LA Eartquake

What do you think about the world?
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

LA Eartquake

Post by Xatrei »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25918120/

I was listening to Jim Rome in the car when he interrupted his interviewee to say that they just got a big jolt and his building was swaying around. From all the reports on the news, it sounds like there isn't much damage or many injuries, so that's good news. Hope you guys in that area are well, and your stuff survived unscathed.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Re: LA Eartquake

Post by Tyek »

I am in Colorado for meetings, golf and rafting, but the wife says no damage at home and really any damage around LA was minimal.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If it's really a big one I'll feel it here in Phoenix and then I'll know California is screwed.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I would assume that if midnyte or I lived in L.A. (not that either of us does), that you would hope our house got knocked over and we watched our family die in the collapse before dying ourselves? Just curious.

Outside of that though, it's good to hear that no one seems to have been bothered by it much.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I wouldn't hope for anything bad to happen, no.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Funkmasterr wrote:I would assume that if midnyte or I lived in L.A. (not that either of us does), that you would hope our house got knocked over and we watched our family die in the collapse before dying ourselves? Just curious.

Outside of that though, it's good to hear that no one seems to have been bothered by it much.

If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't really mind. Only i'd prefer your family watched you die. Your family doesn't really annoy me, although for them to be able to stand your pompous, stupidass, they're probably as braindead and rediculous as you are.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Funkmasterr wrote:I would assume that if midnyte or I lived in L.A. (not that either of us does), that you would hope our house got knocked over and we watched our family die in the collapse before dying ourselves? Just curious.

Not really. The times i have tried to appeal to Midnytes sense of feeling to try and put him in a position where it could happen to his family was whenever he had some deeply bizzare idea on how the justice system works, or how the world works.
Doubt we can disagree much on that an earthquake is bad, but unless you or Midnyte start a "this only happens to black people, liberals, criminals, unbelievers, people like me are earthquake free" i would try to appeal to your better selves :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

eart.

hello xag...say hello to nneener for me.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Trias wrote:eart.

hello xag...say hello to nneener for me.
sup, triaf?
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

My brother is taking the bar test this week down in Ontario, Cali (about 5 miles from the epicenter). He had enough time to look up at a few ceiling tiles falling, then think to himself "Oh my God they are going to cancel the test and I won't be able to finish... oh, it's over!"

Apparently a few people were more rattled, but he's been through bigger ones before so now he'll just have to fail/pass on his own.

Hard to believe I'll soon be related to a real lawyer, ugh.
Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Slept right through it.
Sick Balls!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Just saw this, so... Thanks!

All was well. I was actually working in my home office which is on the second floor or our home when it happened. I too was listening to Rome. I started it out just sitting in my office, but when it continued for more than 15 seconds or so, I had the dogs follow me downstairs to a more secure part of our home. On my way down the stairs, I heard a couple of things fall which freaked me out just a little bit cause that hadn't happened in any of my prior quakes (I missed the Northridge quake in the early 90s). <1 second after I got downstairs everything stopped. There were a few aftershocks but nothing major.

Jim eluded to it on his show the following day, but the problem with a quake is you get no warning and even when it starts you don't know how bad it might end up being. Kind of hard to explain to those of you that've never been through one, but anything under 5.0 isn't that bad anything over is exponentially scarier the higher it goes. The initial report was a 5.8, so I was pretty concerned about where the epicenter was and how my wife was.

More concerning for me was that I have friends/family near the epicenter, so I was working to get in touch with them and make sure they were all ok (they were).
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.