Blondie

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Blondie

Post by Winnow »

I'm infatuated with Debbie Harry for some reason.

Back in the 80's I didn't get her. Didn't like her music for the most part. I was busy listening to Rush, Van Halen, The Cars, etc.

She turned 70 last month.

Looking back on her career. She was involved in the beginnings of Punk/New Wave, Rap, and had a look that was out of place for the time but uniquely awesome. Her band also had some skills. Various songs are notable for bass and drums.

Blondie - Atomic

Here Debbie pulls off wearing a trash bag in one of the classic punk/new wave songs of the time. Bass in this song is great (around the 2:30 mark)

Blondie - Dreaming

Great song. Listen to the drummer go nuts during the song. It's like a drum solo with lyrics. A lot of people like to say how crappy the songs were but there was some talent going on.

Blondie - Rapture

And there's Blondie, in the very early days of rap, with a great song. The little white girl certainly didn't hurt rap's cause to catch on in the main stream, plus it's the kind of rap I like, mixed into an actual song.

Blondie - Sunday Girl

Great voice (IMO). Blondie with a diffent look. Made a trash bag look good. Made a girl in a suit look good. Prefer the mixed french version of this song but so may vids from late 79's are crappy quality.