What do you think about the world?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Midnyte leaves VV...again

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

For good this time.

I have some changes I need to make in my life. I've got a few bad habits that I need to quit. I'm quitting smoking today. Been building up my Wellbutrin levels for a couple weeks and today is my quit day. I've done it for 2 1/2 years before, but I'm quitting for good this time. Another bad habit is this board. I don't deserve to have to read personal attacks against my children. I can take them against me, but bringing my kids into it, shows the frauds for who they really are. I don't have the energy to fight the fight against the much more audible majority of libs. I tried for a long fucking time, but alas they have won. Enjoy the election season and whatever else the boards holds for you guys.

I won't be reading the boards. If you wish to contact me you can reach me at gmarotto@hotmail.com.

I wish you and your families the best. Yes, all of you.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Midnyte leaves VV...again

Post by Truant »

Best of luck to you with your new changes.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Liberals win again whooo!

Drama queen.. Take Funk with you please.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Nick too.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Thanks you for quitting.

Don't forget to kill yourself.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Whatever. See you soon, cupcake.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

See yah Mid.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Later Mid, can't say that I ever really agreed with ya, but sad to see another frequent poster go. I guess I am in the minority on this, but I can't say I ever wanted to see anyone leave, especially one who is so opinionated. I know in most cases that opinion was ill informed, but it made for the occassional interesting read. It is going to get real boring here if all the posts are...."Yeah what he said" posts. People like Nick, Funk, and Winnow may drive some of you crazy, but personally I enjoy the lunacy at times, and when I don't I just ignore the post.

I also think some of the comments made about his kids were a little harsh. I know this is Veeshan Vault and all, and we are supposed to understand it is over the top, but it was a little over the line, intended or not.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Don't run away. Thats childish. Be an adult and face your accusers. Defend yourself, defend your family. Defeat is not an option, lest you want to become a democrat. You know who cuts and runs? Democrats and Liberals. That's what you would become if you run away.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Yeah right... :roll:
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Not current events worthy. Who cares.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Xyun wrote:Don't run away. Thats childish. Be an adult and face your accusers. Defend yourself, defend your family. Defeat is not an option, lest you want to become a democrat. You know who cuts and runs? Democrats and Liberals. That's what you would become if you run away.
Hehe...

Anyway Mid, good luck with quitting smoking.
I quit at the beginning of the summer.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Xyun wrote:Don't run away. Thats childish. Be an adult and face your accusers. Defend yourself, defend your family. Defeat is not an option, lest you want to become a democrat. You know who cuts and runs? Democrats and Liberals. That's what you would become if you run away.
Don't forget the French....

/wave Miir
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I understand what you're saying. Good luck in life.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

And was actually starting to enjoy some of his posts. Not all, some.

Condolences Lebowski! Condolences!
Take care Mid.
en kærlighed småkager
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

This post was made by Midnyte_Ragebringer who is currently on your ignore list.
Did someone say something?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Siji wrote:
This post was made by Midnyte_Ragebringer who is currently on your ignore list.
I understand mid, some of the most worthless people I have ever encountered in my life post here on a day to day basis, and the funniest (and most frustrating at times) part about it is they actually think they are right most of the time.

Siji - It was funny the first time someone made a post like that about someone on their ignore list, and it stopped being funny a long time ago. Then again, you always try and make snide smart ass remarks and you generally end up looking like a fucking idiot (which you are), so it's probably pointless to even address you.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

This post was made by Funkmasterr who is currently on your ignore list.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:roll:

Acting like a child is hilarious.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hope the changes you are making go well.

Most of the time I post here as kind of a ongoing journal type thing. I think it will be interesting to browse through the threads in 5-10 years although at some point the whole history of VV might vanish as it almost did during the phpBB 3.0 conversion when a bunch of posts were lost.

I'm sure Fash will keep you updated concerning anything going on here that's noteworthy.

Take care Mid.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Siji wrote:
How the fuck can you ignore him?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Siji wrote:
How the fuck can you ignore him?
He can't, and neither can you, fuckhead. And I couldn't be happier about it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm glad you're happy. :D
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

That raises an interesting point. Most of the moderators around here don't really do anything, barring Winnow and Noel in Comics. I think I'm going to go clean up a bit, remove any mods that haven't done anything in their forums in the last couple months. Shake things up a bit.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:That raises an interesting point. Most of the moderators around here don't really do anything, barring Winnow and Noel in Comics. I think I'm going to go clean up a bit, remove any mods that haven't done anything in their forums in the last couple months. Shake things up a bit.
Sweet, now everyone can ignore me and you guys can have one sided conversations in peace...

It's funny that you think this is something that deserves your attention, and someone calling another fat deserves your attention, or cart attacking your manhood (assuming that's possible) deserves your attention, but vicious personal attacks on people and their families that were absolutely not made jokingly are ok with you. Fucking pathetic.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

DOES OOGY HAS A MESSY DIAPER??????
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr needs a tissue.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Why do you think this has anything to do with you? It just reminded me that people weren't living up to their responsibilities as moderators, which was to foster discussion in most cases, or to do minor administrative work in others. I just removed moderator access for like 15 or 20 people. Don't flatter yourself.

Go Blue!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Spang wrote:Funkmasterr needs a tissue.
A sad tissue or a happy tissue?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I was skimming this thread when I read this:
Funkmasterr wrote:It's funny that you think this is something that deserves your attention.
but I read it as:
It's funny that you think this is something that deserves attention.
and I assumed it was Funk responding to Mid's idiotic lead-in, but then I re-read it and realized it was just Funk being Funk.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

And, moving on to your second part...
Funkmasterr wrote:It's funny that you think this is something that deserves your attention, and someone calling another fat deserves your attention, or cart attacking your manhood (assuming that's possible) deserves your attention, but vicious personal attacks on people and their families that were absolutely not made jokingly are ok with you. Fucking pathetic.
As far as what I concern myself with, you've got my priorities all wrong. I don't give a shit what any of you say to each other, and I never have. One person was banned for being a worthless troll, in violation of several of the board's rules, to the point that the majority of this board on separate occasions spanning several years wanted him gone. It wasn't because he called anyone fat or insulted my admittedly enormous manhood. He was hurting this place, so I moved to help cure that.

The moderators were removed because they were unnecessary. I just took a quick look, you hadn't done anything with your abilities in several months, there hadn't been a post in your forum in 10 days, and most of your moderator powers were used by accident when you'd edit a post instead of hitting quote. Why do you need mod access, other than for status? Do something to deserve it, and I'll happily give it back. The same goes for anyone else that I removed it for. I kept mod access for like 5 people, in forums where people posting links to pirated materials or spoilers could use the extra eyes, and for Winnow and Noel who actively post in their forums and have been pretty responsible and diligent about being mods.

Go Blue!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Thank jebus. That cocksucker is finally on ignore, and it feels so right!

By the way, where were the vicious personal attacks on Midnyte's family? I may have missed them.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Sylvus wrote:That raises an interesting point. Most of the moderators around here don't really do anything, barring Winnow and Noel in Comics. I think I'm going to go clean up a bit, remove any mods that haven't done anything in their forums in the last couple months. Shake things up a bit.
Sweet, now everyone can ignore me and you guys can have one sided conversations in peace...

It's funny that you think this is something that deserves your attention, and someone calling another fat deserves your attention, or cart attacking your manhood (assuming that's possible) deserves your attention, but vicious personal attacks on people and their families that were absolutely not made jokingly are ok with you. Fucking pathetic.

So you're allowed to ignore other people, but people shouldn't be allowed to ignore you?

Or maybe the problem is that if people ignore you, you won't get the attention you so badly need.

I really think you might want to consider therapy. You're not leading a healthy lifestyle, Funk. It's pretty sad.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

He will be back about a week before the November elections. Thats my prediction, anyhow.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Xatrei wrote:Thank jebus. That cocksucker is finally on ignore, and it feels so right!

By the way, where were the vicious personal attacks on Midnyte's family? I may have missed them.
Several people made coments about him molesting his children, hoped Funk's parents died in fires and there was something about Mid's whole family being killed that I cannot remember. Obviously they were not serious, but Jesus that is a lot of anger over someone's typed opinion. I thought this was supposed to be a board with thick skinned people, but if someone can upset you to the point that you are making those implications and threats then you need to evaluate your values. He is allowed his opinion, stupid or not. You have the right to dispute him, but the e-bullying crap is a little old. There is a fine line between personal attacks and heated discussions and several people probably crossed it.

No one seems to care though since it was Mid, but it will get boring if we just all start spewing the same shit.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I agree with Tyek on this one......since he is me with a spelling error
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Tyek wrote:
Xatrei wrote:Thank jebus. That cocksucker is finally on ignore, and it feels so right!

Several people made coments about him molesting his children, hoped Funk's parents died in fires and there was something about Mid's whole family being killed that I cannot remember. Obviously they were not serious, but Jesus that is a lot of anger over someone's typed opinion. I thought this was supposed to be a board with thick skinned people, but if someone can upset you to the point that you are making those implications and threats then you need to evaluate your values. He is allowed his opinion, stupid or not. You have the right to dispute him, but the e-bullying crap is a little old. There is a fine line between personal attacks and heated discussions and several people probably crossed it.

No one seems to care though since it was Mid, but it will get boring if we just all start spewing the same shit.

Actually, it began with someone making an analogy between the Exxon oil spill, and what would Mid's thoughts be if it lead to the death of one of his children (since he was so nihilistic about it).

Then he emoraged about how unacceptable analogies are, especially when they involve his family, and Funk stepped in to defend him, so people started trolling them by making jokes about their families dieing - since they made such a big deal out of it to begin with.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Tyek wrote:Several people made coments about him molesting his children, hoped Funk's parents died in fires and there was something about Mid's whole family being killed that I cannot remember.
I would not and never have made insults about someone's family as I personally think that's a bit much and I've defended Midnyte when people put him down for his employment - but seriously, if this sort of stuff gets to you or him - the ignore feature works (even better now!). There may be a few people on this board that are psychotic enough to worry about, but I bet overall nobody here really wants someone on the board or their family to die IRL.

I hope Midnyte beats smoking, stays employed, keeps his home, raises healthy kids and dies of old age during sex.. I still think his opinions are fucked, but best of luck to him. There are worse people in the world.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

I don't use the ignore function, never saw a need. I always felt like if someone wants to make an ass out of themselves, then I might as well enjoy the moment.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bagar- wrote:
Then he emoraged about how unacceptable analogies are
I had to look that word up.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I remember getting upset once when someone sent me the link about Bonsai Kittens. I was all outraged and then they showed me that it was a joke site and I felt kind of embarrased. From that time on I have not let anything truly upset me that I have seen on the web because I didn't want to feel that way again. I believe I have only had one slip up since that time and that was due to a post by Nick about something that I have already forgotten. (gratz Nick :) )

So for me it is fun to watch people get all irrate about things posted here. It is sad to see the level hate dispensed but these boards have never been for the meek at heart. So, Mid I hope you do well with what you are trying to accomplish and I hope I see you back here. I will second Jice's prediction.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I don't know where I'm going
But I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An' I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time
But here I go again
Here I go again

Tho' I keep searching for an answer I never seem to find what I'm looking for,
Oh Lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on
Cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An' here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An' I've made up my mind

I'm just another heart in need of rescue
Waiting on love's sweet charity
An' I'm gonna hold on
For the rest of my days
Cause I know what it means

An' I've made up my mind
An' here I go again
Here I go again
Here I go again
Here I go again
Here I go again

An' I've made up my mind

Cos I know what it means

An' I've made up my mind
Here I go again...
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

So does that mean that Midnyte is David Coverdale and Funk is Tawny Kitaen? Or is it the other way around?

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I will never think of Tawny Kitaen while masturbating ever again.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I hate you Masteen. That is the SECOND Whitesnake song stuck in my head in 3 days. I never even liked them.

Guess the other one. Go on, guess!!
en kærlighed småkager
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Still of the Night
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:And, moving on to your second part...
Funkmasterr wrote:It's funny that you think this is something that deserves your attention, and someone calling another fat deserves your attention, or cart attacking your manhood (assuming that's possible) deserves your attention, but vicious personal attacks on people and their families that were absolutely not made jokingly are ok with you. Fucking pathetic.
As far as what I concern myself with, you've got my priorities all wrong. I don't give a shit what any of you say to each other, and I never have. One person was banned for being a worthless troll, in violation of several of the board's rules, to the point that the majority of this board on separate occasions spanning several years wanted him gone. It wasn't because he called anyone fat or insulted my admittedly enormous manhood. He was hurting this place, so I moved to help cure that.

The moderators were removed because they were unnecessary. I just took a quick look, you hadn't done anything with your abilities in several months, there hadn't been a post in your forum in 10 days, and most of your moderator powers were used by accident when you'd edit a post instead of hitting quote. Why do you need mod access, other than for status? Do something to deserve it, and I'll happily give it back. The same goes for anyone else that I removed it for. I kept mod access for like 5 people, in forums where people posting links to pirated materials or spoilers could use the extra eyes, and for Winnow and Noel who actively post in their forums and have been pretty responsible and diligent about being mods.
I don't give a fuck about you or your priorities. With mid gone (supposedly), fash posting little (I'm sure cause he's sick of the shit here, but I don't know), nosy not seeming to post much at all, and now my mod privileges gone so people can ignore me, you took the last piece out of the puzzle - now this board will fill up with one sided bullshit conversations - man will that be fun.

Point isn't whether you intended to do it or not, the point is we should be actively promoting things that keep this board interesting (conflict), and not just when it's something you want (or anyone else) personally wants to read.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So.. It's ok if people have the ability to ignore others... Just not you? roflcopter. Where's your tinfoil hat? Yeah it's all a big conspiracy against you. Obsess much?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:So.. It's ok if people have the ability to ignore others... Just not you? roflcopter. Where's your tinfoil hat? Yeah it's all a big conspiracy against you. Obsess much?
Where did I say it was a conspiracy against me in particular, or a conspiracy period? It's funnier to me every time you can't comprehend a simple, concise post.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

--