Obama WILL be the next president

What do you think about the world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: Obama WILL be the next president

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Are you serious? This is a big setback for the NRA and that only means a LOT more of Nugent...which saddens me because I can't stand him. It also means I will be getting 5 e-mails a day from the NRA asking for money instead of the usual 3. That is a loss-loss-loss for me.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

President-elect Barack Obama got Indiana.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

You should not have given them your primary email addy bro!

And I seriously hope that Nugent does not get more publicity than he already has! You may have a point there. I just don't think we will see anything worse than say the Brady Act from Clinton's terms in office. Of course, it is the lobbyists that are the real threat there, as with anything.

I am all in favor of using lobbyists in the great American Literature tradition of "The Most Dangerous Game".
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I expect a federal ban on concealed carry by all except law enforcement put forward to congress in the first year.
- Ash
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

He's got a stranglehold on your inbox bay bay
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Canelek wrote: I just don't think we will see anything worse than say the Brady Act from Clinton's terms in office. Of course, it is the lobbyists that are the real threat there, as with anything.
Here is the problem right now: The Dems have an enormous majority in both houses and an anti-gun President and VP. Biden is the one that WROTE the "asaault rifle" ban. Obama is on record as saying he wants to federally ban concealed carry.

On the flip side, many of the Democrats that are in office in the House and Senate are actually rated highly by the NRA. Most of those ratings came during a time with a GOP White House.....which leads to the question of whether they will stick to their principles when they have an anti-gun administration putting pressure on them to stick to the party line for votes. I am fairly certain we will see that a majority of them will adhere to whatever das commandant wants.

My guess for the next year is that the assault rifle ban gets instituted pretty quickly and is made non-expiring. After that is in place, then I expect them to attempt to institute a gun control law federally that basically echos what is in California. I believe it will be year 3 before they try to eliminate concealed carry federally. Year 4 is when I believe he will look for funding for the national police force.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

You complain about the frothing liberals, but how do you expect anyone to have a serious discussion with you when you make comments like:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:...to whatever das commandant wants.

...Year 4 is when I believe he will look for funding for the national police force.
Seriously get real.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Gzette wrote:He's got a stranglehold on your inbox bay bay
:lol:

----

There will be too much pressure on the administration to deal with the wars and our economy to be able to force domestic agenda such as gun control, imo. Of course, that is just a gut feeling. If there were only a handful of "shall issue" states, it would seem more realistic. And let's not forget about Vermont!
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

noel wrote:You complain about the frothing liberals, but how do you expect anyone to have a serious discussion with you when you make comments like:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:...to whatever das commandant wants.

...Year 4 is when I believe he will look for funding for the national police force.
Seriously get real.
How much more real does it have to be than having come straight out of the mouth of your hero?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Captain America never said that.

This might surprise you, but I'm pretty cognizant of the fact that in the grand scheme of things, Obama hasn't done anything yet. I'm very pleased to see an African-American elected president, but now he has to do the work.

Jumping from national police force to Nazi-ism is cute, but pretty ridiculous. You might have heard of the constitution of the United States of America? It's that document the Bush administration has been trampling all over whenever they see fit. It contains a set of checks and balances that will help reign in Obama if he starts to kick a little too hard... even with a democratic congress.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey man...I am not the one who came up with that shit.....Obama himself said it. You told me to get real for stating that he wanted that....well it is on video and it came from the man himself. What more can I say?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Hey man...I am not the one who came up with that shit.....Obama himself said it. You told me to get real for stating that he wanted that....well it is on video and it came from the man himself. What more can I say?
It was the das commandant in reference to his role within a national police force that I found fairly off-putting.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well too bad then. Suck it up like the righties had to when they made fun of Bush for his colloquialisms and hilljackery.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

If you start from the very beginning of this thread and read all the way through it, it's like a little time capsule. It's pretty entertaining stuff! Thanks to others pointing it out, I can now see that most of our more "passionate" Republican VVers have given up posting on this message board. I wish them the best and hope that Obama's message of unity and fellowship will reach them wherever they are. We'll need everyone's help to fix our current situation and move forward.

I think we're going to see some amazing things happen in the near future. Coming off the heels of the last 8 years, I feel vindicated and rejuvinated.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I am sure we will all live together perfectly in peace, harmony, and country, komrade.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

the quote in question, in context
I won't just ask for your vote as a candidate, I will ask for your service and your active citizenship when I'm president of the United States. This won't be a call issued in one speech or one program. I want this to be a central cause of my presidency. We will ask Americans to serve. We will create new opportunities for Americans to serve...

It also depends on the teacher in East L.A., or the nurse in Appalachia, the after-school working in New Orleans, the Peace Corps volunteer in Africa, the Foreign Service officer in Indonesia...

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set, we've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded...

Just as we teach math and writing, arts and athletics, we need to teach young Americans to take citizenship seriously
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'd like to add the obligatory:

FUCK U HITLER!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Would love to reply to whatever Miir said, but I have him blocked! Wow, it is a better country already!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I am sure we will all live together perfectly in peace, harmony, and country, komrade.
You are still in step 2 of the Kübler-Ross model. You only have 3 more stages to complete. The Hilary supporters had to go through this as well. It's natural and expected.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

miir wrote:the quote in question, in context
I won't just ask for your vote as a candidate, I will ask for your service and your active citizenship when I'm president of the United States. This won't be a call issued in one speech or one program. I want this to be a central cause of my presidency. We will ask Americans to serve. We will create new opportunities for Americans to serve...

It also depends on the teacher in East L.A., or the nurse in Appalachia, the after-school working in New Orleans, the Peace Corps volunteer in Africa, the Foreign Service officer in Indonesia...

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set, we've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded...

Just as we teach math and writing, arts and athletics, we need to teach young Americans to take citizenship seriously
Shocking that Kilmoll is against giving more Americans guns, and potentially making the US citizens more similar to those in Israel.

Edit: And yeah, comparing Obama to HITLER is exactly the same as the comparison's of Bush. I don't have to suck up anything, you're being ridiculous.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That might be the case if I were a normal rational human. Don't forget that I am a bible thumping, white, redneck, gun-toting, fag hating, racist....so I am always in stage 2.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Are you serious? Some of you compared Bush to the anti-Christ.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:That might be the case if I were a normal rational human. Don't forget that I am a bible thumping, white, redneck, gun-toting, fag hating, racist....so I am always in stage 2.
If anything, I do respect Kilmoll's consistency. :lol:
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oops! Please leave a message after the beep and I will get back with you if I ever decide to take you off of ignore. Have a glorious day!

BEEP!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I've never compared Bush to the anti-Christ. Like Obama, McCain, and every president that's come before him, Bush is just a man. I truly believe that in most cases he's done what he thought was right and best for our country. Circumstance, poor decisions, and bad information is what's hurt him most.

So can anyone explain to me a good reason for politicians to be allowed to take money from lobbyists?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

There is no good reason other than politics is nothing but a game of corruption and will be until the entire system is scrapped and started from the ground up.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:That might be the case if I were a normal rational human. Don't forget that I am a bible thumping, white, redneck, gun-toting, fag hating, racist....so I am always in stage 2.
I understand that every person has multiple sides to their personality and it's difficult to express all of them on a message board. But I cannot help but wonder if you have any really colse family or friends that you can look to and just see that everything isn't so bad? I'm not trying to judge your or look down on you. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. Based on my own personal experiance, it's very hard for me to be a pessimist because I'm surrounded by so many wonderful people that I love and care for. I love my job. I have great hobbies. I'm doing fun things 98% of my waking life with people I honestly respect and appreciate, who make me a better man. I just don't get the anger I read from so many self described religious, right wing people. Why the burning red hatred?

I always have, and always will give the benefit of the doubt to others until they prove otherwise. During Bush's first term, I was not happy with the election result but I stood behind him until he really started messing up. He lost me pretty quick. I couldn't believe he won a second term. I take no satisfaction by those fears being justified and proven. I would think people would do the same for President Elect Obama and at least support him until he fucks up. You never know, he may just do some fantastic things. Winnow seems to be the only anti-Obama poster who is at least going to give him a chance.

I feel that Bush rightfully earned everything that has happened to him. I feel that this election is the direct response to 8 terrible years of failed Republican ideals. The Republicans had their shot and it was a catastrophic failure. Look around you. My opinion is based on very real criticism and real world evidence. However, I'm also of the mind that I don't even want to look back on the Bush administration. It was bad, but it's over. I want to look forward.

So Kilmoll, let's stop talking so much about what we don't agree on and instead focus on political common ground and go from there. There were several big items that Obama and McCain were in agreement on, such as tax cuts to large corporations and energy independence.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Killmoll, Funk, Midnyte etc ... I swear it's like playing Wack-A-Mole.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Why the burning red hatred?
It keeps me warm.
I take no satisfaction by those fears being justified and proven. I would think people would do the same for President Elect Obama and at least support him until he fucks up.
Trust me when I say I really do not look forward to being right on my fears of this guy. But tell me something....and be honest.....if Bush had come out and stated that he would like to modify the constitution and create a police state, would you have been mortified?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Bush's time is over. He had his chance to be a great president. In fact, he had two chances. He blew it.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You focus too much on what-if and could-be situations. But to answer your question, I would not have been mortified if Bush had said exactely what Obama has said. However, if Bush had said anything close to that during his second term (after Bush and his administration had already proven their disregard for the Constitution and basic civil rights) I would not only have been terrified, I would've had reason to be terrified. As of this momment, there are no justifications for your fears.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

I said I would believe it when I saw it so...congrats guys. I'm glad you voted for the smartest fucker in the room but culturally you just leapfrogged everyone, and we do not have your baggage to deal with, so props are in order.

What I find funny is all the conservatives are afraid Obama is going to make a hard left turn. You should read how he managed the Law Review as president. He pissed off the liberals by accommodating conservatives. I think his insticts are liberal but he is very pragmatic. I fully expect he will piss off the "tree huggers" well before he pisses off the right (I think his interview with Wolf Blitzer was the first time I've seen a Dem use the term tree hugger). I would not be surprised if you get the divided (and ineffective) government you seem to prefer.

It is a shame the domestic situation is so FUBAR, he will have a great deal of initial foreign political capital.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Ashur wrote:I expect a federal ban on concealed carry by all except law enforcement put forward to congress in the first year.
That would never, ever fly. If it does quote this post and laugh at me.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

*~*stragi*~* wrote:
Ashur wrote:I expect a federal ban on concealed carry by all except law enforcement put forward to congress in the first year.
That would never, ever fly. If it does quote this post and laugh at me.
I totally agree with this and see gun control as another in the long line of conservative 'issues' (loosest sense of the word) used to get people out and voting.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Because criminals always apply for CCW before sticking their guns down the front of their pants, right?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

I'm not really sure what that post means Masteen.
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:There is no good reason other than politics is nothing but a game of corruption and will be until the entire system is scrapped and started from the ground up.
lol.

Simpleton is simple.

Kilmoll's just a troll. He'll be spending the next 8 years pissing people off because his life sucks and he hasn't grown out of the inflammatory post for attention stage. Gonna be sweet when we have our national police force so we can round up fucks like him and feed them to the aids victims on the island Kilmoll would put them all on.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ooops! Looks like I forgot to ignore one of our finest bisexual libs! All fixed now though.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Kilmoll is going to be the next Funkmasterr.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

This blank line brought to you by Spang! Now featuring 100% less content and half the drivel!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Reminds me so much of Funkmasterr.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fucking Obama tanked the stock market today. Yesterday people were still hopeful that McCain might be elected so the markets were green but today shows clearly that Obama is bad for the economy. People are getting out before they get hit with his expected craptastic increase in capital gains taxes next year.

Can't wait for the socialized health insurance nightmare and all of the gargantuan broken promises the budget won't allow for.

Yes I can - go broke (and then live off fools still working) These next four years are going to be a real hoot...more closeup shots of that billionaire Oprah bawling please.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Melodrama is the order of the day for Winnow and Kilmoll it seems.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

"Congratulations, Socialists!" - Bill Maher
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Fucking Obama tanked the stock market today. Yesterday people were still hopeful that McCain might be elected so the markets were green but today shows clearly that Obama is bad for the economy. People are getting out before they get hit with his expected craptastic increase in capital gains taxes next year.

Can't wait for the socialized health insurance nightmare and all of the gargantuan broken promises the budget won't allow for.

Yes I can - go broke (and then live off fools still working) These next four years are going to be a real hoot...more closeup shots of that billionaire Oprah bawling please.
Less than 24 hours after Obama won the presidency, the glow is off for Wall Street: The Dow plunged 486.01 points today to close at 9,139.27, its largest-ever drop following a presidential election. Reports on jobs and service industries were to blame, according to Bloomberg; ADP Employer Services reported that companies shed 157,000 jobs in October, the most in six years. “We had an election yesterday; that doesn’t mean the problems go away,” Kevin Rendino of BlackRock Inc. told Bloomberg. “We still have an economic slowdown.”

Yeah. I can see how that's all Obama's fault
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Now that the election is over, The Truth is out!

Tell us more about the McCain-Palin infighting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What's sad is that I've already heard her name being thrown into the mix for the 2012 election. Some people never learn...

(edit. change fix to mix. same thing really!)
Last edited by Aslanna on November 6, 2008, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I knew from day one that the Republicans would turn on Palin like rabid dogs if/when they lost. Bush should be happy he was merely abandoned by his supporters. This is only the beginning.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

South Park was hillarious..
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.