Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Casey Abrams

Post by Siji »

From American Idol season 10 which also introduced James Durbin, Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery, Casey Abrams just released his self titled CD. Before the CD came out, I listened to the songs he made available on iTunes and was really disappointed. They sounded nothing like what I was expecting. I wrote it off as another lost hope for some decent music (while he was on Idol, I really enjoyed most of his stuff and was impressed with his musical talent).

When I saw the full CD was released I decided to grab it out of curiosity and just to see if there might be a song or two worth having. I can honestly say I'm pleasantly surprised and the more time I spend listening to it, the more I'm enjoying it. Depending on what singles he puts out and how much muscle they put behind him in advertising, he could do really really well. It's general top 40 type stuff with a fresh enough spin on it that it's enjoyable. Most of the songs are very catchy. They're all listenable and I can't really think of any I don't like.

If you liked him on Idol I think you'll like his CD. Some of my favorites are 'Simple Life', 'Get Out', 'Great Bright Morning', 'Stuck In London' and 'A Boy Can Dream'.

'Blame It On Me' is probably most reflective of his personality on Idol. Very growly with his stand-up bass thumping away. 'Dry Spell' is very jazzy along the lines of Ray Charles.

He does a cover of 'Hit The Road Jack' with Haley Reinhart (also from AI) that's not bad. I'm not much a fan of hers though, so ymmv.

It's definitely not a jazz CD. It's really got a mix and I personally found it enjoyable. Unfortunately I predict this going the way of Lee Dewyze or Jason Castro's CDs and not reaching as much of an audience as they deserved. (Both of those are really, really good CDs by the way if you haven't heard them)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Casey Abrams

Post by Funkmasterr »

Wait, you watch American Idol? And you just called top 40 artists "good"?

:vv_WTF: