Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Obama is not a flip flopper

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

He is a blantant liar.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347690,00.html
Something happens to Democrats on the gun issue when they run for president. For John Kerry during 2004, it was awkwardly posing in brand new hunting gear at a seemingly endless series of hunting photo-ops.

But in what will probably be the most improbable change, the Politico reported on Saturday that Barack Obama was making a big play for gun votes in Pennsylvania. It is not particularly surprising that this change is occurring with the crucial Pennsylvania primary soon approaching.

With about one million of the country’s 12.5 million hunters, Pennsylvania is number one in the nation in the amount of time its citizens spend hunting. With about 600,000 people with permits to carry concealed handguns, Pennsylvania also has more permit holders than any other state.

Others, such as Jim Kessler, vice president for policy with Third Way, a progressive think tank, view Obama as starting to position himself for the general election.

Obama has consistently supported gun control legislation that came up while he was in the Illinois state legislature and the U.S. Senate.

For example, when Obama ran for the Illinois state senate the political group, Independent Voters of Illinois (IVI), asked him if he supported a “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” and he responded “yes.”

Realizing how damaging this could prove in the general election, his presidential campaign “flatly denied” Obama ever held this view, blaming it instead on a staffer from his state senate race.

But then IVI provided Politico the questionnaire with Obama’s own handwritten notes revising another answer. Members of IVI’s board of directors, some of whom have worked on Obama’s past campaigns, told Politico that “I always believed those to be his views, what he really believes in, and he’s tailoring it now to make himself more palatable as a nationwide candidate.”

But the IVI questionnaire isn’t the only one out there.

In 1998, another questionnaire administered by IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test didn’t ask about banning all handguns, but it did find that Obama wanted to “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.”

Indeed, such a ban would outlaw virtually all handguns and the vast majority of rifles sold in the United States.

In addition, from 1998 to 2001, Obama was on the board of directors for the Joyce Foundation, which funded such anti-gun groups as the Violence Policy Center, the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, and Handgun Free America. Both the Violence Policy Center and Handgun Free America, as its name suggests, are in favor of a complete ban on handguns. During his tenure on the board, the Joyce Foundation was probably the major funder of pro-control research in the United States.

In fact, I knew Obama during the mid-1990s, and his answers to IVI’s question on guns fit well with the Obama that I knew. Indeed, the first time I introduced myself to him he said “Oh, you are the gun guy.”

I responded “Yes, I guess so.” He simply responded that “I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns.”

When I said it might be fun to talk about the question sometime and about his support of the city of Chicago’s lawsuit against the gun makers, he simply grimaced and turned away, ending the conversation.

I am guessing that one should not sign their name to a questionaire and then claim they never saw it.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Obama is not a flip flopper

Post by Canelek »

Double thread post, ftl, ya hoser! :P :shock: :lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

never had that happen before!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Turn Hurricane off. :P

Seriously though, I would take foxnews with a grain of salt in this case, just as Mccain attacks from more lefty media outlets. Of course, honesty would be less entertaining, apparently.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fox news only put together links from various other news sources for this one. Which really is the only thing Fox news should ever do.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Effectively he's having to lie about his hatred for guns because rednecks like you still have the vote and he wants to trick some of you into voting for him anyway.

How is this a surprise to anyone? McCain has lied repeatedly in the last year, denying things he's said even when on camera.

Big woop. He's still nowhere near as retarded a candidate as McCain.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

im going shooting at caswells next week
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Don't worry Kilmoll, no one is going to take your guns.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

They may take away my freedoms, but they'll never take away...MY GUNS!!!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xyun wrote:Don't worry Kilmoll, no one is going to take your guns.

only because we are going to vote the lesser of 2 evils into office again
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah because it turned out fucking splendidly the last two times.

And who are the "we" that you are referring to? I surely wont vote for McCain. And I hope the majority of Americans aren't stupid enough to. But with how the 2004 election turned out... Who knows. There are a lot of dumb people out there.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Aslanna wrote:Yeah because it turned out fucking splendidly the last two times.

And who are the "we" that you are referring to? I surely wont vote for McCain. And I hope the majority of Americans aren't stupid enough to. But with how the 2004 election turned out... Who knows. There are a lot of dumb people out there.
haha That's the arrogance I love so much. If Obama wins it because it was just and right. If McCain wins, it's because people are stupid and racist. Wow.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Nah, Aslanna made the comparison to the last 2 elections. Lesser of two evils meaning it is more than likely Kerry would not have fucked us this hard. Hey, Kerry was a douchbag, imo, but it would be hard to find someone that would fuck up as bad as GW. Nothing to do with racism, at least on that front. "Lesser of Two Evils" my ass. McCain gives us nothing better than status quo...which kind of sucks since there are some things that need fixing to bring us back to where we need to be in a fiscal as well as international sense.
en kærlighed småkager
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Yeah because it turned out fucking splendidly the last two times.

haha That's the arrogance I love so much. If Obama wins it because it was just and right. If McCain wins, it's because people are stupid and racist. Wow.
It's not arrogance to realise 50% of people are below average intelligence, it's simple maths.

As for "just and right" again, you're talking in the religious terms of the right that you embrace. The middle and the left aren't all superstitious mouth breathers.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

These are the same bullshit distraction tactics the Neocons pulled to get Doofus in office a second time, I'm sure the retard right will fall for it again.

THAT NIGRA'S COMIN FER YER GUNS AND HE'S BRANGIN TEH GAY WITH HIM!!!1!!1!!one1!!!!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

THAT NIGRA'S COMIN FER YER GUNS AND HE'S BRANGIN TEH GAY WITH HIM!!!1!!1!!one1!!!!

Holy fucking lol! :lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

You lost me at http://www.foxnews...

FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGE.. oh wait..