Mass Pot Smoking Protests

What do you think about the world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Mass Pot Smoking Protests

Post by Winnow »

This is exactly what needs to happen every weekend in a different city.

http://planetsave.com/blog/2008/04/22/1 ... rial-hemp/

There needs to be 10's of thousands of pot smokers demonstrating like this together as there's no way the police will make arrests (if it's civil).

Great move. It gets attention. It's time to legalize this shit. All you need to do is read the threads of the clowns working on curing hangovers from drinking too much to know that switching to pot would be an improvement and no worse at minimum. A lot of people have no self control so may as well try and get them to smoke this mellow shit.

10,000 Pot Smokers Have Marijuana Smoke-Out While DEA Says No To Industrial Hemp

Author picture Written by Max Lindberg

Published on April 22nd, 2008

You’ve probably read the story about an estimated 10,000 people gathered on the University of Colorado’s Norlin Quadrangle Sunday, puffing joints till the air turned blue. University police stood by to maintain order, but no one was busted for smoking pot.

In the meantime, the DEA is staunchly defending its policy against American farmers legally growing industrial hemp, citing the law that says all hemp is marijuana.

How’s your war on drugs coming along, anyway, DEA? The sun is shining, and if you’d pull your heads out, you’d see it. Pot is here, lots of it available, if this number of people can show up and get loaded on just one day in one city and no one is arrested.

Where did these pot-heads get their stuff, it surely didn’t come out of a couple of bags, and there was apparently enough to go around to get some 10,000 heads high. How many more smoke-outs were held on April 20th, the annual, internationally recognized celebration of marijuana? How many tons of pot went puff?

Now I’m not in favor of marijuana, primarily because of its affect on the lungs. Pot heads will tell you there’s no danger, but the cigarette companies told us that decades ago, and a lot of us are dying of COPD everyday.

My point here is that while these young people are getting loaded on an illegal drug in public as cops stand by, two farmers in North Dakota are trying desperately to legally grow industrial hemp. Their fight is now in Federal Appeals Court, hoping to overturn a lower court’s decision upholding the DEA’s position.

You can read more about the campaign to legalize industrial hemp cultivation in the U.S. at Vote Hemp.

Farmers in Vermont are ramping up their efforts to the the government to allow farmers there to grow hemp, and other states have passed, or are considering legislation to change the law.

Currently before congress is H.R. 1009, (PDF) the “Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2007″

Why have legal hemp? It’s one of the most useful plants on earth. It’s been cultivated for thousands of years and used for everything from food and medicine to clothing and automobile parts. It’s grown legally in many countries, except in the US, so to take advantage of the many products made from hemp, we must import them.

So what can we do to get the government to change it’s position on hemp? Do you think it will ever change?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Mass Pot Smoking Protests

Post by Leonaerd »

The government's position will change if enough public attention is brought to light of the benefits / realities of pot, and as the people who still adhere to the gimmicky "marijuana is the devil!" 60s propaganda die off. Until that happens, though, SO much money is made off of jailing people for petty criminal charges that there is absolutely no incentive for it to be legalized.

Unless.. It became regulated by the government. That would take a massive amount of paperwork and that means money that the government doesn't want to spend while on its cushy jailing spree. In their eyes, as more people continue to use, there are more people to jail and make money off of.

My roommate from last year dealt pot out of our room, and when he got busted next door (they didn't seek his stash out, thankfully, or they probably would have found mine too) with a pipe and a bowl full, the cops broke the pipe, gave him a possession charge, and made him attend four classes on drug use while on probation for 4-6 months. In all, he paid several hundred dollars. And he didn't even go to jail! The probation was nonsense (he didn't have to drug test or even visit his PO), and the classes were lessons on how to not get caught up in the nasty habits of others. The policy is outdated and retarded. By that point in his life, he would have already given the government thousands upon thousands of legal dollars if the damn drug was regulated.

On an unrelated note, I could not find any pot on 4-20. I haven't smoked in a few months but I figured I'd buy a little bit to celebrate the holidays, but the campus was probably sold out of the stuff by mid-morning.

Here are some pics depicting the most recent reasons why marijuana is illegal.
[Show]
This one's possibly NWS:
[Show]
[Show]
Also..
Now I’m not in favor of marijuana, primarily because of its affect on the lungs. Pot heads will tell you there’s no danger, but the cigarette companies told us that decades ago, and a lot of us are dying of COPD everyday.
Marijuana doesn't need to be smoked, dumbass. There are many alternatives, including baked goods, teas, and quids.
Last edited by Leonaerd on April 23, 2008, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

This country's continued prohibition on cannabis is so foolish and unjustifiable. That's doubly true for industrial hemp, a crop with so many legitimate uses and that was grown in this country for hundreds of years prior to the anti-marijuana hysteria last century. As for the recreational/therapeutic variant, the vast expense associated with anit-marijuana law enforcement, prosecution and corrections has no logical justification.
Leonaerd wrote:
Marijuana doesn't need to be smoked, dumbass. There are many alternatives, including baked goods, teas, and quids
Nothing a good vaporizer can't handle.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Xatrei wrote:This country's continued prohibition on cannabis is so foolish and unjustifiable. That's doubly true for industrial hemp, a crop with so many legitimate uses and that was grown in this country for hundreds of years prior to the anti-marijuana hysteria last century. As for the recreational/therapeutic variant, the vast expense associated with anit-marijuana law enforcement, prosecution and corrections has no logical justification.
Leonaerd wrote:
Marijuana doesn't need to be smoked, dumbass. There are many alternatives, including baked goods, teas, and quids
Nothing a good vaporizer can't handle.
Vapes are nice because of their efficiency (and that the leftover pot shred can be used for tea), but the initial purchase is typically expensive, it's a large piece to carry around / hide, and the taste is unpleasant at best. That's just my opinion though. I know many people that live by their vape.
Last edited by Leonaerd on April 23, 2008, 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I don't really care about the plight of the pothead. Our country has bigger fish to fry right now.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I don't really care about the plight of the pothead. Our country has bigger fish to fry right now.
Yeah, because personal liberties should be shoved on the back shelf until global warming and oil are no longer realities.
Markulas
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Markulas »

My friend was going to go to the pot protest but he ended up losing motivation because he smoked too much pot.
I'm going to live forever or die trying
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

My friend was going to go to the bar with me but he drank too much beforehand and passed out on his own feces in his bathroom.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Leonaerd wrote:My friend was going to go to the bar with me but he drank too much beforehand and passed out on his own feces in his bathroom.
So you're saying you left without Clatis?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I don't really care about the plight of the pothead. Our country has bigger fish to fry right now.
And you don't think the billions spent annually by the Fed, state, and local agencies enforcing drug laws and incarcerating the non-violent offenders could be better spent elsewhere?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

masteen wrote:
And you don't think the billions spent annually by the Fed, state, and local agencies enforcing drug laws and incarcerating the non-violent offenders could be better spent elsewhere?
I'm with you on this one. And it's not only because I'm a pothead, lol.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

I hate pot... makes my head go waaawaaawaaaa.

But, I also believe there is no reason to keep it illegal.

Its non physically addictive, unlike alcholhol. You cannot OD on it, unlike alchohol. Pot heads usually stay at home and bake out on the TV, where as drunks start fights and cause automobile accidents. All in all, compared to that wich is legal, is harmless and as stated prior, taxation revenues could be HUUUUUGE!

Of course Marlboroh would need to change the menthols to a blue pack or something, because Marlboroh Greens would sell like hotcakes at a fat pharm.
Sick Balls!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Noysyrump wrote:I hate pot... makes my head go waaawaaawaaaa.

But, I also believe there is no reason to keep it illegal.

Its non physically addictive, unlike alcholhol. You cannot OD on it, unlike alchohol. Pot heads usually stay at home and bake out on the TV, where as drunks start fights and cause automobile accidents. All in all, compared to that wich is legal, is harmless and as stated prior, taxation revenues could be HUUUUUGE!

Of course Marlboroh would need to change the menthols to a blue pack or something, because Marlboroh Greens would sell like hotcakes at a fat pharm.
Yeah, thats one of the reasons I've heard that legalization will not happen. People seem to think that since it grows so easily, that taxation wouldn't work because everyone would grow it themselves. What people don't take into account is the fact that while marijuana will grow easily on its own, GOOD marijuana is much harder to grow. It takes lots of caring for, and most people would opt to just buy it instead of spending the money on equipment to grown, then spending so much time growing the plants themselves. Of course, I would personally grow it, but I plan on growing lots of stuff after I graduate. I just enjoy growing my own food (and herbs, haha).
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Tobacco grows easily too, if you use a fish. But I never see any smokers grow their own damn tabbaccy.

We are a lazy society. If it's at the store. Why get your own?

When is the last time you chased a chicken off a nest to steal it's eggs for breakfast? Or sliced a chunk off you're pigs arse for bacon? or... heaven forbid, bake bread*.

Actually baking ones own bread is semi-common, Yet 99% of people will never do it.
Sick Balls!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Noysyrump wrote:When is the last time you chased a chicken off a nest to steal it's eggs for breakfast?
I plunder eggs from my mother's chickens almost every weekend ;)
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Good grass needs lots of light to generate fat resinous buds, and even in the summer places north of the Carolinas don't see enough clear days. Not everybody is lucky enough to live in the Sun Belt.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

masteen wrote:Good grass needs lots of light to generate fat resinous buds, and even in the summer places north of the Carolinas don't see enough clear days. Not everybody is lucky enough to live in the Sun Belt.
It needs that plus some.. A good filtration system for nutrients, rich (not sandy) soil, amongst other things.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

People can do a lot of shit for themselves. But they usually opt for the easiest method. I honestly don't see a large majority of people taking up growing their own if it became legal. People can brew their own beer, grow their own tomatoes and raise their own chickens now but you don't see a whole lot of that happening. I dont see this as much different. The only way it would happen is if the taxes or whatever on it made it so costly that it was out of reach of most people that wanted it.

--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Aslanna wrote:People can do a lot of shit for themselves. But they usually opt for the easiest method. I honestly don't see a large majority of people taking up growing their own if it became legal. People can brew their own beer, grow their own tomatoes and raise their own chickens now but you don't see a whole lot of that happening. I dont see this as much different. The only way it would happen is if the taxes or whatever on it made it so costly that it was out of reach of most people that wanted it.
Didnt I just say that? ;)
Sick Balls!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Noysyrump wrote:
Aslanna wrote:People can do a lot of shit for themselves. But they usually opt for the easiest method. I honestly don't see a large majority of people taking up growing their own if it became legal. People can brew their own beer, grow their own tomatoes and raise their own chickens now but you don't see a whole lot of that happening. I dont see this as much different. The only way it would happen is if the taxes or whatever on it made it so costly that it was out of reach of most people that wanted it.
Noone can understand what you type, so I can't really confirm or deny your question.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Truant wrote:
Noysyrump wrote:
Noone can understand what you type, so I can't really confirm or deny your question.
Touché.
Sick Balls!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Noysyrump wrote:

Did you? I don't really read your posts.

--