American Conservative = Mentally handicapped

What do you think about the world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

American Conservative = Mentally handicapped

Post by miir »

So this consiervative blogger Pamela Geller has called for a boycott of 15 varieties of Campbells Halal soups because she alleges that the group that certifies them Halal has ties to 'Islamic terrorists'.

The hillarious thing is that these soups aren't made or even sold in the US.

A bunch of other right-wing blogger/media retards have jumped on the bandwagon as well... They even created a 'Boycott Campbell Soup' Facebook group

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... le1761436/

Nobody listening to this garbage would even be buying Halal food anyway.
It's as ridiculous as an Imam asking his followers to boycott kosher food.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: American Conservative = Mentally handicapped

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

so? do we really need to stick a label of "conservatives = mentally handicapped" onto a tiny ass boycott? do you REALLY want me to go through and find every idiotic boycott started by liberals?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I doubt you'll find any as retarded as a boycott on soup.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I am going to get 5000 posts just proving you wrong

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... d_ire.html
Opponents of Arizona's new anti-immigrant law are calling for a boycott of the state's products - including the popular Arizona Iced Tea.

The problem: Arizona Iced Tea is actually brewed in New York.

Online, misguided tea fans vowed to switch to Lipton or Snapple.

"Dear Arizona: If you don't change your immigration policy, I will have to stop drinking your enjoyable brand of iced tea," Twittered Jody Beth in Los Angeles.

"It is the drink of fascists," wrote Travis Nichols in Chicago.

the drink of fascists hahahahahahahahahah
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

That's pretty funny... but there's a pretty big difference between a handful of stupid individuals and people like Pamela Geller who have influence over thousands of likeminded morons.

The boycott campbells Facebook group has over FOUR THOUSAND racist members.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Islam is a race? [-X
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Yes, Americans are the only intolerant, racist country in the world.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/44408/
Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel, in a speech to the youth wing of her Christian-Democratic Union party, said “The multicultural approach … has failed, and failed absolutely,” in a video clip on guardian.co.uk.

Germany opened its borders to foreign workers in the 1960s and made no demands that immigrants learn the language or integrate into German society.

Merkel said that the hope of having separate cultural groups happily coexisting inside Germany was “not the reality.”

The Chancellor made it clear that she was not proposing Germany seal its borders. Germany could not risk being seen as a country which rejected foreigners, she said, because, “that would do great damage to our country. Companies would go elsewhere, because they couldn’t find workers here.”

Merkel went on to explain that “integration is one of the key tasks facing us in the future. At the same time it must be a trademark of Germany that the country gives people here an opportunity.”

Merkel also said, “We feel bound to the Christian image of humanity—that is what defines us. Those who do not accept this are in the wrong place here,” according to the Daily Mail.

Many Germans Prefer Fewer Immigrants
Merkel is under pressure from elements of her own party to tighten up on immigration. This pressure comes from a general increase in xenophobia in the country.

Germany, with a population of 79 million, is home to seven million immigrants, 4.3 million of which are Muslims, according to the Daily Mail.

The Guardian reports that last week Bavarian Premier Horst Seehoffer, a CDU member, called for a halt to all Turkish and Arabic immigration.

Also last week, the Freidrich Ebert Foundation, a think tank associated with the center-left opposition Social Democratic Party, released a study showing 30 percent of Germans feel their country is being ”overrun by foreigners,” the Christian Science Monitor reports.

The study also found that 60 percent of all Germans would “restrict the practice of Islam,” and 17 percent said Jews had “too much influence.”

Not all CDU members favor the anti-immigrant rhetoric. On Sunday, Labor Minister Ursula von der Leyen told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung that Germany needed more skilled workers, and should consider lowering immigration barriers for trained foreigners.

Chancellor Merkel said training unemployed Germans should take precedence over bringing in skilled foreign workers, though she admitted some would be needed.
I get it, American = Evil, Conservative = Evil, but don't paint the Muslim religion as evil for the acts of a few zealots. Do you actually think these things through? Yes, there is a group of crazy ass Rush/Beck Fanatics that make all conservatives look bad. Yes there are the zany tree hugging liberals who make the way left look like hippy unintelligent idiots. It does not mean every Republic or Democrat is the same as these pyschos. I guarantee you there are more then 4000 people tied to radical muslim groups. For the record, I have no issue with Muslims, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, whatever. I just enjoy your double standards.

And seriously, point to crazy liberal groups. Half the environmental movement, most of the animal rights groups, do I need to go on? There are great groups in both, but there are loony people in both groups too.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Lately it seems like the right wing bloggers, tea baggers and talk radio blowhards are really trying to out-stupid each other.

They obviously don't have a monopoly on stupidity (I don't think I implied that) but they certainly aren't shy about waving their retard flag for all to see.

Yes, Americans are the only intolerant, racist country in the world.
Yea because criticisms about immigration and multiculturalism in your own country is so much like boycotting soup that's made and sold in another country. :roll:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Send all these people to Canada. Just make sure the US has time to secure the border first. Huge wall with just a few openings for the natural resources to get through.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

And seriously, point to crazy liberal groups. Half the environmental movement, most of the animal rights groups, do I need to go on?
Those loony left wingers aren't as integrated into the political machine as the loonies on the right.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

miir wrote:Those loony left wingers aren't as integrated into the political machine as the loonies on the right.
My guess is they're more deeply entrenched, but finally woke up to the fact that the hollyweird crazy they were selling wasn't getting their agenda anyplace. Hence the appeal to the middle and wins in 2008. Of course having Bush and Darth Cheney around didn't hurt anything either.

The appearance of being extremists is going to prevent the republican revolution v2 from happening anytime soon.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

So, people are actually thinking Merkel is a racist now? Wow, talk about spouting baseless opinions.

Anyway, to keep semi on topic as to how retarded american conservatives are, this video should do the trick.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/po ... .gaffe.cnn

What a dumbass.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

The Merkel topic been ongoing for a while in various contexts. Not much different that what's happening in France and other countries honestly.

Of course it's only racist when the US tries to integrate new citizens into the existing society.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

miir wrote:What the fuck is wrong with these people?
You have a mirror in your bathroom? Go stand in front of it and ask your question several times. Make sure you express some righteous indignation. Bitch slap yourself a couple of times for good measure. You are the problem.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Metanis wrote:You have a mirror in your bathroom? Go stand in front of it and ask your question several times. Make sure you express some righteous indignation. Bitch slap yourself a couple of times for good measure. You are the problem.
If anything, I feel truly sorry for people like you.
You're told what to think even when it makes no fucking sense to those of us who actually use our brain.

It's easy to boycott something that you would never ever buy, even if you were able to buy it. :lol:
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Meanwhile, not-so-lovable dimwit Glenn Beck said today on his radio show that evolution is ridiculous because he's never seen a half-man, half-monkey running around. Not Kidding.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Xatrei wrote:Meanwhile, not-so-lovable dimwit Glenn Beck said today on his radio show that evolution is ridiculous because he's never seen a half-man, half-monkey running around. Not Kidding.
He's just flirting with Christine O'Donnell
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

The other day I called for a boycott of Papa Murphy's pizza because they no longer offered a military discount. I am not military, but have friends and family members that are...

That said, my information was wrong, and they actually still offer a discount. Of course, my viewer-base is a tad smaller than the politicos...
en kærlighed småkager
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

I'm officially boycotting this thread...

Anyone care to join me?
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Tyek wrote:but don't paint the Muslim religion as evil for the acts of a few zealots.
I paint the Muslim religion as evil based upon everything that I see. Or more accurately, not the religion itself but the followers. A dimwitted idiot from some no name church mentioning burning some books gets thousands of people in an uproar calling for the destruction of the US, the murder of people, etc, etc. Shall we talk about the cartoon scandal a few years back? These people are off their fucking rockers.

I'm personally sick and tired of the "dont paint all Muslims based on a few zealots" excuse.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

So I am driving my daughter and wife to her pitching coach and can't find anything on the radio. I can't listen to Opie and Anthony so I am changing channels and see America Left. I can honestly say I have now found the liberal version of Glenn Beck and his name is Mike Malloy. He is retarded on levels I cannot comprehend. His arguements were half baked, made no sense and omitted huge portions of facts. He actually said Germany calls us a 3rd world country because the people in a small town in Alabama were accepting jobs at 30K a year. He kept discussing how CAPITALIST would like a reinstitution of Slavery, or some form thereof. It was a trainwreck of epic proportions. If you guys think every Republican is like Rush or Beck, then I am going to paint all liberals as this looney idiot.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

How many people know who that guy is, or listen to him? Now, how many people know who Beck is, and listen to him? Of course there are batshit insane liberals - they just don't have nearly as many batshit insane followers.

A better example would be that flaming fucking dumbass Keith Olbermann, and he still doesn't even come close.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Bagar- wrote:How many people know who that guy is, or listen to him? Now, how many people know who Beck is, and listen to him? Of course there are batshit insane liberals - they just don't have nearly as many batshit insane followers.

A better example would be that flaming fucking dumbass Keith Olbermann, and he still doesn't even come close.

I think I have more then stated my contempt for Olbermann. It amazes me that what we get from the media to represent a certain group are these people on the radical fringes. These are the very same groups that are killing their own parties. I guess it makes for better TV and Radio to have some idiot spouting catchphrases and insanity then to have some calm, rational discussion though.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Tyek wrote:I guess it makes for better TV and Radio to have some idiot spouting catchphrases and insanity then to have some calm, rational discussion though.
It sells more lube.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I've disliked Olbermann for awhile, but he really gained my contempt when he criticized the one person in the "news" that actually has some degree of reason for making an absolutely truthful statement. The guy's a fucking lunatic if he thinks he is anything but the other side of the coin that Fox News is on.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Tyek wrote:Germany calls us a 3rd world country because the people in a small town in Alabama were accepting jobs at 30K a year.
BMW pays less in SC for positions that would earn 4 times that in Germany. The position in Germany would require a degree though and likely a lengthy apprenticeship. You also wouldn't work overtime as that's seen as a management failure, getting fired\laid off is nearly impossible. Poland is very similar, I work with a lot of Germans and Poles.

I've heard this sort of thing from both sides, in a way it's correct. The Germans build plants in rural areas here, pay 1/3 what they'd have to in Germany, w\o benefits just like we do in other countries. Of course most other countries have some sort of national health system. For the people getting hired it's a lot better than unemployment or welfare.

This is what the people driving the tea party bus represent, and have convinced people to help them along through fear. Not that the current ruling class is much better.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I think it's awesome that in two decades we've gone from being the world's economic powerhouse to Germany's Mexico.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Heard a pundit call it "end stage capitalism". Since the '80s these people really don't understand that the future actually will come along and bite them in the ass, they all assume they won't be the one holding the potato when it turns into a turd. Our govt cheers them along and enables it. Glad I work for a French company.

Economy's definitely picking up again, all across the tech sector companies are hiring\having retention issues. Blue hairs are streaming down I-75 like they haven't in a few years. It was a parade of inbound RVs last weekend. So much for getting a camping spot at Cedar Key this weekend.