Presidential Candidates 2016

What do you think about the world?
User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12181
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Well.. It sure was an interesting day. Trump supporters invading the fucking Capitol. I hope the Republicans who kept supporting Trump's delusional rigged election fantasy are pleased with the results.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 8946
Joined: July 7, 2002, 9:12 pm
Gender: Male
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's a fucking shame the authorities didn't just open fire on everyone inside the doors. That's my takeaway as of now.

User avatar
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 27323
Joined: July 5, 2002, 1:56 pm
Location: A Special Place in Hell

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:
January 6, 2021, 7:26 pm
It's a fucking shame the authorities didn't just open fire on everyone inside the doors. That's my takeaway as of now.
That goes without saying for the vandalizing rioters in the BLM protests, I fully agree. Hmm only ok to kill the white people!

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12181
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow doesn't disappoint with that response...
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Spang »

Today was yet another strong argument for abolishing the police.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12181
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Nice to see some of these people being identified and arrested or losing their jobs. It's funny because most Republicans are anti-maskers so it just makes them that much easier to identify when they riot and occupy the Capitol. What a bunch of dumbasses.

What's funnier (sadder?) is seeing Fox News try to spin this. They even dug Sarah fuckin Palin out of whatever hole she was buried in. It's all about Antifa now.. They were disguised as Trump supporters!

#oniontowel
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Spang »

Luckily, these fascists didn’t know what they were doing, otherwise it could have been a lot worse.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 27323
Joined: July 5, 2002, 1:56 pm
Location: A Special Place in Hell

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:
January 11, 2021, 7:17 am
Luckily, these fascists didn’t know what they were doing, otherwise it could have been a lot worse.
I agree, if it was BLM, they would have looted and vandalized a lot more than these people did and probably a few more cops would be dead.

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Spang »

A 25-year-old white man was responsible for the courthouse fire in Nashville.

The person responsible for vandalizing an Auto Zone in Minneapolis was a white supremacist.

White people kill a majority if police each year. The leading cause of death for police is suicide.

Had the majority of people storming the Capitol been Black, and had they been planning it for weeks, the response would have been much different. Instead of a thin blue line of cops guiding them into the Capitol, showing them where to go and taking selfies, there would have been a huge military presence, a lot of riot police, and the organizers would have been targeted by the FBI days in advance.

But that would never happen. You would never see a bunch of Black people storm the Capitol because their preferred candidate lost a fair election like these entitled white motherfuckers.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12181
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Oh look. Once again Winnow is proving what a moron he is.

There is NO COMPARISON between this and the BLM protests. Or riots if you want to call them that which I don't find unreasonable in certain instances.

For one thing, BLM, at its core, was protesting unreasonable violence (murder) against the black community by white cops. What was the basis of the insurrection at the Captiol? Dumbfuck Trump and his breaindead followers claiming the election was "stolen" even though they have been able to offer ZERO evidence after two fucking months? Fuck off.

If you try to rationalize what happened last Wednesday fuck you. You don't deserve to call yourself an American. Full stop.

The thing I am most concerned about is Trump pardoning these assholes before the 20th.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 27323
Joined: July 5, 2002, 1:56 pm
Location: A Special Place in Hell

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
January 12, 2021, 8:46 pm

There is NO COMPARISON between this and the BLM protests. Or riots if you want to call them that which I don't find unreasonable in certain instances.

What? BLM had no good reason to riot. The only reason for that was to loot stores. Most of those dumbasses, white or black, really didn't know what was going on. It was just a reason to be out on the streets.

Fuck BLM. I'm ok with reforms but fuck BLM right in the ass.

As for Trump, he needs to go and will be going. I think the impeachment is a waste and will only rile up the militias which are capable of a lot more harm than the loot focused BLM idiots.

Spang, white people are killed by cops (black or white cops) as well. Show me the list of riots that followed a common white criminal being killed similar to the common black criminals that have been killed recently. Let me know when the next one happens, maybe I can score a TV.

What I'm concerned about is the censorship from Twitter, Facebook and now YouTube. They have way too much power in determining which side of politics they feel like censoring. With Trump, sure I can see why you'd be ok with it, but there will come a time when someone is censored you aren't ok with. I would recommend again watching "The Social Dilemma" docu-drama on social media (Netflix). Very concerning.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12181
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
January 13, 2021, 10:53 am
What I'm concerned about is the censorship from Twitter, Facebook and now YouTube. They have way too much power in determining which side of politics they feel like censoring. With Trump, sure I can see why you'd be ok with it, but there will come a time when someone is censored you aren't ok with. I would recommend again watching "The Social Dilemma" docu-drama on social media (Netflix). Very concerning.
They are private companies. And they have rules and terms of service. They have been booting off people since they came into existence so this is nothing new.

If someone like AOC or Biden incited an insurrection at the Capitol though years of false statements on a particular platform I'd have zero problems with them being banned from said place. It's not like Trump was booted in a vacuum. Actions have consequences.

If you don't like it then a) follow the rules b) don't use their platform or c) start your own platform.

But again it's no surprise you keep making excuses (or ignoring it in general) being a Republican and all. At least there are some Republicans out there with a spine saying what a disaster Trump has been and that he should be removed immediately. And they are in fucking office. Yet you as a private citizen with nothing to lose can't come out and say something similar. To quote our soon-to-be ex-president: SAD.

You might make a fine Republican but you make for a shitty American.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 8946
Joined: July 7, 2002, 9:12 pm
Gender: Male
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Funkmasterr »

Everyone time someone spends energy dunking on this fucking neanderthal, a little piece of me dies.

That said, it's hilarious that Republicans, in the same conversation will argue for a free market and less government regulation - but then when they are censored for objectively lying and/or inciting a fucking armed rebellion, they pull a 180. For the party of "Facts don't care about your feelings", they sure seem to spend a lot of time whining about their feelings.

I loathe social media and will be happy to see them kneecapped, but this is not amongst the many grievances I have with them. Trump has been abandoned by everything from social media, to banks, events, etc. Same goes for Parler. The fact is that at some point, if people keep enabling this kind of shit, they will become complicit, and they're not going to take that risk. And I don't blame them.

The fact of the matter here is that the shit Trump and his cronies have been saying regarding election fraud, etc is at best intentionally misleading, and more likely objectively and demonstrably false. His enablers have spent the last few months asking what harm can come of humoring his grievances, and we now have an answer. This idea that we need to humor these fucking people because they believe conspiracy theories and other complete falsehoods is ridiculous; they should be completely ignored.

Also, I don't think anyone should be giving any credit to the Republicans that are now finally saying this shit is not okay and Trump has to go. They've fucking known that to be the case for four years, but didn't want to piss off his base until they couldn't pretend anymore. This is not something worth any praise or credit - they're self serving, cowardly pieces of shit that allowed this to fucking happen.

User avatar
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 27323
Joined: July 5, 2002, 1:56 pm
Location: A Special Place in Hell

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
January 13, 2021, 12:47 pm

If you don't like it then a) follow the rules b) don't use their platform or c) start your own platform.
It's a problem because there is no unbiased outlet anymore. The news outlets are far left or far right. Being in the middle doesn't sell anything.

Our country was founded on revolution. Following the rules would have gotten us more taxes and being Britain's bitch forever. The propaganda machine is what made Hitler what he is. In Germany's case the media was far right, in the current US, it's far left, including the Hollywood dweebs.

Controlling the media is not a good thing. Ignore Trump if you consider him an extreme case. Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter all control the flow of information and mold it to what they want you to see. Add CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, etc to that list but with less control over tracking you and force feeding you the news they want you to see, not necessarily the truth. Simply took at CNN/FOX front pages any day of the week to see how extreme the twist on news is depending on where you get it.

Amazon has the power to take down an entire social media platform and did. They can do it to anyone whether they have a reason to or not. Amazon and Microsoft are HUGE internet hosts.

BLM sells ads so you'll get a shitload of that overblown bullshit while being a borderline terrorist organization. You assclowns laughing at the misery they've caused our police force should be ashamed while playing the victim card. Can't wait to see this bloated unfocused bunch of democrats try and get anything done. Get ready for porkbelly politics, stuffing all sorts of needless, worthless shit into bills to appease the various factions while cutting science and technology spending. It's going to be a fucking mess.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12181
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
January 13, 2021, 2:17 pm
Also, I don't think anyone should be giving any credit to the Republicans that are now finally saying this shit is not okay and Trump has to go. They've fucking known that to be the case for four years, but didn't want to piss off his base until they couldn't pretend anymore. This is not something worth any praise or credit - they're self serving, cowardly pieces of shit that allowed this to fucking happen.
Believe me.. I wasn't praising them. But I do give the few of them that stopped drinking the KoolAid for a minute or two a small amount of credit because they are risking their political career (even if it is to do what is right). The main reason I brought that up is because at least they have something to lose and, even if it is 4 years too late, and are finally standing up to Trump. Whereas Winnow, who is some anonymous internet troll, can't even do the same because he can't put common decency or his country over party and that's pretty pathetic.

Winnow wrote:
January 13, 2021, 3:58 pm
Amazon has the power to take down an entire social media platform and did. They can do it to anyone whether they have a reason to or not. Amazon and Microsoft are HUGE internet hosts.
Good thing they HAD A REASON TO! They put in the time and money to build the platform.. Why can't they dictate the rules? My house.. My rules. Again.. Don't like it? Build your own house. If Twitter or AWS were controlled by the government I'd be sympathetic to your case. But as of now I am not. I know the current hot button topic being pushed over at FOX News is "Big Tech stealing my rights!" but MANY people and entities have been abandoning Trump and a lot of them have nothing to do with tech. A bunch of republicans.. The PGA.. His bank.. His lawyers.. The people hosting his online store... and the list is only growing longer. To reiterate: actions have consequences. The only sad thing is that the consequences are only just now catching up to him.

Boo hoo.. Trump got booted after MANY questionable posts. If anything it's too little too late. They should have booted him LONG ago but they didn't due to him being President. Anyone else would have been kicked off long ago.

Call it censorship if you want. But that's because you think Trump and his Republicans enablers are the victims here. Spoiler alert: They are not.

But feel free to deflect and vomit up another pointless post about BLM.

Winnow wrote:Get ready for porkbelly politics, stuffing all sorts of needless, worthless shit into bills to appease the various factions while cutting science and technology spending. It's going to be a fucking mess.
Speaking of drinking the KoolAid... Because we all know Republicans have only put essential spending into their bills... Hahahahaha!

Also, a lot of conservatives seem to think repealing section 230 will help their "cause". If anything it is the OPPOSITE and will lead to much more censoring across the board since they would then be liable for it. So if you're one of the people in support of it, and I have no idea if you are, you're a moron. I imagine most right wingers have no clue what Section 230 is other than that Trump says it's BAD. If it just impacted social media companies I wouldn't care, since I'd be happy if they all shut down, but it impacts MANY entities on the internet including your ISP.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 27323
Joined: July 5, 2002, 1:56 pm
Location: A Special Place in Hell

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

Twitter CEO on banning Trumps account:
Dorsey acknowledged that taking such actions "fragment the public conversation", "divide us" and "limit the potential for clarification, redemption, and learning." He also admitted that the power of his corporation in the "global public conversation" has set a "dangerous" precedent.
Aslanna wrote:
January 13, 2021, 9:02 pm
Good thing they HAD A REASON TO! They put in the time and money to build the platform.. Why can't they dictate the rules? My house.. My rules. Again.. Don't like it? Build your own house.
I realize this is easy to say but take a minute to think about it. This isn't the old days where people could live on their own independently and knew how to survive.

Today most of us know how to do barely anything. We know how do do a select few things. We are all dependent on others and companies. Don't like the cell phones out there? You aren't building your own. Not without a bazillion patents and another bazillion people making all the components from the ground up for you and even more people putting it together for you. No matter what, you'll be reliant on shitloads of other people. Hell most of us couldn't make a fork or a spoon or program the game Pong.

There's no getting away from a company like Facebook. I despise them yet they bought Oculus and have the best VR headset. I have to use them to log into many mobile games, they own instagram and Whatsapp which non Americans use and are super popular, you can't even view instagram images without a facebook account or giving up your phone number. Fuck them, I'll use Parlor...oh shit! Amazon took them down completely, so much for that option...not that you could even get the app after Apple and Google removed it. Facebook account is manditory for the new Oculus Quest 2. And before you say it, it's not like Sony requiring a playstation account. Facebook rapes you as much as it possibly can for personal information to sell to the highest bidder so it's not like a normal login account for other products.

When a company is influential enough to be able to impact free speech or our government, there's a problem. We either move toward some form of government run by mega corporations (hello Cyberpunk 2077!) or we regulate them and don't let them get out of control.

Out of curiosity, have you watched The Social Dilemma I keep mentioning? The drama part of it is a little corny at times but it does a good job of showing how influential google, facebook etc are in almost everyone's lives now. If you don't use them, I don't care, neither do I except for a fake account logging into games etc. Think beyond yourself, think bigger picture here. Look at the BLM idiots. When not looting, they were more interested in videoing every-fucking-thing. Videoing others videoing others videoing. Same with the Capital Building, most of those fools were taking selfies. Most are just lost in their social media, even while at the event itself. Those that aren't there, sit their fat asses in their easy chair and watch the idiots on TV videotaping other idiots.

User avatar
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 8946
Joined: July 7, 2002, 9:12 pm
Gender: Male
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Funkmasterr »

You've spent the last 20 paragraphs of posting building on your premise of social media and tech being necessary to survive... you do realize this isn't the case, right? VV is the closest thing I have to social media. I don't use Amazon, I don't order anything online unless it's necessary, I don't order my food online, I go pick it up and wait for it, I have almost no apps downloaded on my phone, etc. Not everyone is fucking lazy/wants all the tech at whatever expense.

User avatar
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 27323
Joined: July 5, 2002, 1:56 pm
Location: A Special Place in Hell

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:
January 14, 2021, 10:46 am
You've spent the last 20 paragraphs of posting building on your premise of social media and tech being necessary to survive... you do realize this isn't the case, right? VV is the closest thing I have to social media. I don't use Amazon, I don't order anything online unless it's necessary, I don't order my food online, I go pick it up and wait for it, I have almost no apps downloaded on my phone, etc. Not everyone is fucking lazy/wants all the tech at whatever expense.
And you still can't make shit yourself. That's my point. You still rely on others that are also only specialist and know maybe how to do one thing. And those people you do get your food from use social media. Not using Amazon means nothing. As I usually remind Aslanna, think beyond your own situation, "Well I don't do that, use that, feel that, it so it doesn't matter!". There's always a way to disassociate yourself from something.

That fact that you don't take advantage of technology is irrelevant. Most tech is highly useful. How the tech is used and manipulated is the issue. Unless you are some straw sandal wearing freak, stfu about your little trips to pick up food in the car you can't make, or even the bicycle you can't make, using money that undoubtedly doesn't not come from you hunting and gathering or being some sort of smith that uses tools that were made that you couldn't make yourself. Totally get rid of that phone and never use the internet again and I'll start to be impressed if I come across you in a man made hut fishing for your own food on the shore of some remote lake.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12181
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: Presidential Candidates 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Is your argument, or what you think I am making, is that for everything you don't like you should be able to "build" your own? If so, that is a moronic take on what I was saying. For one thing, hardware is a lot different than a platform, or "software" if you will.

You seem to be glossing over the fact that these places have rules. Rules that you agree to when you sign up and create an account. Why should I accommodate people that disregard those rules and do what they want? You don't have a RIGHT to do what you want on a platform owned by others just like you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre.

Regardless, this is an issue we won't agree on. Trump broke the rules, used platforms to incite violence and push his bullshit conspiracy theories for YEARS, and FINALLY got banned. He is not the victim here. If you believe he is then you are the problem. As I said earlier, Twitter and Facebook have been banning people for years for breaking their rules ever since they came into existence so why is it an issue for you now?

You also seem to think Facebook and Twitter are essential to live in the world today. They are not.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

Post Reply