Canadians losing their heads...

What do you think about the world?
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Canadians losing their heads...

Post by valryte »

WINNIPEG, Manitoba - A traveler aboard a Greyhound bus repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated his seat mate, pausing during the savage attack in central Canada to display the head to passengers who had fled in horror, witnesses said Thursday.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25949218/
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Re: Canadians losing their heads...

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Yeah, I read about that one earlier today. That's awful.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Just read that a few minutes ago. Wow. I am not really sure what to make of that. I had seen some wacky people going from Philly to AC, but...wow

Think I will make that my first and last greyhound trip.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

And the passengers just watch the attack and run away......

Seriously...what the fuck is wrong with people where they do not feel a need to help someone that is being murdered?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:And the passengers just watch the attack and run away......

Seriously...what the fuck is wrong with people where they do not feel a need to help someone that is being murdered?
Did you even read the article?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:And the passengers just watch the attack and run away......

Did you even read the article?
I did, and Kilmoll is right... Stopping the guy from getting out of the door or driving away after the victims head was almost off of his body is not "doing something about it". Did you even read the article?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Here's some quotes from a Canadain news source:
"It was a blood-curdling scream," he said. "I turned around and the guy sitting right [behind] me was standing up and stabbing another guy with a big Rambo knife ... Right in the throat. Repeatedly."
Mr. Caton, who served five years in the Canadian Forces and was closest to the attacker, paused before leaving, torn momentarily between concern for his own safety and the thought of abandoning the bleeding victim. He turned to another man nearby and asked for his help.

"I said, 'Give me a hand and let's get this guy.' And the other guy took off," he said.

It was only moments later that the victim's screams went silent. Mr. Caton knew he was too late.

Mr. Caton jumped off the bus, and was met by a trucker who had stopped after seeing the commotion. The trucker grabbed a crowbar and Mr. Caton got a hammer and they tried to contain the attacker on the bus. The attacker swung his knife at them through the partially closed bus door.

So tough guy.. what would you do if you woke up on a bus to hear the screams of a stranger being stabbed by a psycho with a hunting knife? I seriously fucking doubt your first reaction would be to rush the guy with the knife.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Here's some quotes from a Canadain news source:
"It was a blood-curdling scream," he said. "I turned around and the guy sitting right [behind] me was standing up and stabbing another guy with a big Rambo knife ... Right in the throat. Repeatedly."
Mr. Caton, who served five years in the Canadian Forces and was closest to the attacker, paused before leaving, torn momentarily between concern for his own safety and the thought of abandoning the bleeding victim. He turned to another man nearby and asked for his help.

"I said, 'Give me a hand and let's get this guy.' And the other guy took off," he said.

It was only moments later that the victim's screams went silent. Mr. Caton knew he was too late.

Mr. Caton jumped off the bus, and was met by a trucker who had stopped after seeing the commotion. The trucker grabbed a crowbar and Mr. Caton got a hammer and they tried to contain the attacker on the bus. The attacker swung his knife at them through the partially closed bus door.

So tough guy.. what would you do if you woke up on a bus to hear the screams of a stranger being stabbed by a psycho with a hunting knife? I seriously fucking doubt your first reaction would be to rush the guy with the knife.
Well, the first problem is that Mr. Caton's training was done by people who think that it's sufficient to have police ride horses around armed with billy sticks.

Secondly, would that have been my initial reaction? I would like to think yes. To be honest, the crazy dude was probably so entranced that he may not have even noticed someone come up behind him. Of course, it isn't Mr. Caton's fault he was the only one on the bus that wasn't a total coward, either.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sorry Miir, gotta agree with Funk here. I'd rush to the aid of someone being stabbed.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Well, the first problem is that Mr. Carton's training was done by people who think that it's sufficient to have police ride horses around armed with billy sticks.
Haha you fucking retard.. you don't even know the difference between the RCMP and the Canadian Army.
And you don't even know the difference between the RCMP dress/parade equipment and their field equipment.

Secondly, would that have been my initial reaction? I would like to think yes. To be honest, the crazy dude was probably so entranced that he may not have even noticed someone come up behind him.
Human nature is self preservation. To say that your initial reaction would be to attack someone who was stabbing a total strange is total fucking rubbish.

Of course, it isn't Mr. Carton's fault he was the only one on the bus that wasn't a total coward, either
I guess you think the passgengers who helped the women, the elderly and the children get off the bus safely are all cowards.

What fucking reality do you live in anyway?

Sorry Miir, gotta agree with Funk here. I'd rush to the aid of someone being stabbed.
What if he was black?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
What if he was black?
I don't see what race has to do with this discussion.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:
Secondly, would that have been my initial reaction? I would like to think yes. To be honest, the crazy dude was probably so entranced that he may not have even noticed someone come up behind him.
Human nature is self preservation. To say that your initial reaction would be to attack someone who was stabbing a total strange is total fucking rubbish.
I've had to disarm attackers, and I sure as hell wouldn't just run away from someone doing this to another person. You talk of "human nature," and I guess yours has had the fight bred out of the natural "fight or flight" reaction.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

Boogahz wrote:
miir wrote:
I've had to disarm attackers, and I sure as hell wouldn't just run away from someone doing this to another person. You talk of "human nature," and I guess yours has had the fight bred out of the natural "fight or flight" reaction.
The first reaction here is shock, the story itself is shocking, nobody performs well under shock. Carton's military experience might have helped him cope with it but typical citizens will just panick and follow base instinct without conscious thought.

It is also quite possible that we would have more victims if they did try to stop him. The brave thing to do would have been to try to stop him, but it wouldn't neccessarily have been the smart thing to do.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Forthe wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
miir wrote:
The first reaction here is shock, the story itself is shocking, nobody performs well under shock. Carton's military experience might have helped him cope with it but typical citizens will just panick and follow base instinct without conscious thought.

It is also quite possible that we would have more victims if they did try to stop him. The brave thing to do would have been to try to stop him, but it wouldn't neccessarily have been the smart thing to do.
yes, because allowing a person to continue to repeatedly stab another in the throat is "smart."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Forthe wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
miir wrote:

yes, because allowing a person to continue to repeatedly stab another in the throat is "smart."
Exactly.

If 2 or 3 guys had gone after this guy immediately there may have been a possibility of saving the guy. I mean for fucks sake, it's a bus full of people against one guy with a KNIFE! Not a gun, not a sword, not a bomb, a knife..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Until you're actually in that situation you don't have any right to criticize the actions of those who were. Of course Funk would step in. Afterall he spits on people just to get in fights. He's the quintessential (internet) tough guy. Rambo personified if you will.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:Until you're actually in that situation you don't have any right to criticize the actions of those who were. Of course Funk would step in. Afterall he spits on people just to get in fights. He's the quintessential (internet) tough guy. Rambo personified if you will.
While I have not had to stop someone from decapitating another person, I have had to stop them from stabbing another person in the torso and arms.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Until you're actually in that situation you don't have any right to criticize the actions of those who were. Of course Funk would step in. Afterall he spits on people just to get in fights. He's the quintessential (internet) tough guy. Rambo personified if you will.
While I have not had to stop someone from decapitating another person, I have had to stop them from stabbing another person in the torso and arms.
Boog lives by the pj's, even the babies conceal knives in their strollers there :(

I have also never been in a near-decapitation situation, I have however been in more than one situation where someone was stabbed.

My best friend got chopped in the chest with a huge meat cleaver and I had to get the dude that was doing it off him before he could chop him again.. The dude was twice my size and really fucking pissed. I'm certainly not trying to portray myself as fucking superman or batman or anything, but helping someone not get killed, whether you know them or not, is the right thing to do..
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I would've been like BAM SMASH and NINJAD him while wearing a ripped T-shirt showing my FUCKING AWESOME pecs and roundhouse kicked his JUNK. Then I would slam 5 MOUNTAIN DEWS rip a phone book in half and bang ALL THE HOT GIRLS NO FATTIES, ok FATTIES TOO! Then the bus would EXPLODE whie this kick ass guitar solo waled.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

Boogahz wrote:
Were you in a position to anticipate the attack? In this situation they were in an environment where this could not be anticipated and occurred behind them.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Forthe wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Were you in a position to anticipate the attack? In this situation they were in an environment where this could not be anticipated and occurred behind them.
Not at all. I was grilling up about 100 burgers at a summer camp when the guy snapped and attacked someone that wasn't even talking to him. I ended up landing on a cactus when I took him down, and they both lived.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You always seem to be grilling up some kind of meat. :?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:You always seem to be grilling up some kind of meat. :?

You haven't actually experienced Texas BBQ, have you? We generally have 75+ people out on my mom's land whenever we have one. The 56lbs of brisket was a special occasion that took days to cook for :P
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

My best friend got chopped in the chest with a huge meat cleaver and I had to get the dude that was doing it off him before he could chop him again.. The dude was twice my size and really fucking pissed. I'm certainly not trying to portray myself as fucking superman or batman or anything, but helping someone not get killed, whether you know them or not, is the right thing to do..

i bet that happened- i doubt youre the kind of person to make shit up because you desperately want to be an authority on a topic of conversation
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

cadalano wrote:

i bet that happened- i doubt youre the kind of person to make shit up because you desperately want to be an authority on a topic of conversation
I wish I was kidding.. It scared the shit out of me at the time. My friends aunt ran a Jamaican restaurant in North Minneapolis, and her boyfriend was the one that managed the place. He started cheating on her and was keep all the money from the register at the end of the night, so she couldn't pay the bills.

We went to get the money from him, and he fucking sneak attacked my friend with the cleaver. He broke through the glass front door and still cut him right down the middle of this chest.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I'm seriously not trying to be a dick here, but is your friend ok?

Taking a single blow to the chest with a meat cleaver could very easily be fatal, or at least cause major permanent damage. Is he doing ok now?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Truant wrote:I'm seriously not trying to be a dick here, but is your friend ok?

Taking a single blow to the chest with a meat cleaver could very easily be fatal, or at least cause major permanent damage. Is he doing ok now?
Luckily the dude had to swing the cleaver through the door (breaking the glass) before it hit my friends chest, so he was ok. Also luckily, the hospital was about a half mile away, so I got him to the ER really fast and they were able to stitch him up and send him home a few days later.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:Here's some quotes from a Canadain news source:

Actually, at the range you are talking about, I would draw my .45 and put 2 shots into his head and call the police and ambulance. Of course I don't figure you Frenchies would ever fight back unless you are throwing awhite flag at him and running like hell. Are you seriously telling me that no one had anything they could swing to take this guy out? A cane, a laptop, luggage, maybe the crowbar or hammer they used to bar the door?
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I think they did a good job by containing the guy on the bus.

Unless someone had a weapon on the bus (and even then), it's hard to judge people in that situation. The guy had a knife and everyone's not trained in hand to hand.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Actually, at the range you are talking about, I would draw my .45 and put 2 shots into his head and call the police and ambulance. Of course I don't figure you Frenchies would ever fight back unless you are throwing awhite flag at him and running like hell. Are you seriously telling me that no one had anything they could swing to take this guy out? A cane, a laptop, luggage, maybe the crowbar or hammer they used to bar the door?
So you would have discharged a firearm on a bus loaded with 40 people eventhough the stabbing victim was already mortally wounded.
I think insuring the safety of the other passengers should take priority over murdering a psychopath.

I'm not sure what the frenchie comment was for other then to show off your complete geographical ignorance of Canada.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I'm not sure what the frenchie comment was for other then to show off your complete geographical ignorance of Canada.
Oh snap!
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I don't bother to learn geograhpical intricacies of 3rd world countries....especially one whose military members are too afraid to take on one guy with a knife.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yea haha, you'd rather discharge a firearm in an enclosed area with 40 panicked people.
Nice to see you care more about murdering a psychopath than helping others.
You're a real hero. :roll:
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

This reminds me of the Chappelle bus hostage routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtqEknAtyQQ
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:Yea haha, you'd rather discharge a firearm in an enclosed area with 40 panicked people.

Bus seating is generally 2 or 3 seats on each side of the aisle. So sicne this guy was a steamate, there would only be TWO people that could conveivable be hit by someone standing in the aisle and shooting this clown in the head. The guy with the big fucking knife sticking out of him and the guy sticking it in him. At 3 feet, I can pretty well assure you I am hitting the right person.

Are you really a moron or do you just like arguing enough to act that stupid?
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Shooting that guy as quickly as possible is the best way to go about helping all those people in that situation.

I think Miir has a deep misunderstanding of how guns work. They aren't grenades.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Bus seating is generally 2 or 3 seats on each side of the aisle.
When was the last time you were on a bus?
So sicne this guy was a steamate, there would only be TWO people that could conveivable be hit by someone standing in the aisle and shooting this clown in the head.
What in the fuck does that even mean?

Discharging a firearm in an enclosed area with 40 panicked people is not heroic... it's reckless.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
miir wrote:Yea haha, you'd rather discharge a firearm in an enclosed area with 40 panicked people.

Bus seating is generally 2 or 3 seats on each side of the aisle. So sicne this guy was a steamate, there would only be TWO people that could conveivable be hit by someone standing in the aisle and shooting this clown in the head. The guy with the big fucking knife sticking out of him and the guy sticking it in him. At 3 feet, I can pretty well assure you I am hitting the right person.

He's just a cannuk. They are a simple igloo living moose hearding people. Are they even alood to own guns eh?
Sick Balls!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

miir wrote:Discharging a firearm in an enclosed area with 40 panicked people is not heroic... it's reckless.
This is a retarded statement. You draw a gun on this guy and everyone else is hitting the floor, or at least clearing a fucking path. It is not INHERENTLY reckless, there are many ways it can go down... If you have a clear shot, what's the problem?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fash wrote:Shooting that guy as quickly as possible is the best way to go about helping all those people in that situation.
In a dark bus.
Passengers are panicking, scrambling down the aise to get out.
Drawing and discharging a firearm does not help the other 40 passengers.

What if someone bumped your arm as you were pulling the trigger?
What if the bus driver had slammed on the brakes as you were about to shoot?
What if the bus swerved on to the shoulder the moment you shot?
What if the psycho turned the knife on you and took your gun?

The victim was likely already dead.
If he wasn't, he would have certainly died from blood loss seeing as they were over 20 minutes from the nearest town.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Gun users are responsible and do not go around firing weapons without taking the needed precautions. Just drawing it is going to change the situation, give people time to move, etc. This isn't the fucking OK Corral, you're not going to draw and fire as quickly as possible.

Please point one at yourself and discharge it immediately.

I think you just like the word 'discharge.'
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Gun users are responsible and do not go around firing weapons without taking the needed precautions. Just drawing it is going to change the situation, give people time to move, etc. This isn't the fucking OK Corral, you're not going to draw and fire as quickly as possible.
Oh there's a HUGE fucking difference between using a firearm at a shooting range or while sport hunting and using one in a high stress situation.

It's really easy for internet tough guys to talk about what they would have done in a situation like this.
The reality is that people who are actually trained to act in situations like this would not have put the other passengers at risk by firing a gun on a crowded bus. They would have made sure to get the other passengers off the bus and out of harm's way first.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I think everyone with a brain realises that bringing out a loaded gun in a bus full of frantic terrified people is a retarded thing to do.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Nick wrote:I think everyone with a brain realises that bringing out a loaded gun in a bus full of frantic terrified people is a retarded thing to do.
yes, because they were all frantic and terrified when the bus left the station...
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:
Bus seating is generally 2 or 3 seats on each side of the aisle.
When was the last time you were on a bus?
Last bus I was on had 2 on one side and 3 on the other.
miir wrote:
So sicne this guy was a steamate, there would only be TWO people that could conveivable be hit by someone standing in the aisle and shooting this clown in the head.
What in the fuck does that even mean?

He means: If you are sitting next to this person and fire at him, one of two people are hit. Him, or the person he is stabbing. There are not 20 people between you and him. You are the one assuming that the person being stabbed is dead, or not worth attempting to save.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:He means: If you are sitting next to this person and fire at him, one of two people are hit. Him, or the person he is stabbing. There are not 20 people between you and him. You are the one assuming that the person being stabbed is dead, or not worth attempting to save.
Awesome.. Shoot the person you're trying to save. Sounds like a good plan!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I still have no idea what a steamate is.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Boog stop. They're only goign to pick apart little parts of everything you say to justify their argument. It's not worth it.....says the guy who falls for it a lot. lol
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir and aslanna should fuck.

seriously.