Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Post by Animalor »

You know, I like big dumb movies as much as the next guy and I can suspect disbelief up to a certain point but what Michael Bay put out here was just completely horrible.

Worse than Revenge of the Fallen in my mind.

Frankly what this movie suffered from the most was a complete lack of editing until the last 10 minutes where everything kind of stops in the middle of an action scene and everyone goes "Ok, We're Done" and they ride off into the sunset.

This movie also failed my "If this almost over, what time is it?" test. 2 hours, 50 f'ing minutes long.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Post by Kluden »

Wow...how disappointing. Sounds like they rushed to release to a specific date, as to not go head to head against other summer releases.

They did make some cool trailers though! Guess I'll be waiting for dvd.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Well, it is a Michael Bay movie, so not sure how anyone could expect something decent.
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Kluden wrote:Wow...how disappointing. Sounds like they rushed to release to a specific date, as to not go head to head against other summer releases.

They did make some cool trailers though! Guess I'll be waiting for dvd.
They're not going head to head vs anything though. Guardians of the Galaxy is Aug 1 and TMNT is Aug 8th. That's really the last of the summer blockbusters. Planet of the Apes and Hercules come out in July, but those are B tier and won't make too many waves.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What's surprising about this is that anyone would have bothered with the Transformers movies after the first one was made. Learn when to say when, people.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Hmmm. Well planet of the apes is certainly going to gross more than ninja turtles and anything called Hercules will likely flop. Guardians and Apes ftw.
Back to transformers....there will be many more. It simply is a money maker no matter how awful they all are. People will keep buying tickets so...just like Justin Beiber makes money...
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

If I would have given up on Xmen after the stupidity of the third one, I would have missed two splendid xmen movies :) So you can't just discredit, although, I would agree that anything that has Michael Bay attached, you can probably discredit before its even filmed.

That new planet of the apes movie made a ton of money for what it was, i thought. I won't see the new one either in the theatres, cause I just can't suspend disbelief enough to think that apes on horses can take out the US Marine Corps. They can't...but my hypocrisy apparently has no bounds as I'm ok with super serum that makes apes teh smart.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

This movie needed more slo motion shots of transformers jumping and spinning through the air doing things.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:What's surprising about this is that anyone would have bothered with the Transformers movies after the first one was made. Learn when to say when, people.
The 5 year-old is very interested in this movie... which I would think is the target market, so I think the real question is; why make an M rated movie for 5 year-olds?
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

The target market may be 5-10 year old boys, but many grownups are still at that same intellectual level. Michael Bay could make a R-rated movie and it would still be fit for a child...because Michael Bay.