Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 4

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canelek wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Crazy season ender and it was paced pretty well. It made up for the boring episode last week!

Those skeletons or whatever looked really good.
Sure, wall stuff is not the best in the books. But, that was the BA Baracus of movie/TV battles. They cut out all the pov turmoil, why complain? Tidy as fuck in my book. In the case of that episode, it was by far better done than Martin wrote.

Why all the bitching lately about the show? Hard to please motherfuckers :p
The only thing that struck me as "messy" in the books was the matter of who killed Joffrey, everything else was pretty straight forward to me. I don't have a problem with them changing things in that case, because it adds needed clarity to the story. Everything else they've done is either added for unnecessary wow factor or equally unnecessary tugging at heart strings, and I won't ever get behind that.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

In the case of Grey Worm and the handmaiden chick I totally agree.

Pretty much everything else (imo) has been an improvement. Keep in mind some narrative needed to change in order to mae the next two seasons work without seeming a huge bore-fest (for most viewers). Let's face it, books 4 and 5 are largely criticized as being filler (i.e. Frodo again walks his slow pudgy ass to Mordor with his trusty greased manservant.)

Some thoughts on the finale (*****INCLUDING MINOR BOOK SPOILERS*****):
[Show]
Missing Lady Stoneheart. I figure they'll slap her in early next season. Really though, I don't care too much about that storyline and I think George was spitballing.

Jamie revealing the truth of Tyrion's early marriage trauma. Wasn't in the show. Kind of strange that was left out, but oh well.

Tyrion's quip about Tywin shitting gold. Again, missing from the show. I thought this would have been a nice bit of lollerfactor, but I can see they wanted to keep everything really fucking grim.

I can see the gripes about the Daenerys arc as slow, boring and plodding. Well, this is an area the show can't seem to keep interesting. Not like she has much to do in the books either! Maybe they will liven her up a bit next season (of course, ahead of book schedule, but that really isn't important at this point.
All in all, the show is just stunning on every level. Sure there are some nonsensical changes, but overall the narrative is tits over Bingo better than the novels, and I love those books for the most part.
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Well, his fatness aint gonna let them get ahead of his books. So he will ruin this show eventually, either by forcing them to go to 1 episode long "seasons"...or filler, fluff, sit around and drink wine episodes. Remember, he wrote soo much for book 5 he was done with most of 6...hahaha...that guy.