (which is also acceptable). words are powerful things though, unless you are winnow in which case they are meaningless noises. people of color and colored people are basically the same thing linguistically, but have large differences tonally. you would be hard pressed to find someone outside an internet forum trying to troll someone else that people of color is a racial epithet. it's not. I took shit awhile ago for calling first nations people a first nations person because it is apparently something else now. it's easy to offend people when they belong to a minority.
Yes, spang does think they have an agenda, he lives in a fantasy world.

I personally wasn't implying people of color isn't a valid term, I just think using it is douchey and counter productive. If the goal is to get everyone to treat each other equally, using divisive phrases isn't going to accomplish that, in my mind it's going to further the divide.

I have a lot of friends from various minority groups, from all different classes, walks of life, etc. One girl i went to scool with is even really active in black community efforts, and none of them have ever used either of the terms we're discussing. In all honesty I think people that identify themselves with phrases like "people of color" are the type of people that consider all white people to be racist morons, even though they swear up and down that's not the case, or they are the dumb white guy that they hang out with that champions their cause even though they can't identify with. Spang is probably the white guy that would rock a dashiki and a matching hat with some African jewelry in the 80s when that was trendy and then wonder why black people laugh at him.

Short of it, arguing semantics over word choice isn't the way to close the racial divide in this country, I really stand by my statement that it makes matters worse. That being said I wouldn't ever use either term, and I'd never use a word that could be considered racist, even if I didnt perceive it to be so.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I've accidentally gotten winnow riled up by mentioning he exists. Looking at like his last 30 posts in this forum, I can see now where I made the mistake of actually replying to him. now he probably isn't going to calm down and leave for awhile.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:You people respond to my non-mainstream opinions and ideas with smileys spooging on smileys and pictures of feeble-minded fictional characters. My noodle is just fine and dandy, thank you.
It's because "us people" can think rationally (at times) and many of your non-mainstream opinions just don't make any sense on a technical level. There's no grand conspiracy against it, it's just wrong in a dumb, largely benign way. Simply buzz-word laden mumbo jumbo quite similar to what Fox uses to dupe scared white people.

I bet you own a Keffiyeh.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Aabidano wrote:I bet you own a Keffiyeh.
Who doesn't?

had to google it!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

To give you and idea how how ridiculous, "people of color" is, I'll put it into perspective. I realize "white people" have been kicking ass recently in world history but, you know, it wasn't always like that. There have been several dominant "colors" in recorded history. (people on this board seem to want to deal in colors)

So, when the Chinese come into power, we'll have to make up a new stupid term...maybe, "people of round eyes" since color doesn't work.

I'm a person of round eyes and prefer that term over, "non slant-eyed bastard" that will be the popular phrase in the future. of course, I'd NEVER use that term...it's a term only used by racist assholes.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:I bet you own a Keffiyeh.
I bet I don't.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Those were all over the place when I was in Germany. Seemed that it was mostly the antifa that wore them though. Got dragged to several "rallies" by the student I was living with at the time.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

One thing I dislike about the definition of racism, is that people take that to mean that anyone who thinks any race is superior or inferior in any area is a racist.

Genetics tells us that the races ARE different. Maybe even to the point of the human "race" being divided into a few (or many) true sub-species. In fact, as we have learned more about the interaction between early Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis, some races may have a larger % of their genes from Neanderthals than others. In fact the only "pure" Homo sapiens are likely from secluded areas of Africa, while groups of Asians, and Native Americans, who kept to themselves after leaving Africa would have the highest concentration of Neanderthal genes.

The large differences in genes between races definitely causes bigger differences than just the color of our skin, height, muscle build, etc.

Now, what those exact differences are is not clear yet, but there is nothing wrong with thinking that race makes us different and unequal in many ways. Of course, the best solution for that, and the one that will lead to the biggest natural increases in human capabilities, is interbreeding. I'm doing my part! Mostly white man here with a half Taiwanese son!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:The large differences in genes between races
Thought I'd read recently that the differences mapped in our DNA while there were statistically insignificant across the races? The parts we understand at any rate.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:To give you and idea how how ridiculous, "people of color" is, I'll put it into perspective. I realize "white people" have been kicking ass recently in world history but, you know, it wasn't always like that. There have been several dominant "colors" in recorded history. (people on this board seem to want to deal in colors)

So, when the Chinese come into power, we'll have to make up a new stupid term...maybe, "people of round eyes" since color doesn't work.

I'm a person of round eyes and prefer that term over, "non slant-eyed bastard" that will be the popular phrase in the future. of course, I'd NEVER use that term...it's a term only used by racist assholes.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Aabidano wrote:
Asheran Mojomaster wrote:The large differences in genes between races
Thought I'd read recently that the differences mapped in our DNA while there were statistically insignificant across the races? The parts we understand at any rate.
No, quite the opposite. It is a small % that is different, but that % makes a big difference. I mean, I think the largest number found is around 0.4%, but when you compare that to how closely we are related to other primates, you can see how much that 0.4% can be.

Actually, the genetic base for the people in Papua New Guinea is thought to be up to 8% based on Neanderthals and another, previously unknown hominid species (closely related to Neanderthals). Of course, Neanderthals are very, very closely related to us, and even considered a sub species of Homo sapiens by many (as are we. We are Homo sapiens sapiens), so many genes would have been shared already.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:...anyone who thinks any race is superior or inferior in any area is a racist.
That's correct.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Spang wrote:
Asheran Mojomaster wrote:...anyone who thinks any race is superior or inferior in any area is a racist.
That's correct.
Genetics...people are different.

I have genes that cause me to have IBS. It sucks, and means that I have digestive problems. I spend at least 3 or 4x the amount of time on the toilet that the average person does, and I have 4% body fat. People without IBS are superior to me in that way, unless they have a more severe digestive disorder.

Genes cause differences in people. Different races have different genes. That will make them inferior in certain aspects, superior in others, and in some cases, it won't change much.

What are the differences? I couldn't tell you. That is being researched, and hopefully in the next 5 to 10 years it will be explained. The thing that pisses me off, is that people are so hung up on the idea that "everyone, and every race is completely equal" that many geneticists are afraid to even comment. They will not come out and explain their views, because they are afraid to be labeled as racist.

From the way I see it, racism requires some level of malice and discrimination. If you do not treat anyone as less, if you love all people, if you do not judge, but you recognize that there MUST be a difference in the races, because our genes are different, then how is that racist?

Are our genes as different as different groups of chimps? Nope. What about different groups of fruit flies? Mice? Nearly any other species on the planet? No. Our genes are very constricted comparatively. There is a reason for that. Our base genes are very successful. We kept all of the good genes from flies, and mice, and primates. Certain genes are basically fixed at this point (they could change, but the chances of one changing and being successful is almost 0). The genes that are left, and are free to change, are going to leave us very similar, but still create differences...possibly larger differences than was previously believed.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

So I am a racist if I think of my bowels as superior to yours?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:So I am a racist if I think of my bowels as superior to yours?

I believe the term you would use is "person of liquid stool"
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Leonaerd wrote:So I am a racist if I think of my bowels as superior to yours?
No, I am sure you do. The genes for my digestive tract suck. IBS and heartburn. 95% of the population has superior genes than me in that way.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:
Spang wrote:
That's correct.

I have genes that cause me to have IBS. It sucks, and means that I have digestive problems. I spend at least 3 or 4x the amount of time on the toilet that the average person does, and I have 4% body fat. People without IBS are superior to me in that way, unless they have a more severe digestive disorder.

Genes cause differences in people. Different races have different genes. That will make them inferior in certain aspects, superior in others, and in some cases, it won't change much.

What are the differences? I couldn't tell you. That is being researched, and hopefully in the next 5 to 10 years it will be explained. The thing that pisses me off, is that people are so hung up on the idea that "everyone, and every race is completely equal" that many geneticists are afraid to even comment. They will not come out and explain their views, because they are afraid to be labeled as racist.

From the way I see it, racism requires some level of malice and discrimination. If you do not treat anyone as less, if you love all people, if you do not judge, but you recognize that there MUST be a difference in the races, because our genes are different, then how is that racist?

Are our genes as different as different groups of chimps? Nope. What about different groups of fruit flies? Mice? Nearly any other species on the planet? No. Our genes are very constricted comparatively. There is a reason for that. Our base genes are very successful. We kept all of the good genes from flies, and mice, and primates. Certain genes are basically fixed at this point (they could change, but the chances of one changing and being successful is almost 0). The genes that are left, and are free to change, are going to leave us very similar, but still create differences...possibly larger differences than was previously believed.
I've been trying to wrap my head around your pooping problem and what that has to do with race and I get nothing every time. You win.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

The idea of "race" itself outside of "human race" is absurd and the root of the problem. Race breeds semantics and unneeded argument. Ultra-liberalism and ultra-conservativism is largely based on subjective difference.
en kærlighed småkager
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Spang wrote:
Asheran Mojomaster wrote:
Spang wrote:
That's correct.

I've been trying to wrap my head around your pooping problem and what that has to do with race and I get nothing every time. You win.
It was just an example of genetics. It is hard to say if my IBS is linked to my race, as IBS is actually a spectrum disorder and encompasses many different genetic, environmental, and even psychological disorders, but my individual version is definitely linked to genes passed down on my mother's side of my family.

People who don't have this genetic problem usually have digestive tracts that are superior to me. If society broke down, and food was hard to come by / was likely tainted in some way, I would be fucked. I would need a much larger amount of food and water just to survive, and the more I ate, the more likely I would be to get sick.

The different races have genes that are more common, or even exclusive, for their race that relates to everything from skin color, to muscle composition, brain structure, brain chemistry, organ functionality, enzyme production, and really, just about anything else. That means, that in different areas, one race will always be superior to another, but at the same time, will be inferior in another way.

If I wanted to stay on the subject of digestion, people of European descent are much less likely to be lactose intolerant. The majority of the world's population is lactose intolerant to one degree or another, but most Europeans retain the ability to digest lactose because of their long history of using animals for milk.

A different example, though it is not proven one way or another yet, as diagnosis is sketchy and the genetics behind it is not completely understood, is ADD. It is a very ancient disorder, so it is present in all races, but there is some evidence that suggests it is less common in people of African descent. It is hard to prove, as cultural differences and education levels change much in how it presents itself, the likelihood of accepting/seeking diagnosis and treatment, and even how accurate diagnosis is. It does, however, make sense that it would be lower if one of the theories of how humans originally migrated out of Africa is true. There is a theory that people with ADD at that time would have been more likely and willing to migrate. ADD can present itself as a kind of "wanderlust" and curiosity for what is not known. That would mean that a larger % of that population passed on those genes.

Of course, even if ADD was a driving force behind that migration, it could have leveled out across the races through natural selection. A larger % of the population being ADD could have lead to more people dying from carelessness, or being less successful due to having difficulty focusing on one task for an extended period of time. That would have lead to a reduction in the prevalence of ADD until levels reduced to a low enough level that families and groups could offset these negatives to the "disorder" and the benefits from it equaled it out (because ADD is very beneficial in many situations).

Also, Europeans and North Asians tend to have much higher fat concentrations than Africans and South Asians. That is related to the average temperature and diet. A fat person in Africa or South Asia would see little benefit from large fat reserves, beyond maybe being able to live a bit larger if they had no food, while someone from a colder region would have a huge benefit from the insulation (and the same insulation could actually be detrimental in a hotter environment).

Are there fat Asians and black people? Yep. Are there super thin white people, Mongolians, and Russians? Of course! You see them everywhere. But, genetically, those things are less likely, and are going to take more effort in either direction (on average) for those people to achieve. An Afican or most Asians will naturally have a higher concentration of muscle vs fat, and a European / other Asians will naturally have a higher concentration of fat vs muscle.

Here is the one that really, really pisses people off, but it is true. Asians are more intelligent than Europeans, and Europeans are more intelligent than Africans. When measuring brain size, European's brains are 5 cubic inches larger than Africans, and Asians are 1 cubic inch larger than Europeans.

Of course, brain size is not exactly correlated to intelligence, as very large mammals have large brains, but the equation comparing of brain size to body mass, adjusted for size (because, mice and other small mammals have a high ratio, on par with us, but size limits them) has been found to have a direct relation. This is called Encephalization Quotient (EQ). The EQ of Asians, Europeans, and Africans has been measured in multiple studies now, and while they do not find the exact numbers, as there is still variation among groups in a race and between individuals, the relationship is always the same. One easiest study to find has it at 6.95, 6.5, and 6.38 (Asian, European, African). And there is also the idea that says that still doesn't show the whole scope. Once you get to a certain EQ, any additional size is going to be more distributed toward problem solving, critical thinking, etc because the parts needed for regulation if your body are already taken care of.

The reason for this is thought to once again be related to climate. A smaller head and brain is easier to cool in high temperatures. A larger brain is going to retain more heat in a cold environment. There also seems to be a difference in the brains efficiency to metabolize glucose, which has been proven to have a direct relationship to intelligence (people with mental retardation, Down syndrome, or even just low IQ metabolize glucose less efficiently than average. People with above average IQ metabolize it more efficiently, and someone considered a "genius" metabolizes it extemely efficiently), but the exact numbers on this aren't available at this time.

In recent years, scientists have been trying to normalize IQ tests, or at least eliminate the cultural differences that people continue to claim skews them in favor of white and Asian people, but so far, that connection is looking like it is much less influential in IQ tests than was previously thought.

When considering only children who were adopted by educated, middle class or higher white parents, and were adopted when they were a baby, the numbers on IQ tests do not change very much. Black children adopted in this case had an average IQ at adulthood rose only 4 points, to 89, while white children adopted into a similar situation rose to 106 (from an average of 100). Mixed black / white children had an average IQ of 99 in this same situation. This study did not include Asians. Another study on another group of adopted children, using similar criteria found 93, 104, 109, 112 (Black, Black/White, White, Asian).

Of course, this is not absolute. We have people like Francis Allotey, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Jesse Ernest Wilkins Jr., George Washington Carver, Martin Luther King Jr., Kidist Zeleke (PhD student at Univeristy of Houston now), and countless African, African American, and other African descended people in graduate studies at universities or at the top of their field around the world. It is just an average, and a tangible difference between races. Of course, for this there is a flip side. African descended children tend to walk, crawl, run, and dress themselves at earlier ages. They tend to be more independent at a younger age, and even more emotionally mature in many cases, regardless of the environment they are raised in. They tend to be more athletic as well, which is pretty obvious if you watch any professional sports. Also, educated people of African ancestry. are less likely to be violent than one of European or Asian ancestry.

I know after typing all of that, most people here will think I am a racist...but I really am not. I have been very interested in genetics for years, mostly the study of it for life extension / anti aging / regrowth of body parts, but as I read on that, I came across more and more information about the subject of race and the genetic differences that exist there. I have no problem with anyone, and I don't judge anyone, nor treat them as less because of ther race. I reserve that for people who give me a reason to judge them or treat them as less, and in my experience, that is overwhelmingly uneducated, willfully ignorant, fanatically religious white people.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

what the fuck
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Words. Lots of words. That is the White Man's burden.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:When considering only children who were adopted by educated, middle class or higher white parents, and were adopted when they were a baby, the numbers on IQ tests do not change very much. Black children adopted in this case had an average IQ at adulthood rose only 4 points, to 89, while white children adopted into a similar situation rose to 106 (from an average of 100). Mixed black / white children had an average IQ of 99 in this same situation. This study did not include Asians. Another study on another group of adopted children, using similar criteria found 93, 104, 109, 112 (Black, Black/White, White, Asian).

Given enough time and white guilt, Spang will come up with an IQ test that makes everyone perfectly equal. Here are some more words!

You can't gauge intelligence by formal education level, the same as you can't gauge it by IQ tests, or what people do in society. One of my friends in high school happened to be black and was also at the top of our class, at least GPA wise. He was the ultimate Star Trek nerd. The rest of my closest group of friends was rounded out by two guys from Thailand and and one honest to goodness white guy. My girlfriend was from Okinawa. The one thing they all had in common was that they were intelligent. (they were skinny as well so maybe there's something too that metabolism thing!) The one with the purest raw intelligence got a full ride from the military to Stanford for his MBA and ended up programming satellite guidance/targeting systems in Langley Virginia for the CIA. The only way I found this out was he showed up one day when I was working at Motorola Space and Systems Technology Group, and I ran into him at lunch outside of our campus. I was in Secure Radio Systems (Hook-112/PRC-112 (encrypted radio systems pilots use when they're shot down to call for help), STU-III (encrypted phones the US Presidents used to talk on through 2009), and other "stuff". Another area of my campus worked on guided missile systems and sure enough, I saw his name on one of the meeting lists. We mostly dealt with the NSA because they purchased/tracked all of the STU-III phones and then distributed them to the other Agencies, but CIA,DIA, and the FBI would stop by as well once in awhile so he was there as a consultant.

So why did I go into too much detail about my spook friend? Because he was...white...awww shit, I guess that doesn't help things on this thread...but he could have been a person of color! I'll say this though. He came from a broken home with almost zero parenting so I'm not so sure about having a Normal Rockwell family life matter that much. To his credit, he was into D&D! Come to think of it, almost all of my friends were into role playing games except the Asians preferred Star Fleet Battles which was more of a tactical board game...oh those Asians and their stats! BTW, that guy was also a born again christian and very religious. Even though he had a group of atheists constantly debating him, he stuck to his beliefs. He also happened to be incredibly helpful to his fellow citizens in the community. Which gets back to my original comment about gauging intelligence. He served his time and then left the government and now plays the Saxophone in some small jazz band. Which leads to the question of what is considered an accomplished life? They guy oozes intelligence. He's one of the few people I've met that is simply on a higher level than just about anyone when it comes to mental capacity while at the same time being what most would consider a caring person about his fellow humans. I think it was more of a moral choice than a religious one to leave his line of work. What's important? How do you judge someone's life? Is it the responsibility of those "gifted" with high intelligence to try to make a difference and improve the human race somehow?

Looking back at my group of friends, before I left for Switzerland and boarding school, which I can't include here because they actually did have a learning environment that was better than average, it didn't matter what "race" or family environment they came from, or even religious beliefs, as long as they had a focus or desire to succeed. At the same time, if you choose to do nothing with your intelligence, there's nothing wrong with that either. Those on the wrong side of the bell curve are out of luck as they really don't have a choice in the matter. What part do morals play when you believe in no afterlife? The desire to procreate and survive are only natural instincts. Any purpose we assign to life beyond that is just for shits and giggles. We're more like the replicants in Blade Runner than we care to admit.

Fuck off and die kyoukan.

If watermelon and chicken were superfoods, the order of intelligence would be Blacks > Asians > Whites

Heading over to comment about the USPS next! Follow along freak! Jice has got your back.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Wow wall.
en kærlighed småkager
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Canelek wrote:Wow wall.
Genetics get me excited, lol. Though, I am much more excited about gene therapy to stop aging and extend lifespan to biblical levels and beyond (not that I believe humans ever actually lived that long in the past)

And, yes Winnow. Having the intelligence and drive to succeed will usually make for a successful person, regardless of race.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Winnow wrote:Heading over to comment about the USPS next! Follow along freak! Jice has got your back.
I could care less about Kyo's opinions and I doubt she gives a single shit about mine. Fact is you are the kind of self serving jackass that brings out the Larry David in the best of us. We know we should ignore your willful trolling and stupidity. We know we should just smugly laugh at how your every assertion and prediction ends up completely fucking false. But your constant selfishness and self indulgent forrays into software piracy, borderline kiddy porn, and general douchebaggery hit a nerve with people who are intelligent and have a modicrum of human empathy. This is because you are the perfect poster child of everything I despise and, while I can't speak for the angry canadian, I think she has the same opinion on that front.

No one with the slightest amount of moral behavior or honor would ever trust you because you are just like your idol Mitt: A privaleged douchebag who feels themselves exempt from the law, who cares absolutely nothing about the welfare of any other human being, and lies at the drop of a hat if it suits their purposes. I absolutely disagree with Kilmoll on every topic ever to occur on this board, but I would trust him with my life before I handed you two pennies, because Kilmoll, for all of his misguided beliefs, does have a measure of personal accountability that you will never be capable of even understanding. You lie, get caught on the lie, and then pretend it never happened. How shocking that you cannot see the value in moral behavior without belief in the afterlife. News flash: Having a moral code is good for the species as a whole and is what has made us (and mammals in general) the most successful species on the planet.

I should just ignore you, but you are the fucking icon of everything I despise in this universe and I just involuntarily respond to your never ending stream of bullshit because, unlike your shallow vapid self, I can't just ignore a completely abhorrent public display of logical falacious bullshit and not call you to the carpet on it. Now go back to stealing shit you can easily affort, while bitching about what you have stolen, you worthless entitled piece of shit.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:No one with the slightest amount of moral behavior or honor would ever trust you because you are just like your idol Mitt: A privaleged douchebag who feels themselves exempt from the law, who cares absolutely nothing about the welfare of any other human being, and lies at the drop of a hat if it suits their purposes.
Well, thankfully I don't live around your neck of the woods so we won't have to worry about a zombie apocalypse loyalty situation. Although, if we both turned into zombies, I'd be a fast zombie while you'd be one of those big fat zombies that explodes in Left for Dead.

I almost wrecked the other day. I was driving with the window open and my entitlement papers flew right in my face, blinding me for a few seconds. With all these trust funds and entitlements, it's amazing how much I've worked over the past 25 years. What the hell am I doing? I should be off on my own island negotiating with Google to pipe in that 1Gbps bandwidth so I can steal stuff faster.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Canelek wrote:The idea of "race" itself outside of "human race" is absurd and the root of the problem. Race breeds semantics and unneeded argument. Ultra-liberalism and ultra-conservativism is largely based on subjective difference.
Kinda where I was going.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Canelek wrote:The idea of "race" itself outside of "human race" is absurd and the root of the problem. Race breeds semantics and unneeded argument. Ultra-liberalism and ultra-conservativism is largely based on subjective difference.
Kinda where I was going.
Same.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

It would be nice if Liberal and Conservative ideas went back to being complex philosophies, instead of the simplified buzzwords Fox has boiled them down to for the mouth breathers to understand. Stupidity and greed have corrupted political discourse in this country beyond the breaking point. Either the GOP has to go through a whig style disaster, or there is going to need to be a huge real grass roots push to get the greed reigned in. The first means a decade of one party rule, which is never good no matter who it is. The second usually results in some blood in the streets, if it does not get marginalized through clever PR (see Occupy movement) on the part of the plutocrats. I think we are basically fucked.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Funkmasterr wrote:
Zaelath wrote:
Kinda where I was going.
Same.
Call it genetic heritage or ancestry if you like. It doesn't change how it.

I watched an interesting show on the Science channel last night about genius. One part of it was showing a new experiment that has pinpointed a gene in mice, that we share, that completely controls their ability to learn. Expression of that gene could possibly be manipulated to increase our ability to learn, which would increase "intelligence" in a way.

The hard part of identifying exact genes that control human brain function, and developing ways to increase it, is that we can't ethically do experiments on humans, and what works for our relatives doesn't always work for us. It is a good start though.