Rush Limbaugh = King Asshole

What do you think about the world?
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Re: Rush Limbaugh = King Asshole

Post by Jice Virago »

First off, this is about control. Religion exists by controlling people, usually through fear. Letting women have any sort of control over their own destiny, let alone the ability to have sex for any reason other than cranking out babies, is an anamathea to these institutions. Second, the Mormons and Catholics are in a fucking breeding war right now and the Mormons are winning (magic underwear and polygomy for the win!), so you bet your ass the Catholics are going to oppose this shit. Finally, the only group of people Rush (and his redneck racist fucktard audience) hate more than black people are free thinking women. The guy is on wife number four and has quite literally said worse shit than this about empowered women on a daily basis for years. You republican faithful can bet your asses that as soon as the GOP Teabaggers figure out how to get the darkies to the back of the bus again, they will start working on taking away as many women's rights as they possibly can.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

=D>
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Winnow wrote:
Thess wrote:The pill is used for health reasons, it is not just used for contraception. This whole thing really should be a non issue because of that point.
It appears, in this case, insurance coverage was requested to prevent unwanted pregnancy. If it's for other medical reasons, that would be a separate consideration.
You already need a prescription to use the pill.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Thess wrote: You already need a prescription to use the pill.
Right, but we're talking about insurance covering the costs. I would categorize coverage for medical conditions separate from coverage for recreational sex.

Rubbers are cheap! Plus they protect better against STDs.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

My girl's on the "shot" version of the pill. All she has to do is head to Planned Parenthood once every 3 months and gets a dose of hormones n such. While incredibly effective and worry-free, she is constantly... bleeding. Pros and cons, right?

condoms suuuuuuck
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Winnow wrote:
Thess wrote: You already need a prescription to use the pill.
Right, but we're talking about insurance covering the costs. I would categorize coverage for medical conditions separate from coverage for recreational sex.

Rubbers are cheap! Plus they protect better against STDs.
So as a republican you are suggesting more bureaucracy?
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Leonaerd wrote:My girl's on the "shot" version of the pill. All she has to do is head to Planned Parenthood once every 3 months and gets a dose of hormones n such. While incredibly effective and worry-free, she is constantly... bleeding. Pros and cons, right?

condoms suuuuuuck
She should probably go to her obgyn, constant bleeding is a sign of ovarian cysts.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:I thought wankers that buy "organic" were the saviour of the western farmer.
Organic is more costly to farm, which is why you see less of it here. I don't see how it's supposed to be a savior, though. I also hope you aren't implying that organic food is bullshit, I've never known you to say such a laughably ignorant thing.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:Right, but we're talking about insurance covering the costs. I would categorize coverage for medical conditions separate from coverage for recreational sex.
Pregnancy is a medical condition. Birth control helps prevent pregnancy.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Zaelath wrote:I thought wankers that buy "organic" were the saviour of the western farmer.
Organic is more costly to farm, which is why you see less of it here. I don't see how it's supposed to be a savior, though. I also hope you aren't implying that organic food is bullshit, I've never known you to say such a laughably ignorant thing.
Economically speaking most organic foods are inefficient and costly to produce, require more resources per yield to grow and don't have any real benefits over modern farming techniques. the main thing organic foods do is make people feel better about themselves for eating it.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Again, agree with Kyou. Funk, how's that kool-aid?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:
Winnow wrote:Right, but we're talking about insurance covering the costs. I would categorize coverage for medical conditions separate from coverage for recreational sex.
good god man
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:
Spang wrote:
good god man
Well, preventing pregnancy is just one of many things birth control is used for. 58% of all woman aged 15-44 who use birth control, use birth control for something other than preventing a pregnancy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: Well, preventing pregnancy is just one of many things birth control is used for. 58% of all woman aged 15-44 who use birth control, use birth control for something other than preventing a pregnancy.
Yes, and that 58% is something that should be considered for insurance coverage. It doesn't have to be all or nothing coverage.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:
Spang wrote: Well, preventing pregnancy is just one of many things birth control is used for. 58% of all woman aged 15-44 who use birth control, use birth control for something other than preventing a pregnancy.
Yes, and that 58% is something that should be considered for insurance coverage. It doesn't have to be all or nothing coverage.
Why can't we provide full coverage to all women?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

kyoukan wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Economically speaking most organic foods are inefficient and costly to produce, require more resources per yield to grow and don't have any real benefits over modern farming techniques. the main thing organic foods do is make people feel better about themselves for eating it.

Right, because there's no firm scientific proof that herbicides, pesticides, growth hormones, etc have a seriously bad impact on our health? Please tell me you don't really believe that? I feel really bad for you if you do.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:
kyoukan wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

Right, because there's no firm scientific proof that herbicides, pesticides, growth hormones, etc have a seriously bad impact on our health? Please tell me you don't really believe that? I feel really bad for you if you do.
P&T did a whole episode on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zqe4ZV9LDs

There really is no scientific proof of anything you implicitly claim, unless you're huffing that shit directly from the source.

There IS however scientific proof that if all food was produced "organically" then you would have enough food to feed something less than 50% of your population, probably much less.

There is also plenty of proof that "organic" is such a flexible term that a lot of it has been exposed to pesticides and has a GM content.

If you feel better on organic food than commercially farmed food then good for you, but you could achieve the same effect by taking a pill* with meals that ensures all those scary things you think are in the food are neutralised.

*Yes, that pill's active ingredient would be sucrose.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
kyoukan wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

P&T did a whole episode on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zqe4ZV9LDs

There really is no scientific proof of anything you implicitly claim, unless you're huffing that shit directly from the source.

There IS however scientific proof that if all food was produced "organically" then you would have enough food to feed something less than 50% of your population, probably much less.

There is also plenty of proof that "organic" is such a flexible term that a lot of it has been exposed to pesticides and has a GM content.

If you feel better on organic food than commercially farmed food then good for you, but you could achieve the same effect by taking a pill* with meals that ensures all those scary things you think are in the food are neutralised.

*Yes, that pill's active ingredient would be sucrose.
Oh man, penn & teller did a show on it, it must be true. Lol.

There are so many studies on how the shit is harmful to us, not to mention water, animals, etc, by so many different scientific groups it's overwhelming. But it's a conspiracy, right? All those scientists are being paid by the man.

I don't care if the shit is only a fraction better for you, with all the unnatural and harmful shit we subject ourselves to nowadays, I'll take any edge I can get.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

there are sooo many studies. I am just not going to cite any while I mock your research.

I don't lick my grapefruits before washing them, so don't see where the problem lies.

but you keep worrying about "growth hormones" in your radishes while people like norman borlaug basically solved world hunger with the use of chemical fertilizers, genetics and modern farming techniques.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Aside from Farmer's Market-organic, home-grown or getting shit from local farms, I don't pay to much credence to organic-labeled supermarket food. My issue is with Monsanto Farms and their propagation of their seed strains (primarily commercial agriculture), which are essentially one-time-only-use and threaten diversity and force more and more people to have to search harder for decent seeds.

It looks like there will be at least be some labeling in place in certain states soon regarding "genetically modified" on produce.

Edit: Yes, I am a prude for enjoying produce that tastes good. :) I think it is important, however, to separate "organic" from local-organic-farm-fresh-yay! Big difference, and not just a organic-buzzword! I also feel the same way about meats purchased at a grocer, as opposed to a rad butcher shop or actually purchasing a side of beef.

- Of course, for me, it is a taste thing, and not having so much encroachment on local small farms/businesses from "Big Food".
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I buy organic Bread & Butter Pickles. But that's only because that's the only one I can find that uses sugar and not HFCS. I don't support big corn!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Helping my friend set up her grow room at the coast this weekend. She has a OMMP card, which allows for 6 marijuana plants (by state law), so there is a ton of extra room for veggies and whatnot. I am very much looking forward to the strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce and chiles! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

kyoukan wrote:there are sooo many studies. I am just not going to cite any while I mock your research.

I don't lick my grapefruits before washing them, so don't see where the problem lies.

but you keep worrying about "growth hormones" in your radishes while people like norman borlaug basically solved world hunger with the use of chemical fertilizers, genetics and modern farming techniques.
Lol. I responded late at night from my phone wasn't about to attempt to find and paste links. And even if I were to do that, I don't see the point when the "research" used to refute my argument was prnn & teller.

I'm the same with the local stuff, I buy local whenever I can.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

wtf does organic food have to do with Rush being the King Asshole?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

you didn't see that squirrel?
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:
kyoukan wrote:there are sooo many studies. I am just not going to cite any while I mock your research.

Lol. I responded late at night from my phone wasn't about to attempt to find and paste links. And even if I were to do that, I don't see the point when the "research" used to refute my argument was prnn & teller.

Hey, I supplied *some* backup to my theory, you have supplied exactly none. Your only "research" is believing the hype.

To be honest, I wasn't about to spend an hour digging up confirmation bias articles to refute an intellect of your calibre.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Bubba Grizz wrote:wtf does organic food have to do with Rush being the King Asshole?
Actually, I find this tangent to be much more interesting than the title suggests.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

Hey, I supplied *some* backup to my theory, you have supplied exactly none. Your only "research" is believing the hype.

To be honest, I wasn't about to spend an hour digging up confirmation bias articles to refute an intellect of your calibre.
You cut me deep there, man.

I'm just not going to expend any energy arguing such a ridiculous point. You'd have to make an effort to read any information on the topic and not find plenty of support from what I'm saying. You know, from scientists.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr is channeling Midnyte. "Your facts suck but I'm not going to provide any of my own."
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Canelek wrote:Helping my friend set up her grow room at the coast this weekend. She has a OMMP card, which allows for 6 marijuana plants (by state law), so there is a ton of extra room for veggies and whatnot. I am very much looking forward to the strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce and chiles! :D

I don't smoke anymore, because I live in Alabama and I cannot know for sure if what I have is pure indica (even a small amount of sativa can cause me to have panic attacks), but that sounds amazing. I'm not a huge fan on organic food, but I am a huge fan of growing my own. I have grown my own vegetables in the past with great success, as well as my own weed. I would love to grow both together.

Here's to hoping that Alabama passes our medical marijuana bills. We have actually gotten surprisingly close over the past few years, considering how conservative the state is. I think a lot of the social conservative voters in the state are for it to try to curb our meth problem.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:Funkmasterr is channeling Midnyte. "Your facts suck but I'm not going to provide any of my own."
He's just like my old room mate, I eventually had to stop arguing with him because all his arguments were religious.

Anyway, sorry for derail... Rush needs to just die already.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... ink-slime/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/0 ... 22325.html

Because there's absolutely no reason we should think non-organic food isn't good for you.. It's like some of you take pride in being ignorant.

Zing!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:
Canelek wrote:Helping my friend set up her grow room at the coast this weekend. She has a OMMP card, which allows for 6 marijuana plants (by state law), so there is a ton of extra room for veggies and whatnot. I am very much looking forward to the strawberries, tomatoes, lettuce and chiles! :D

I don't smoke anymore, because I live in Alabama and I cannot know for sure if what I have is pure indica (even a small amount of sativa can cause me to have panic attacks), but that sounds amazing. I'm not a huge fan on organic food, but I am a huge fan of growing my own. I have grown my own vegetables in the past with great success, as well as my own weed. I would love to grow both together.

Here's to hoping that Alabama passes our medical marijuana bills. We have actually gotten surprisingly close over the past few years, considering how conservative the state is. I think a lot of the social conservative voters in the state are for it to try to curb our meth problem.
Nice! Good for Alabama!

I understand your waryness since I am pretty much the same way, in regards to strains. Granted, I do not smoke often--just for my neck issues so I can sleep proper. I am her "care giver" so can frequent the clubs, which is kind of neat. Picked up somecut flowers to bring to my "patient". :D Also got some cannabis cotton candy! :D

PS: Rush is a douche!
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:(even a small amount of sativa can cause me to have panic attacks)
On top of that the bulk of "commercial" weed has been sprayed with the same stuff that fake pot (K2, etc..) is made with, it will do that plus all kinds of other scary shit.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."