Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

From Dusk Til Dawn (TV Series)

Post by Winnow »

Anyone else watching this?
Director Robert Rodriguez is expanding on the story and characters first seen in his cult classic From Dusk Till Dawn with a new TV series, but that's not all there is to it. Here it's the debut original series on Rodriguez's new El Rey Network on cable, but outside the US Miramax has cut a deal with Netflix giving the streamer exclusive rights to all ten episodes. That means this time around Netflix will follow the weekly episode release schedule (like it did with Breaking Bad) instead of bingeing House of Cards-style, bringing new episodes within 24 hours of the US broadcast everywhere except Latin America. The US premiere is March 11th, while in Latin America it will premiere March 19th, with weekly releases after that -- in an unrelated note, Canada's Trailer Park Boys are returning with a whole new season on Netflix later this year.
I just finished watching episode 6 and it's been entertaining. It's already been renewed for a 2nd season.

It's based on Quentin Tarantino's cult classic movie of the same name. I've never heard of El Ray, but that's the network it's on. I haven't checked but supposedly you can view in on Netflix as well if you are outside of the U.S. (use a VPN) I've been downloading the episodes.

Cinematography is good and story is fun (if you've seen the movie you know what it's about).

Check out an episode if you know how to use VPN with Netflix (if you're in the U.S.) or download an episode or two. Not bad at all.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: From Dusk Til Dawn (TV Series)

Post by Winnow »

Episode 7 finally came out. What an action packed episode. Best current running series that hardly anyone's watching right now since it's on El Ray and not available on Netflix in North America.

Campy but very entertaining.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I'm watching it on Netflix so it's available in North America. Not the US apparently though.

Great series so far.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lynks wrote:I'm watching it on Netflix so it's available in North America. Not the US apparently though.

Great series so far.
Ah, it's Latin America along with the U.S. that can't get it on Netflix yet.