Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: I love being right.

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Just one question:

Do you have any logical reason to be opposed to government run/sponsored health insurance plan?
I think I gave a few perfectly good reasons in my last post. I don't like the government sticking their corrupt paws into my life any more than is 100% necessary is what it boils down to, though.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I don't like the government controlling any more than they have to, because they will be just as bad as the corporations when it comes to bending shit to their will, health care is no different.
You should move to Somalia. You'd like it there. There's absolutely no government there to interfere with your selfish lifestyle.
I heard they have pirates too! Bad ass!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Funkmasterr wrote:I think I gave a few perfectly good reasons in my last post. I don't like the government sticking their corrupt paws into my life any more than is 100% necessary is what it boils down to, though.
The proposed changes do not force anyone to partake in government run/sponsored healthcare plans.
You would be under no obligation to involve the government in any your healthcare choices.

So I guess that means you're not opposed to Obama's health care reforms?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I think I gave a few perfectly good reasons in my last post. I don't like the government sticking their corrupt paws into my life any more than is 100% necessary is what it boils down to, though.
The proposed changes do not force anyone to partake in government run/sponsored healthcare plans.
You would be under no obligation to involve the government in any your healthcare choices.

So I guess that means you're not opposed to Obama's health care reforms?
Did you read what I wrote?

If the government makes their sponsored plan, they can do a lot of things to make the private plans become more expensive, thus making them not really an option for people.. See where I'm going with this? Some of the bleeding hearts here might look at that as some kind of conservative paranoia but in all reality with our governments track record it isn't too far fetched.

So no I don't directly have an issue with the government plan, just the reprocussions that it could cause.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

If the government makes their sponsored plan, they can do a lot of things to make the private plans become more expensive, thus making them not really an option for people.. See where I'm going with this? Some of the bleeding hearts here might look at that as some kind of conservative paranoia but in all reality with our governments track record it isn't too far fetched.
If these private corporations are sincerely looking out for your best interests and providing good value, they should have nothing to worry about, right? :roll:

Nobody wants to take away your right to buy the best healthcare you can afford.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
If these private corporations are sincerely looking out for your best interests and providing good value, they should have nothing to worry about, right? :roll:

Nobody wants to take away your right to buy the best healthcare you can afford.
That's not true dude, why are you being such a pain in the ass about this? The government likes to force their shit on you, not matter what pipe dream Obama sold you. So the private corporations interests, the value they provide, etc have jack shit to do with it. The government has... the government on their side to make their offer one you can't refuse.

Open your eyes. The government here in the states is run just like the damn corporations you're bitching about, if you think that our interests are their number 1 you're insane.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So you're essentially saying that you'd rather be assfucked by corporate America than see your fellow Americans given the option to choose a healthcare plan sponsored by the government.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

It's almost a little embarrassing seeing this exchange going on across the water.

It appears to be a battle between the uninformed and the reasonable. As usual.

Suggestions? Stop watching Fox News (And treat anyone who does watch it with the contempt and silliness that they deserve). Read about the issues. Stop bringing guns to events as a way of showing the size of your tiny dick and start growing up.

(Suggestions that are obvious to anyone with an IQ above 100)

Your welcome.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nick wrote:It's almost a little embarrassing seeing this exchange going on across the water.

It appears to be a battle between the uninformed and the reasonable. As usual.

Suggestions? Stop watching Fox News (And treat anyone who does watch it with the contempt and silliness that they deserve). Read about the issues. Stop bringing guns to events as a way of showing the size of your tiny dick and start growing up.

(Suggestions that are obvious to anyone with an IQ above 100)

Your welcome.
Wow, you really hit the nail on the head there mate. As usual. :roll:
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

There are legitimate concerns to be had about health-care reform, but the right-wing campaign of misinformation and fear-mongering has completely destroyed any means of reasonable debate on the issue.

There are reasonable people on either side of the health-care debate. However, this is no longer a battle between reasonable people who have contrasting viewpoints. It truly is a battle between the reasonable(from the right and the left) and the misinformed.

Nick did hit the nail squarely on the head.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Keverian FireCry wrote:There are legitimate concerns to be had about health-care reform, but the right-wing campaign of misinformation and fear-mongering has completely destroyed any means of reasonable debate on the issue.

There are reasonable people on either side of the health-care debate. However, this is no longer a battle between reasonable people who have contrasting viewpoints. It truly is a battle between the reasonable(from the right and the left) and the misinformed.

Nick did hit the nail squarely on the head.
Explain to me how I'm misinformed then (hint, I'm not just misinformed because I don't agree with you). A summary of my concerns would be: want government to be as small and out of my life as possible, I don't want to foot the bill for anything for anyone else, and I worry that even if the government were to present themselves as an option they could make theirs much more favorable because they have the law on their side.

I would say there are probably a lot of people out there that share at least one of those concerns with me. Sure there are the extremists that I thought most people ignored but I think you are maybe jumping the gun on categorizing people the way you are.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

You're welcome*

:)

As a further point, this tired argument that "we have different opinions therefore both opinions are of equal value" is a nonsense.

I wasn't referring to Funk in particular or anything, as his opinion is fairly predictable just by going and watching the latest Bill O'Reilly clip on youtube. I was referring to the absolutely hysterical partisan nature being displayed by very obviously ignorant right wingers, who know nothing of the issues and are more intent on screaming 'death to Obama' because he's black and not a redneck like them. These people delight in being ignorant.

It's really the same old argument - "Right wing lunatics don't get the issues and wish to bully their ways into being accepted by acting in a verbally or physically aggressive manner - Democrats sit like pussies and get pushed around - Nothing gets achieved - cycle continues on infinite repeat.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Midnyte got really stupid while he was away. Well, more stupid.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Explain to me how I'm misinformed then (hint, I'm not just misinformed because I don't agree with you). A summary of my concerns would be: want government to be as small and out of my life as possible, I don't want to foot the bill for anything for anyone else, and I worry that even if the government were to present themselves as an option they could make theirs much more favorable because they have the law on their side.

I would say there are probably a lot of people out there that share at least one of those concerns with me. Sure there are the extremists that I thought most people ignored but I think you are maybe jumping the gun on categorizing people the way you are.
Wasn't saying that you were misinformed. In fact I'd include you among those who have valid concerns about the health-care issue. I'm talking about the fact that 40-50% of the country believes the myth about death panels. That shows that people definitely aren't ignoring the extremists. You cannot have a reasonable debate about health care when lies like that are being propagated so successfully.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Spang wrote:Midnyte got really stupid while he was away. Well, more stupid.
How can you tell? I can only discern so many shades of stupid.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Xatrei wrote:How can you tell? I can only discern so many shades of stupid.
He used to type in complete sentences.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Keverian FireCry wrote:

Wasn't saying that you were misinformed. In fact I'd include you among those who have valid concerns about the health-care issue. I'm talking about the fact that 40-50% of the country believes the myth about death panels. That shows that people definitely aren't ignoring the extremists. You cannot have a reasonable debate about health care when lies like that are being propagated so successfully.
I was just making sure, and I agree. We've actually got some great examples, as usual, of both extremes in this thread..
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Spang wrote:
You're not worthy.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Fash wrote:
Spang wrote:
You're not worthy.
fanboi
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

:roll:
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Midnyte, back with a whimper (as usual).
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Funk, did you know insurance lobbyists are spending $1.2 million dollars of your medical premiums per day to maintain their profits and position?

I for one will take the chance of a potential cornholing by the govt at some future point to get out from under the current situation. At least at that point there's some measure of accountability.
Nick wrote:...the absolutely hysterical partisan nature being displayed by very obviously ignorant right wingers, who know nothing of the issues and are more intent on screaming 'death to Obama' because he's black and not a redneck like them...
It not even a race issue, he's not "in the club" so to speak, and therefore must be the enemy. The republicans require one and still haven't gotten beyond "We're not democrats!!!!" since the election. When you've only one string on your banjo it's hard to play too many tunes.
Nick wrote:It's really the same old argument - "Right wing lunatics don't get the issues and wish to bully their ways into being accepted by acting in a verbally or physically aggressive manner - Democrats sit like pussies and get pushed around - Nothing gets achieved - cycle continues on infinite repeat.
Pretty much. Obama has the charisma & speaking ability to push something through (I think), but the money behind the scenes isn't going to let it happen.

If it came for a vote I'd go with nearly anything that takes control away from the people in the insurance industry.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I've tried to avoid this thread.. So I'll keep it short: Why does anyone even acknowledge that trolltard? Posting a link every other day with no real comment is pretty weak. It's probably Fash just logging in as him.

Carry on!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Nah that's not it.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

hey guys i heard on glenn beck that barack ohitler wants to kill my parents confirm/deny
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Confirmed. He is a marxist and a nazi and just like G.W. Bush as well. Your family will die for sure, from sickness or war. Best thing for you to do is to heavily arm yourself and attend protests with other heavily armed protesters.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

from working in a healthcare field .. my 2 cents is ...

it needs a dramatic overhaul.

also, the uninsured makes the cost of the private health care that u pay for, more expensive

peace!!
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Friend of mine sent me an e-mail with this in it. It is really worth a read. Written so even people slightly retarded can understand it ( with pictures! )
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

just got back from a lunch with our Congressman John Carter, a good ole boy from the subburbs of Austin. Terrible terrible terrible. I bit my tongue the whole time as he consistently blamed "them" for all America's problems. My favorite logic went something like this "China is becoming more capitalist, and they're kicking our butt! Why are we becoming more Communist!"

But it was nice to here a DCer's perspective. He said a bill's approval was all but imminent. Only a mass exodus of support from moderate and conservative Dems (are there any?) would kill some sort of reform.

One thing never mentioned during his discussion: 50 million folks would gain medical coverage.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

Gzette wrote:just got back from a lunch with our Congressman John Carter, a good ole boy from the subburbs of Austin. Terrible terrible terrible. I bit my tongue the whole time as he consistently blamed "them" for all America's problems. My favorite logic went something like this "China is becoming more capitalist, and they're kicking our butt! Why are we becoming more Communist!"

But it was nice to here a DCer's perspective. He said a bill's approval was all but imminent. Only a mass exodus of support from moderate and conservative Dems (are there any?) would kill some sort of reform.

One thing never mentioned during his discussion: 50 million folks would gain medical coverage.

because 50 million people getting medical coverage has nothing to do with health care reform, duh. That is why it was not mentioned. /scarcasm off