I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Batshit Insane 2012

Post by Boogahz »

Very much so! Tougher than denver donkeys!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I know that the hogs here are not so widespread yet, but hunters are required to report any sightings and are asked to kill them if possible. That is one animal I would prefer to use an AR-15 to hunt than any other animal on the planet.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Discussion of that bill is where I first heard a folks talking about poisoning them off. Seems about the only effective route.

Shooting them from helicopters like that seems kind of expensive and ineffective in the long haul, it is very TX though.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I know that the hogs here are not so widespread yet, but hunters are required to report any sightings and are asked to kill them if possible. That is one animal I would prefer to use an AR-15 to hunt than any other animal on the planet.
Why an AR-15? I've heard of folks getting charged after shooting one with a 30-30, just makes them mad. I'd take a 12GA with sabot slugs
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aabidano wrote:Discussion of that bill is where I first heard a folks talking about poisoning them off. Seems about the only effective route.

Shooting them from helicopters like that seems kind of expensive and ineffective in the long haul, it is very TX though.
The expense should mostly be taken on by the hunters and the companies running the chopper service.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

From growing up with a snake crazy father, i found that the best way to get rid of a snake is to grab it behind the head, pick it up, spend 5 min examining it, 10 min to let your kids and wive look at it and touch it, then set it down again, then theyre off in a flash :D
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aabidano wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I know that the hogs here are not so widespread yet, but hunters are required to report any sightings and are asked to kill them if possible. That is one animal I would prefer to use an AR-15 to hunt than any other animal on the planet.
Why an AR-15? I've heard of folks getting charged after shooting one with a 30-30, just makes them mad. I'd take a 12GA with sabot slugs

Well you can kill them fairly reliably with a 9mm with decent ammo. The AR would be a good safe bet for when you encounter more than one (which does tend to be the case). With any caliber, you still need to have good shot placement. Even with a 12 ga you still have to hit vitals and even then you could still get charged before it drops.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Wouldn't think a .223 would have the energy for anything above 35 pounds or so.

Sabot slugs are amazing, saw one that went in through a deers spine where it connects to the pelvis and come out the chest (was bad shot, deer spooked just as he fired). Literally knocked it to the ground. Buckshot seems tempting except a hogs anatomy makes it (reportedly) not so workable.

Wouldn't try it it with a 9mm, that's asking for problems and illegal to use in many states against game animals.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

omg back on topic . This isn't a hog killing thread!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

You guys are all nuts (aside from sabot idea)!

7mm Mag
338 WinMag
300 Mag
45-70 (POW!)

Problem solved.
en kærlighed småkager
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Sylvus wrote:I'm curious why we're assuming that SOX compliance costs $4MM per year? According to the first non-Wikipedia google hit I could find:
Protiviti wrote:Most organizations spend in the range of $100,000 to $1 million annually on compliance-related activities.
Skimming some other articles seem to point out that the cost is the most expensive in the first year of compliance.
Business Finance Magazine wrote:So is the expense worth it? That answer depends heavily on the maturity of a company's compliance process, according to survey respondents. While first year companies generally say the costs of SOX outweigh the benefits, those in year two and beyond say just the opposite -- the benefits of SOX compliance outweigh the costs. And those benefits most often cited in the survey include an enhanced understanding of control design and control operating effectiveness, increased effectiveness and efficiency of operations and the ability of internal audit to perform more traditional and valuable audits in areas other than financial reporting processes.
Other articles point out that some legislation passed in 2007 reduced costs, so perhaps you're using outdated information? I dunno. Just want to make sure we aren't basing our opinions on incorrect facts.
I'm directly involved with our SOX audits and I can tell you in the man power involved and time alone we are at a million at least.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

kyoukan wrote:I don't like spiders. I don't run around my yard with a laser sighted handgun loaded with hollow points in case I see one. Of course, I'm not a moronic fucking twat living out my cowboy fantasies. I imagine that people like Rick Parry and yourself would have a problem identifying with that.

I also lack a penis so I do not feel the need to compensate for my little tiny one with a handgun.
man spiders sure do suck, don't they? i can't get rid of all these black widows and now i have a bunch of desert recluses in my house running all over the tile.

ugh.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Aslanna wrote:I still don't understand why you have to shoot the snake. Why just leave the fucking snake alone and be on your way? Carrying a gun does not make you any safer against snakes at all.

Your argument makes no sense.
Go camping and wake up with a diamond back a foot away from your tent and see how you feel ;p

The point of snakeshot is to take out a snake with far less risk to others than a normal caliber round.

You do have a point about leaving the snake alone, but sometimes it's not really an option. We've taken to bringing a 6 foot pole with a claw on the end camping for grabbing and moving anything that comes into camp.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Aslanna wrote:I still don't understand why you have to shoot the snake. Why just leave the fucking snake alone and be on your way? Carrying a gun does not make you any safer against snakes at all.

Go camping and wake up with a diamond back a foot away from your tent and see how you feel ;p

The point of snakeshot is to take out a snake with far less risk to others than a normal caliber round.

You do have a point about leaving the snake alone, but sometimes it's not really an option. We've taken to bringing a 6 foot pole with a claw on the end camping for grabbing and moving anything that comes into camp.
The dude isn't camping.. He's jogging. There is no reason to "take out a snake" just move the fuck on. There's no scenario here where having a gun will help you at all with snakes while running. You have to see them to stop and aim. Use that time to just keep on running.

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aabidano wrote:Wouldn't think a .223 would have the energy for anything above 35 pounds or so.

Sabot slugs are amazing, saw one that went in through a deers spine where it connects to the pelvis and come out the chest (was bad shot, deer spooked just as he fired). Literally knocked it to the ground. Buckshot seems tempting except a hogs anatomy makes it (reportedly) not so workable.

Wouldn't try it it with a 9mm, that's asking for problems and illegal to use in many states against game animals.

There are a lot of people who use .223 (or 5.56 to be more accurate) for hogs and deer...not to mention it is an effective killer of people. The energy from that round is devestating (and one guy reported that the VMAX in .223 has gotten him instant drops on 80 lb hogs with shots that missed vitals. A 12 gauge would be stellar, but if you have 5 shots and 3+ hogs bearing down, you might be in trouble. They actually kill them in some slaughterhouses with a .177 pellet!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I think it's interesting that someone who eats animals is preaching about not shooting them.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:I think it's interesting that someone who eats animals is preaching about not shooting them.
I think it's interesting that someone who doesn't eat animals is a worthless arrogant douchebag troll. Oh wait no I don't. Especially when that someone is you.

Where's the preaching? Go the fuck back to your vegan thread and do your masturbating there.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:Where's the preaching? Go the fuck back to your vegan thread and do your masturbating there.
You're all up and down this thread preaching to Kilmoll about how he shouldn't be shooting animals, how it's unnecessary. And yet, you contribute to the annual slaughter of 10 billion land and 18 billion marine animals. You're like those idiots who were (and continue to be) outraged by Michael Vick's treatment of dogs, while applauding Sarah Palin's equally-sadistic treatment of moose and wolves.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It's not so much that it's cruel more than shooting animals for "sport" is a laughably pathetic activity practiced by cowards who are unsuccessfully compensating for their lack of masculinity in areas where it actually counts. Fucking bowling is manlier.

Hence this thread talking about ever increasing firepower needed to kill a fucking pig. In another page they will be talking about using truck mounted .50 caliber turrets and napalm to take down a deer.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:You're all up and down this thread preaching to Kilmoll about how he shouldn't be shooting animals, how it's unnecessary. And yet, you contribute to the annual slaughter of 10 billion land and 18 billion marine animals. You're like those idiots who were (and continue to be) outraged by Michael Vick's treatment of dogs, while applauding Sarah Palin's equally-sadistic treatment of moose and wolves.
Your reading comprehension is seriously lacking. If Perry (note I never said Kilmoll) was going out hunting for snakes to eat and provide for his family that would be a different matter. Killing a snake simply because you see it out in the woods and are "scared of it" is just being a dick. It's stating a fact it's not preaching. Seriously keep your animal-loving vegan bullshit in your thread or you'll find that it will start following you into other threads like it was not that long ago. We get it you are better than the rest of us now shut the fuck up.
Last edited by Aslanna on September 28, 2011, 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Fucking bowling is manlier.

yeah back when this pic was taken i'd bowl with a 14 pound ball but i upped to a 16 pounder because you need that extra pop in case 30 or so pins come at you all at once
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

kyoukan wrote:It's not so much that it's cruel more than shooting animals for "sport" is a laughably pathetic activity practiced by cowards who are unsuccessfully compensating for their lack of masculinity in areas where it actually counts. Fucking bowling is manlier.
I hunted to put groceries on the table in a cost effective manner for a long time, would agree with you in many cases. Plus the area I lived in had 26 deer per square mile and hundreds of road kills a year despite heavy hunting pressure. In parts of SC there's no limit on bucks, the season used to run Aug 15 - Jan 1, unsure about now. Squirrels had more restrictions than deer.

Perry appears to be one of those cases, or is playing the role to get votes. Again, he's a boob just based on this topic, other areas concern me more though. This is just an example of his boobiness.

Just go look at his AFA sponsored talking points, I don't know if he believes in that either, but they're among the ones paying his bills. They influence a huge voting bloc too.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:It's stating a fact it's not preaching.
If my stating of facts is preaching, then your stating of facts is also preaching.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

4 million feral hogs in the entire US. 2 million of them are in Texas. The damage done to crops is in the millions. These are not just pigs being shot.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Leonaerd wrote:
Fucking bowling is manlier.

yeah back when this pic was taken i'd bowl with a 14 pound ball but i upped to a 16 pounder because you need that extra pop in case 30 or so pins come at you all at once
:lol: :lol:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

In another page they will be talking about using truck mounted .50 caliber turrets and napalm to take down a deer.
YES! .500 S&W MAG! :D POW POW POW!

Of course, that would turn the local blacktail into tufts of fur and red.

Back on topic: Do we really need more passive-aggressive faith-based-diet threads? That other one is purt'near 18 pages.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That .500 S&W is sooooooo sweet up until you pull the trigger and fight to keep it from caving in your forehead. There comes a point where I would rather just carry a rifle....and the .500 passes way the fuck over it.

4 million feral hogs in the entire US. 2 million of them are in Texas. The damage done to crops is in the millions. These are not just pigs being shot.
It is pointless to feed that troll. Here's to hoping she wraps those poisonous lips around the barrel of whatever womanly caliber she chooses and ends it. :fist:
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

There is a pratical use for firearms for self defense and pest defense. Most Texans have no fucking clue where that line is and just swing their penis compensators around like morons as they sing the praises of their lax gun laws. If you feel the need to carry a gun while jogging, you should probably consider another place to do your running. Perry is just another texan in this regard, like that asshole who shot two men in the back we were discussing in that one thread. I would have serious concerns about the judgement of anyone who felt compelled to handle firearms so recklessly, purely to sate their ego.

In the scheme of things, the gun bullshit bothers me very little. Its the Jesus knob slobbering that I am more worried about.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Jice Virago wrote:In the scheme of things, the gun bullshit bothers me very little. Its the Jesus knob slobbering that I am more worried about.
By itself that doesn't bother me, that they feel they have the right to impose it on others does.

The total silence from the news on the topic bothers me as well.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

NEWTON, Iowa -- With a well-established track record for raising eyebrows on the stump, Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota on Wednesday said she thinks President Obama should be impeached.

After visiting a coffee shop in this small Iowa town, Bachmann was asked by a man in the crowd, "When will we impeach him and get him out of the way?" The candidate replied, "Well, I'll tell you, I'll tell you, I agree, I agree. Some people are really upset." Then she moved on to the next well-wisher.

Her impeachment comments came after she gave her standard stump speech at Uncle Nancy's coffee shop, a popular stop for presidential candidates courting voters in the first-in-the-nation caucus state. About 60 people turned out to hear Bachmann.

Her crowds have diminished along with her political fortunes in recent weeks. Texas Gov. Rick Perry may get the prize for worst debater in the Republican field, but Bachmann is on track to win most gaffe-prone. Last month, after a candidate debate, she claimed that a popular vaccine for girls to prevent cervical cancer could cause mental retardation, an assertion that was immediately debunked by medical experts.

Other recent Bachmann-isms include her claim that Obama's policies caused the popular rebellions and political upheaval sweeping the Arab world, an assertion that president should bar Iran's leader from the United Nations in violation of international treaties and her dismissal of a question about school bullying as "not a federal issue." Other problems for Bachmann have included the departures of Ed Rollins, her top political adviser, and Ed Goeas, her pollster.

The U.S. Constitution provides for a president to be impeached and removed from office for treason, bribery and other "high crimes and misdemeanor." Only two American presidents have been impeached in history; the last was President Bill Clinton.
I wonder if she too can see Russia from her house. She doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the tulip patch.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I'm not going to accuse them of being that crafty, but why would they want to win? They're doing what they want now and have a great scapegoat at the top.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Never underestimate the power of naked racist hatred. There is a huge element to the GOP Base that wants the "darkie" out of "their" white house.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Maybe we want our own darkie in there!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Maybe we want our own darkie in there!
:lol: Bryan Gumble?
en kærlighed småkager
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Aslanna wrote:
*~*stragi*~* wrote:

The dude isn't camping.. He's jogging. There is no reason to "take out a snake" just move the fuck on. There's no scenario here where having a gun will help you at all with snakes while running. You have to see them to stop and aim. Use that time to just keep on running.
YOU CAN'T HAVE MY GUNS
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

kyoukan wrote:It's not so much that it's cruel more than shooting animals for "sport" is a laughably pathetic activity practiced by cowards who are unsuccessfully compensating for their lack of masculinity in areas where it actually counts. Fucking bowling is manlier.

Hence this thread talking about ever increasing firepower needed to kill a fucking pig. In another page they will be talking about using truck mounted .50 caliber turrets and napalm to take down a deer.
you kill pigs with a dog and a spear
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

the dude who can't read
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Sarah Palin isn't running for President! Yes, anyone with half a brain has known this for years, yet the media continued to slobber all over her man meat while she 'considered' a run. Someone who quit halfway through her governorship and loves her speaking fees so much would not settle down to do a real job. Hopefully now we can just shelve her to political punditry and forget about her.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Palin isn't running because every poll ever taken has her losing to Obama with a 25% margin and Obama is about as popular as your drunk uncle showing up at your wedding. She'll run in 2016 and she is not going anywhere until Americans wise up.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Comment on NPR this weekend: "Republican candidates are like first wives. You love them until you get to know them".
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I like Herman Cain. He's so gloriously stupid. I hope he wins the primaries.

The stuff on last week's daily show about how dishonest Palin's superpac is was fucking hilarious. And sad.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I predicted Herman Cain would win the GOP nomination in June.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Now the shit about Mormans not being Christian, and non-Christians shouldn't be president is being trotted out since Romney is the GOP's frontrunner. Anyone besides me find it sadly ironic that most of the people making these types of statements aren't really Christian either, but rather wannabe-militant Jews, who ignore the "peace, love, forgiveness" mantra of that hippy, Jesus and get back to the old testament and its wrath? This of course also ignores that one of the founding princples of the country was seperation of Church and State...
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Not to mention to rational people watching one religious kook say "This guy's imaginary friend is not real, but mine is!" is full of all sorts of delicious irony. I guess if there is one thing that mobilizes the base more than racial intollerance its religious intolerance....

Dwight Eisenhower
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Jice Virago wrote: guess if there is one thing that mobilizes the base more than racial intollerance its religious intolerance....
From both sides, for different reasons ;)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah you're right. Those scientists talking about not only how rapidly the wild pig population is spreading (doubled in the last decade), but how they've been getting bigger and bigger because of european/Russian boars that were introduced into the wild in recent years are stupid. I'm sure you could take a 550 pound wild boar that was charging at you down with a machete, Rambo style niggaaaaaa!!1

I'm not a hunter, but I see the necessity for population control in some species, like deer and wild boar. I also can see that when wild boars have become much bigger, you might have to up the caliber of gun.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah, a big thanks to all the brave hunters keeping the pig population in check.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Listening to the radio over the weekend, a self identified "conservative Christian" said he was planning to sit out the election if (when) Romney gets the nod as he couldn't in good conscience vote for a Mormon or any democrat.

The show went on to talk about likeability vs. approval, even while not approving of Obama performance few dislike him. In contrast Romney isn't well liked at all. He's done a good job of painting himself as an aloof, rich banker.

Kind of sad really, "Mormon ward leader(think that's the term) Romney" or "Governor Romney" would make a decent president if it weren't for his party of asshats. As it is, if elected he'd just be a continuation of the further shafting of the public or totally ineffective.

Which isn't to say I expect great things out of a 2nd term Obama, just "less bad".

Pro-Obama ads are getting one or twice per news broadcast airplay here, mainly painting Romney as a corporate douchebag.

RNC seems to have painted itself into a corner, will be an interesting year.