Ban organised religion

What do you think about the world?
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ban organised religion

Post by Zaelath »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7926694.stm
A Brazilian archbishop says all those who helped a child rape victim secure an abortion are to be excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

The girl, aged nine, who lives in the north-eastern state of Pernambuco, became pregnant with twins.
So sick of this level of stupid being tolerated. Feel free to pray to whatever imaginary friend you want, but no one should have "power" based on it.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Re: Ban organised religion

Post by Kaldaur »

/irony on

Jesus Christ.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Infuriating... those hypocritical fucks need to get bent over.
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

god ... i swear, religion needs to be abolished .. its soooo outdated ...
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Good luck with that.
- Ash
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Vatican defends Brazil excommunication

A senior Vatican cleric has defended the excommunication of the mother and doctors of a nine-year-old girl who had an abortion in Brazil after being raped.

Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re, head of the Catholic church's Congregation for Bishops, told the daily La Stampa on Saturday that the twins the girl had been carrying had a right to live.

"It is a sad case but the real problem is that the twins conceived were two innocent persons, who had the right to live and could not be eliminated," he said.

Re, who also heads the Pontifical Commission for Latin America, added: "Life must always be protected, the attack on the Brazilian church is unjustified."

The row was triggered by the termination on Wednesday of twin foetuses carried by a nine-year-old allegedly raped by her stepfather in the Brazilian state of Pernambuco.

The regional archbishop, Jose Cardoso Sobrinho, pronounced excommunication for the mother for authorising the operation and doctors who carried it out for fear that the slim girl would not survive carrying the foetuses to term.

"God's law is above any human law. So when a human law ... is contrary to God's law, this human law has no value," Cardoso had said.

He also said the accused stepfather would not be expelled from the church. Although the man allegedly committed "a heinous crime ... the abortion - the elimination of an innocent life - was more serious".

Battista Re agreed, saying: "Excommunication for those who carried out the abortion is just" as a pregnancy termination always meant ending an innocent life.

The case has sparked fierce debate in Brazil, where abortion is illegal except in cases of rape or if the woman's health is in danger.

On Friday, President Luiz Ignacio Lula da Silva hit out at Sobrinho's decision, saying: "As a Christian and a Catholic, I deeply regret that a bishop of the Catholic church has such a conservative attitude."

"The doctors did what had to be done: save the life of a girl of nine years old," he said, adding that "in this case, the medical profession was more right than the church."

One of the doctors involved in the abortion, Rivaldo Albuquerque, told Globo television that he would keep going to mass, regardless of the archbishop's order.

"The people want a church full of forgiveness, love and mercy," he said.

Health Minister Jose Gomes Temporao also slammed the archbishop.

"Two things strike me: the assault on the girl and the position of this bishop, which is truly lamentable," he said.

The girl, who was not identified because she is a minor, was last week found to be four months' pregnant after being taken to hospital suffering stomach pains.

Officials said she told them she had suffered sexual abuse by her stepfather since the age of six.

Police said the 23-year-old stepfather also allegedly sexually abused the girl's physically handicapped 14-year-old sister.

He was arrested a week ago and is being kept in protective custody. If convicted, he faces up to 15 years in prison.

The website of the news group Globo reported that another girl, aged 11, had been found to be seven months pregnant following alleged sexual abuse at the hands of her adoptive father.

The girl has said she does not intend to seek an abortion, according to reports.
The Source

Also, fuck religion.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

ok this is gonna be kinda oddball-ish .. but couldnt you tell them that they are wrong, and that live is a privilege not a right?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Just to verify, liberals think it is ok to kill unborn children, but people that murder should be given a pass so they can rehabilitate?

Doesn't this seem backwards to you at all?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

it is ok to kill unborn children
You value the lives of two unborn fetuses more than the life of a living, breathing person?

people that murder should be given a pass so they can rehabilitate
You equate being forcibly institutionalized with being given a 'free pass'.

That seems pretty fucking backwards to me.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The number of Americans who claim no religion is rising. There is no need to ban it. Eventually, we will evolve and lose it on our own. It just takes time.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD96Q9FE00
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Just to verify, liberals think it is ok to kill unborn children...
Speaking on behalf of myself, I think it's OK for a woman to choose to be pro-life or pro-choice. If abortions were illegal, they would still happen, but they would be far more dangerous. That's basically the only reason abortion continues to be legal.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote: If abortions were illegal, they would still happen, but they would be far more dangerous. That's basically the only reason abortion continues to be legal.

I happen to agree with this. My issue is with the peacenik people living in fairy world that think it is ok to kill an unborn child, yet think we shoudl allow people who CHOSE to kill others to remain alive on this planet. What is keeping those people from killing other inmates who may be there for not being lifelong violent offenders?
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
Spang wrote: If abortions were illegal, they would still happen, but they would be far more dangerous. That's basically the only reason abortion continues to be legal.

I happen to agree with this. My issue is with the peacenik people living in fairy world that think it is ok to kill an unborn child, yet think we shoudl allow people who CHOSE to kill others to remain alive on this planet. What is keeping those people from killing other inmates who may be there for not being lifelong violent offenders?
I think most people's issues with capital punishment come from the lack of an absolute proof of guilt for the accused. Sure, our justice system is pretty good, but it does have some flaws and convictions are not always 100% right. There have been instances (recently) where a convicted killer who has already been executed has had their name cleared years later.

This type of resistance will always be present until we can find a way to greatly reduce or eliminate that chance of error. Once we do that, I don't think many people will have a problem with people who commit the ultimate atrocity paying the ultimate price.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Just to verify, liberals think it is ok to kill unborn children, but people that murder should be given a pass so they can rehabilitate?

Doesn't this seem backwards to you at all?

i fully support the death penalty and im a liberal =-P
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Thank God for Drasta then. Maybe we can use stem cell research to cure the rest of the libs!
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

lmao .. i'll suprize you even more .. i believe in the "Eye for an eye" thing ... like with this http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/02/ ... ck.victim/ i think our legal system for punishment should adopt this ... haha im one of those crazy liberals =-P but i also think the govt should sell pot and tax it so they can use the $$ for that to pay for healthcare ... and also it would remove some of the drug dealers from the US due to the govt sellin one of the big drugs
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The number of Americans who claim no religion is rising. There is no need to ban it. Eventually, we will evolve and lose it on our own. It just takes time.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD96Q9FE00

Much like the nuclear arms race, it's a question of whether religion destroys the human race before enough of the world population wakes up from the nightmare.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:

At the same time people who say they value life want to kill people for their crimes before they have a chance to repent (if they are going to do so at all).

The argument works both ways...

If one is to be pro-life then they should be that, that also means being against the death penalty.

Marb
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Hey marb! Don't expect Kilmoll to listen to even the most basic of logic, he's hystrionically retarded.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Great word choice. Keep it up!!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:Great word choice. Keep it up!!
If by "Great word choice" you mean "that word doesn't make sense in the context you used it in", I totally agree!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Marbus wrote: If one is to be pro-life then they should be that, that also means being against the death penalty.

Marb

You do understand that the pro-abortion party is the one generally against the death penalty?

How does one repenting take away the facts that they have killed? Whether they repent or not, they need to meet Jesus face to face.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

the pro-abortion party
LOL, pro-abortion.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

With religion quickly losing ground, priests are going into HASTENED AFTERLIFE MODE!!!
Parishioner Angela Thomas tended to the wounded, including a man pinned under the car. She says the priest told her the accelerator just went.
This calls for a PWD - praying while driving - with a minimum sentence of kissing Hank's ass for a lifetime.