Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

I am a very proud dad!!!

Post by Tyek »

Ok, Please forgive me for this, but my 15 year old son has been into music the last few years, he was the youngest ever trumpet leader in their school bands history, he just earned his second year in that position. He taught himself the guitar and he is also teaching himself piano. He can sit, listen to a song and play it on piano without a single lesson. We have tried to find him some teachers, but I honestly think music teachers may be the flakiest people I have met.

Anyway, his band played their first ever live show. At a real club, Chain Reaction where his favorite band Avenged Sevenfold played when they were starting out...so without further ado....my son's band...remember they are 15, this is their first show and while it is not perfect, they did a pretty amazing job. My son is the one in the Fallen shirt...this is my cell phone taking the video...thanks for letting me brag.

Only linking a couple of the 6 songs...let me know your thoughts...oh and he already has a couple girls after the show coming up to him all nervous wanting to talk to him....I was loading gear and trying not to laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_n1F5vBR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ereQXgwCGJ4
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: I am a very proud dad!!!

Post by Tyek »

ok so you can't see the shirt says Fallen, he is the guitar player on the right by the keyboards.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Playing in a band was some of the most enjoyable times of my life. Make sure to encourage him and make sure he enjoys this time of his life.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

You deserve to be proud. Musial and other artistic talents are amazing gifts and I can only imagine how awesome it would be to see a child excel in their chosen talent. When did he start showing a proficiency in music? What was your first clue?
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Fairweather Pure wrote:You deserve to be proud. Musial and other artistic talents are amazing gifts and I can only imagine how awesome it would be to see a child excel in their chosen talent. When did he start showing a proficiency in music? What was your first clue?
He could pick up almost any instrument and play it and sound like he knew how to play. He asked to go to music full time a coiple years ago. He wants to go to ASU and play for their band, or possibly a music school like Berkley.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Awesome, Tyek.

And yeah, music teachers - a lot of them, anyway - are flaky. But keep trying, a good one will seriously improve both technical skill and musicianship. Of course a bad one (in your son's case, probably one who treats him as a kid) can sour the pupil's relationship with the instrument. But man, a good teacher really can make all the difference in the world.

(btw, Avenged TENFOLD would've been a better name...)
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tyek wrote: He wants to go to ASU and play for their band, or possibly a music school like Berkley.
ASU! ASU!

Party School!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

When I typed that I knew Winnow would be happy
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Latest video's are up. The sound is not as good, but the video is much better. He is getting so damn good. Check it out. Still no teacher though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzZCDimx ... re=related
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

How about some videos of him playing his REAL instrument? Does he know any Miles or Louis?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

LOL not anywhere I could quickly link it.