MSU Professor Loses His Mind and Strips Naked During Class

What do you think about the world?
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

MSU Professor Loses His Mind and Strips Naked During Class

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

http://hypervocal.com/news/2012/msu-prof-naked-arrest/#
After his math teacher at Michigan State University had an in-class nervous breakdown that resulted in him tearing off his clothes and screaming at students, a witness immediately took to the Internet to explain.

UPDATE: Multiple sources have confirmed to HyperVocal privately that the teacher in question is John David McCarthy, professor of mathematics, who has taught at Michigan State University since 1985.

- I was in Calc 1 at Michigan State University, and my teacher was always pretty eccentric, but today he went overboard. Half way through class he started screaming at us, swearing left and right. He then started slamming his hands on the window and pressing his face against it, still screaming. Eventually he walked out and down the hallway to the end, all while screaming. He then came back into the classroom and took off his clothes, except for his socks. You know someones crazy when they leave their socks on lmao. At this point everyone in class ran out. We were literally scared for his life. The police took about 15 minutes to get here, and during this time he continued walking around screaming.

He went between apologizing, yelling at us for sucking at math, and just plain gibberish.

He was just teaching and then started talking, then crying, then angry and screaming and shit.

I was so scared lmao. The worst part was when we went to get up to run away and he came barreling back into the room so we quickly were like “shit sit down!!”

We reached out to several students via DM. One responded,

There was always something off about him. He repeated himself multiple times about subjects with no relevance to the class. And today he came in really depressed. Maybe his wife left him? who knows. But then he just snapped. Went off about there being no ****ing god.

Another, a computer science student named Adam Crane, wrote to HyperVocal,

I was in the classroom just down the hall(the classroom he is leaning on in the picture). We heard laughing from down the hall it quickly turned to yelling and cursing something about god. Next thing we knew his shirt was gone. Luckily from our vantage point we couldn’t see his lower half. Class was disrupted as we waited for the police to arrive. Took them 15-20 minutes even though the department is right across the street

MLive reports that the professor has been hospitalized. MSU police confirms.

MSU police responded and took the professor into protected custody and transported him to a local hospital.

No one was injured and the professor is not being charged with a crime, MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said. She declined to comment further on the matter.

MSU police have not released the professor’s identity or age. Inquiries made to university officials were not immediately returned.

MSU’s Counseling Center has reached out to students in the professor’s class, McGlothian-Taylor said.

During the professor’s lecture, one student even tweeted that something was wrong:

Karson Arnold @karsonarnold

I think my professor is literally losing his mind right in front of class mid lecture.

Another student ID’d the professor and posted this:

I was in this class when it happened. He was ranting about computers, Steve Jobs(pronounced Jobes), and how everything is just an act. He ran into the hallway and pressed his face up against the windows to the room and said something about him not yelling. Then he ran back in and started crying and pulled a dollar out of his wallet for some reason. At this point we all knew he had completely lost it. He started yelling profanities and something about God. He went into the hallway and continued yelling as he made his way through the building. Class got out early so I don’t know for sure what happened then.

We could all tell this was going to happen from day one. He was always acting odd and having small rants, but it was just a matter of time before this happened. He would make odd analogies about wife beating, as well as other things that didn’t standout to me as much.

A third student posted on Facebook:

We’ll keep you posted as more sources cover the incident and as the first witness, who goes by TheCookieKing on Reddit, continues to provide updates. Meanwhile, we hope the professor gets the help he needs.

Oddly, this isn’t the first time a professor has been in the spotlight for on-campus nudity.
Read more at http://hypervocal.com/news/2012/msu-pro ... ABD2bDL.99
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: MSU Professor Loses His Mind and Strips Naked During Class

Post by Funkmasterr »

That reminds me of an English teacher I had in middle school. His wife busted into class one day and started screaming at him and throwing shit at him because she found out he was cheating on her with a dude. It was epic.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Lol I had that guy for a class. He seemed very normal in a "90% of these students hate math and it will drive me insane some day" kind of way.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Scary, given the current landscape of loonies with guns in public places.
en kærlighed småkager
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

lmao good article lmao. journalism am i rite lmao
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

if I was a professor at an american university I probably would have shot up my class by my 3rd week of employment. american college kids are fuckin DUMB

lmao
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I was going to say... The guy obviously has issues. Now it's all over the internet. Sort of sucks for him. Things like this really shouldn't be 'reported' on but I guess that's the society we live in today unfortunately.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Aslanna wrote:I was going to say... The guy obviously has issues. Now it's all over the internet. Sort of sucks for him. Things like this really shouldn't be 'reported' on but I guess that's the society we live in today unfortunately.
Yeah, I agree. I feel sorry for the poor guy. I can only imagine what happened to push him to this point.

I've always been very mentally stable, but dealing with the mother of my son lately has pushed me to the point, a few times, that I felt like I could just lose it. Luckily, I can sit down and calm myself down no matter what happens.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Why don't you have a seat right over there.