Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Metric - New Album - Synthetica

Post by Canelek »

Been a huge fan of Metric since I heard Black Sheep on Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. They are a Indie band out of Toronto with a super hot singer chick and a pretty cool sound. "Edgy Pop" I suppose. I actually enjoy their earlier work a bit more than their recent stuff, but the last album, Fantasies, was really really fucking solid.

Synthetica was released last week and is pretty interesting. Like the name implies, it leans fairly heavy at times on synthesizers...which works in a way since her voice can easily trend towards the 80s when she wants...think Blondie, in a good way. Her voice is really fantastic!

So, while the album is rather short at 11 songs, it is a bit of fun if you are feeling like you want to revisit an "older" sound while not really sacrificing musicianship.

If you already like Metric, it is an easy buy. If you want to check them out, I'd stick with some of their earlier work to get a feel for how they have changed over the years (i.e. more of a rock feel to a more mainstream throwback).

It is growing on me.

en kærlighed småkager