Fuck the police and the "justice" system

What do you think about the world?
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Fuck the police and the "justice" system

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

So the police are trying to put my little brother in jail for 15 years for supposedly setting up a robbery at our own house...it happened on the day my son was born, November 6, 2008. Why do they think he did it? Well, because the people who actually did rob the place told them that Lucas (my brother) said to go in and steal my step-father's guitars while everyone was gone. What really happened is one of the boys involved had called my mom while she was here with me and she let it slip that everyone was out of the house for the weekend.

It so fucking retarded. The two boys who robbed us used to be friends with my brother until they got hooked on Oxycontin and other hard drugs. In fact, both of them have lived with us at one point when they had nowhere else to go. My family has shown nothing but kindness to them, and yet they do something like this. My father's guitars mean the world to him. Most of them are irreplaceable, one was custom made in the 70s for him, one was a father's day gift picked out by his daughter, one was custom made with his inheritance from his mother and painted in such a way that everything on it reminded him of something in her life...and my brother knows this and would never do anything to put that in jeopardy. In fact, when it was found out that they were stolen, he was nearly as broken up as my father just seeing him in that state.

I know I am rambling, but it just seems fucked up that the police are willing to believe 2 jobless drug addicts over my family and my brother who has a job, recently got his GED, and is preparing to start college in the spring. Oh, and to top it all off, they aren't even charging one of the boys because "he did not know they were stolen, and was just helping to sell them." That is bullshit because as I said, he used to live with us. He knew those guitars were my father's, and not my brother's. And I am damn near positive that he was not only involved with the robbery, but was the driver. The boy that is being charged does not have a car, but the one who isn't has a blazer, which just happens to be big enough to fit 7 guitars (would need a pretty large car to fit them without causing serious damage to the guitars, so an SUV was most likely needed).

Guess that is what happens when you live in a town full of crooked cops and drugged out losers. When I was going through high school it wasn't so bad. In fact, it was a great place to live. Sure, people smoked a little pot, and I knew a couple of people who were in to coke, but the place is saturated with OC, coke, and meth now. A lot can change in 3 years. The fucking cops even know who the drug dealers are and where they live, but mysteriously they never get busted (considering the only really big drug dealer in the area was already paying off cops when I was going to school there, I'm guessing they have expanded their cash cow to include a few other people).

Gah, ok I am done. Sorry if it is hard to read, but my mind is racing so fast right now that I can barely think, if that makes sense. Oh, and if you hadn't noticed from earlier in the post, I am a father of a beautiful 11 day old baby boy. I will post a more upbeat, happy thread later with a bunch of pictures.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: Fuck the police and the "justice" system

Post by Siji »

Lawyer. Quickly.

Hope everything works out. Really hope he gets the guitars back somehow.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I would immediately file suit with the police department. I can't see how they can justify any probable cause against your brother, so if they arrested him - that's a big fuck up.

At the very least, go talk to the public defender.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

The police already have the guitars in their possession, one guy tried to sell 5 of them to a guitar shop that my father had been to with pictures of the stolen ones, and the other 2 were somehow obtained from a woman who was also trying to sell them. She is going to be a witness for the guys that broke in it seems, as she is saying that my brother came to her house and set up the sale...but no one those kids associate with can be trusted and they will not say who she is, or when my brother was supposedly there (if they would just tell us when it was, he could probably prove that he was somewhere else).

Oh, and he has a lawyer. Had to shell out $2500 to get him, but he is one of the best in the area. It just sucks that our house gets broken into and now WE have to pay to defend him when there is no proof past the word of some drug heads and some woman who was trying to sell the stolen guitars.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I'm going to stop short of saying don't sweat it. Felony charges are serious business. But if your story is true I think a jury would see the testimony of your mother on a high eschelon than that of a drugged out accomplice. The lawyer will know what to do most likely, though from the experience of my friends, $2,500 is REALLY FUCKING CHEAP for a criminal trial lawyer and generally not a good sign if you asked me. At least two of my friends have spent about that and more for a DWI lawyer. Granted this is in Austin, TX and not shit-fuck Alabama. This lawyer needs to be tenacious to the point that charges are straight up dropped prior to trial.

On the bright side, if it leads to prosecution, and he's found innocent, you can file a civil suit for wrongful prosecution and maybe make those crooked cops/DAs office pay lawyers expenses plus damages. But all that depends on the skill of the lawyer.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Based on the story I don't really see 'crooked cops' anywhere. Dumb? Sure. But that's about it.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

The crooked cops are the reason this happened in the first place, or at least partially. There are many known OC dealers around here, and my friends and I have come to the conclusion that something has to be up in the order of them paying off the cops. There was a weed \ coke dealer that was around here when I went to school who was able to deal in peace for probably 5 years because he did that. He straight up told me that is how he got away with it. He wasn't shy about it at all. It seems to have escalated in the past few years, and we think the cops must be greedy and added a few new guys when he moved out of town. They KNOW who is selling. Kids have been caught and asked if they were leaving said dealer's houses by laughing cops. OC is freaking evil. It completely changes people.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Based on the story I don't really see 'crooked cops' anywhere. Dumb? Sure. But that's about it.
What a pointless and shitty contribution.

This is a sad state of affairs mate. I really hope it all works out ok. I'm amazed at how ridiculous the Police can be at times. It really underwhelms any belief you may have that the system works. Theoretically it will all get sorted out? Still a lot of ridiculous bullshit though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nick wrote:
What a pointless and shitty contribution.

This is a sad state of affairs mate. I really hope it all works out ok. I'm amazed at how ridiculous the Police can be at times. It really underwhelms any belief you may have that the system works. Theoretically it will all get sorted out? Still a lot of ridiculous bullshit though.
And yours wins a fucking pulitzer prize? Yeah I thought so.

Again. There's nothing here that says "crooked cops" other than speculation.

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yes I suppose being an anal retentive is a positive human trait.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Shouldn't you be off burning something at an anti-American rally?

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

hurf durf anti americanism fresh joke.

Any update on whats actually going to happen here then? Surely the police can't really do very much unless they have some evidence other than hearsay?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Nick wrote:It really underwhelms any belief you may have that the system works.
I think the word you're looking for is undermine?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

She was underwhelmed if that's a word
I know it's not 'cause I looked it up
It's one of those skills that I learned in my school

I was overwhelmed and I'm sure of that one
'Cause I learned it back in grade schoo-oool
When I was youu-uuu-ung...
*drums*

I love that song.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Well, good news. My step-father called the DA and found out that the cop had not finished the warrant yet, and in his report he only included that he was suspected in a robbery, not how he was connected. My step-father explained the whole situation and the DA said that he found no evidence to support a warrant, and that the woman who was receiving stolen goods definitely was not a credible witness. So, my brother is off and only out $2500. Oh, and $2500 is pretty high for the area. He is one of the best in the area and that is his normal fee. Could get a decent lawyer for $1500 or so, or maybe even as low as $1000. He just wanted to make sure he was safe.

Now we just are just waiting so my step-dad can get his guitars back and hoping that the guy who is being charged actually goes to jail.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Great to hear, Asheran, glad you guys were spared any more grief over the situation.