Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker (spoiler free)

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker (spoiler free)

Post by Winnow »

It's fucking horrible. The worst of all nine movies. Really really bad.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker (spoiler free)

Post by Boogahz »

Stumbled on a spoiler video that made me decide that I probably won't see it in the theater...I don't know that I would've enjoyed what they revealed.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I watched it. No surprise that I disagree with Winnow's bad take. Was it the greatest movie ever? No. But it sure as fuck wasn't the worst of the nine. Have you even seen I-III? It would seem not.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's a shit movie. I-III sucked as well but this movie was complete crap.

Poe!!!!!, Finn!!!!, Rey!!! Every fucking scene someones screaming a name. Disjointed. Zero character development. Shots of the back of Carrie Fishers head and her hands did not help.

No drama, just "Luke I am your father!" That was surprising and exiting. No one gives a shit who Rey's dad is. On that note, Luke deserved way better than he got in the final three episodes. Even as a blue Jedi ghost he would have helped the last film.

There were no scenes with a sense of wonder and discovery about the mysterious force. It was just used a boring weapon.

I enjoyed episode 7. You could forgive them for sticking to the original IV cookie cutter formula in that one because I-III sucked and it made sense to get back to a winning formula. But after that, they didn't try anything new and took a step backward after introducing the new characters. I liked Rey as a character up until this movie. Finn showed promise the first half of the trilogy but largely ignored in the final. Wasn't a big fan of Poe. He was ok.

This movie was bad. It brought nothing new to the table. Wasn't funny, wasn't dramatic. I didn't care what happened to Kylo. Too much special effects and wide pans trying to squeeze in every minor character instead of providing an interesting story. Despite Star wars being a massive Space Epic, it's the character development and humor/swashbuckling that made it great. This movie was a mess and missed those key things.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nowhere did I say EP 9 was good. But it sure as fuck is better than Episode 1-3. Anyone who says otherwise has some mental issues they should get resolved.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

9 at least had the good grace to be less boring than 8. The writing was garbage, clearly trying to fanservice their way passed the horrible mess that TLJ left, but it was just so blatant. ONE MILLION STAR DESTROYERS VS ONE BILLION TRASH CAN FLEET. I'm sorry, Lando, you deserved better.

I'm still pissed that they wrote in random ass Admiral Purplehair to steal Leia's thunder. The CG ghost performance in this movie was just pissing on Carrie Fisher's grave.

In closing: FUCK.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt