Tar baby?

What do you think about the world?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Tar baby?

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Good thing Kerry is a Democrat. If he was a republican he'd have been forced to resign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omnfvzgmXHs
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Tar baby?

Post by Xatrei »

Jesus Christ, you really are getting dumber by the day.

The only clowns that see racism in that expression are the same retards that go apeshit when someone uses the word "niggardly."
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

In contemporary usage, "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional contact. The only way to solve such a situation is by separation.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Spang wrote:
In contemporary usage, "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional contact. The only way to solve such a situation is by separation.

I think that all depends on where you are from.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Tony Snow used the phrase 'tar baby' and didn't have to resign.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Thess wrote:Tony Snow used the phrase 'tar baby' and didn't have to resign.
Ya, but he got what he had coming for saying it, amirite?!

that was my best impression of nick
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

No.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Well then I suppose Kerry should be flogged with a faggot for his indiscretion.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yeah funk he did - oh snap
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Nick wrote:Yeah funk he did - oh snap
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

Good thing Kerry is a Democrat. If he was a republican he'd have been forced to resign.
Good thing most people aren't stupid enough to believe that any word that is similar to the color black or is something that is in the color black when used in any sentence must be some sort of racial slur.
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

valryte wrote:
Good thing most people aren't stupid enough to believe that any word that is similar to the color black or is something that is in the color black when used in any sentence must be some sort of racial slur.
Yeah, let's pretend we're all above the fray. *yuck*
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

valryte wrote:
Except this is, and has been, used as a racial slur.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Context is important. Context is capable of turning the most innocent of words or phrases into an offensive epithet . If he called Condoleezza Rice a tar baby, for example, then I think the world would have justifiably come down upon him. That didn't happen, nor would it ever. He correctly used the phrase within the context of describing John McCain's tendency of late to throw out all kinds of bullshit to see what might stick to his opponent.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xatrei wrote:Context is important. Context is capable of turning the most innocent of words or phrases into an offensive epithet . If he called Condoleezza Rice a tar baby, for example, then I think the world would have justifiably come down upon him. That didn't happen, nor would it ever. He correctly used the phrase within the context of describing John McCain's tendency of late to throw out all kinds of bullshit to see what might stick to his opponent.
Of course he did! No one said otherwise. It posted as a little humorous tidbit. You mother fuckers had to turn it into this literal fucking nonsense.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

What's so goddamn humorous about Kerry saying "tar baby"?

It's no wonder you enjoy shitty movies.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Xatrei wrote:Context is important. Context is capable of turning the most innocent of words or phrases into an offensive epithet . If he called Condoleezza Rice a tar baby, for example, then I think the world would have justifiably come down upon him. That didn't happen, nor would it ever. He correctly used the phrase within the context of describing John McCain's tendency of late to throw out all kinds of bullshit to see what might stick to his opponent.
Of course he did! No one said otherwise. It posted as a little humorous tidbit. You mother fuckers had to turn it into this literal fucking nonsense.

You're a comedic goldmine, Mid. Honestly, I remember the skit George Carlin did about the politician who said a possibly offensive phrase but used it in the correct context and it wasn't offensive at all. That was a great one. Keep it up broski.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Xatrei wrote:Jesus Christ, you really are getting dumber by the day.

The only clowns that see racism in that expression are the same retards that go apeshit when someone uses the word "niggardly."

If you said either phrase in Cincinnati, Jesse Jackson, Rev. Sharpton, the NAACP, and every organization even remotely associated with anyone non-white would be screaming for your head.....and it would not matter what context it was used.
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Awesome.

a) Post possible inflammatory material.
b) Gauge reaction.
i) If people get upset, troll and exacerbate the situation.
ii) If people call bullshit, insist your post was "merely in jest". Insult posters for taking you seriously.
c) Profit.

You're a small man.
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tosh,

All that time spent to be dead wrong. I was in a raid with Miir when I came across it on the net. He knows I was laughing my ass off about it. It's very funny how such a highly visible politican hasn't just deleted a phrase like that from his vocabulary. Yes, he used it in the correct context. We all get that after one listen to the clip. It's still funny to hear someone like that mention such a phrase. You obviously share a different sense of humor than I do, as well as some others. Neato for you. It was blown out of proportion and taken to literaly/ Someof you boring folks must be a real blast to be around. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Toshira wrote:
Awesome.

a) Post possible inflammatory material.
b) Gauge reaction.
i) If people get upset, troll and exacerbate the situation.
ii) If people call bullshit, insist your post was "merely in jest". Insult posters for taking you seriously.
c) Profit.

You're a small man.
Are you implying that midnyte is a gnome? :)
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!