Captain America: Winter Soldier Trailer!!!

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Captain America: Winter Soldier Trailer!!!

Post by Canelek »

Wowowowowowowwooooo :D Tom Clancy meets Marvel. I likey!

http://youtu.be/NLWsK1ZFunA
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Captain America: Winter Soldier Trailer!!!

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but that trailer was fucking amazing.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

The Winter Soldier was one of the best 'new' Marvel characters in recent memory. They brought back a classic hero and made Captain America a stronger character and series. If it comes close to the quality of the comic I'll be very happy. The trailer gives me hope. Winter Soldier looks perfect from what I can see. Falcon also looks way better than I could have imagined. Props to them for making that one work.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I took the wife and kids to the IMAX 3D showing today. Great film. It's the strongest Phase 2 film of the bunch, beating out Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. Taking Captain America in the direction of a spy thriller was a great idea. Whoever choreographed the action needs to do every Marvel film from here on out. It had fight scenes that were slick, athletic, and brutal when the fight called for it. The Winter Soldier was a fantastic enemy. He was a very smart and well thought out villain. There were a tone of easter eggs in the movie too. I can't wait to get it on Blu Ray. I might even catch it one more time in the theater.

Guardians of the Galaxy can still top this as far as phase 2 goes. That looks amazing. The trailer on IMAX in 3D was gorgeous. So was Amazing Spiderman 2 and Godzilla for that matter!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

btw, also supposed to be two separate teasers during and after the credits
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I saw this a second time yesterday with a buddy that had not seen it yet. It holds up really well with a second viewing. Also, it was surprisingly full of people. After putting some thought into it, I would probably rate this better than Avengers. It's such a hard choice though. Technically, I think CA2 is simply a better film. However, Avengers is my childhood fan boy fantasies put on film and there has never been an action movie that hit me the way the last 40 minutes of that movie did.

CA2 is a super hero film that "out actions" every other spy/thriller film in the genre. It's better than Bourne, Salt, Mission Impossibles, 007, ect. All of them take a back seat.

Also, Captain America is a beast in this movie. I can easily see him as the leader of the Avengers now. When that movie came out, he seemed somewhat out classed. Not any more. He can hang with the big boys just fine.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I also saw this twice. It is the best Marvel film to date, along with the Avengers. It's so fucking badass and will likely make Captain America the new big franchise outside of Avengers films. Better than any Iron Man film or Incredible Hulk. Must see in theaters whether your a fan of the Marvel films or not.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Keverian FireCry wrote:I also saw this twice. It is the best Marvel film to date, along with the Avengers. It's so fucking badass and will likely make Captain America the new big franchise outside of Avengers films. Better than any Iron Man film or Incredible Hulk. Must see in theaters whether your a fan of the Marvel films or not.
I agree, this ranks up there with X-Men II and Avengers as best Marvel movie.

I'd go:

1. X-Men 2
2. Avengers
3. Captain America: Winter Soldier
4. X-Men
5. Spider-Man I
6. Iron Man I
7. The Wolverine

Here's the 36 Marvel Movies for reference:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... 403?page=1#

Upcoming Marvel Movies:

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers II

All three of those have the potential to break into the top ten.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Every movie with a Marvel super hero in it is a lot different than the movies made by Marvel for the current cinematic universe.

Iron Man
Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Captain America 2
Guardians of the Galaxy

Agents of Sheild falls in there too, along with the various "one shots" on each blu ray, which fills in a lot of story.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

That list is rubbish. They have Spiderman 3 ahead of Thor 2. Hulk ahead of Captain America.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lynks wrote:That list is rubbish. They have Spiderman 3 ahead of Thor 2. Hulk ahead of Captain America.
I linked it for reference so you can see all of the marvel movies and then decide for yourself which you liked best.

Here's DC's list for example:

Batman
Batman
Batman
Batman
Superman
Superman
Superman
Superman
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

You forgot a few Batmans and the 1 Green Lantern :p
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Captain America 3 is going to be bigger than The Avengers

It's been less than a week since The Avengers: Age of Ultron opened in theaters and Marvel is already revving the engine on its next big superhero team-up. The studio announced today that principal photography has begun on Captain America: Civil War while detailing the main cast for the movie, and I'm just going to say it: things are starting to feel a little unwieldy. Obviously, Chris Evans' Captain America is starring in the film, but according to Marvel's announcement no less than seven other existing Avengers will also be showing up:

Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.)
Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson)
Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
Falcon (Anthony Mackie)
War Machine (Don Cheadle)
The Vision (Paul Bettany)
Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)

On top of that, the movie is also going to feature Paul Rudd's Ant-Man, a character that audiences won't even formally meet until this July. But while that may seem like a lot, I can hear what you're saying right now. "Hey Bryan, it's not any worse than Age of Ultron. They don't even have Bruce Banner or Thor listed!"

But wait, there's more.

The movie is also going to feature Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman), Agent 13 (Emily VanCamp), Crossbones (Frank Grillo), the return of William Hurt as General Thunderbolt Ross, and both Daniel Brühl (The Fifth Estate) and Martin Freeman (Sherlock and far too many other wonderful things to count) in unnamed roles.

"The most jam-packed movie in Marvel's history"

All of which is to say that Captain America: Civil War is starting to look like the most jam-packed movie in Marvel's history — and that's not necessarily a good thing. Managing an expanded universe like this is difficult because there are so many characters to keep straight. When you take your time and do so deliberately, you get the first Avengers: a wonderful pay-off filled with delightful character moments and action that becomes a global phenomenon. When things get rushed — or too much setup gets jammed in at the expense of the movie at hand — you get something a lot closer to Age of Ultron. It's also worth noting that while the original Avengers served as a capper to the first phase of Marvel's Cinematic Universe, setting up Iron Man 3 and every film that followed, Age of Ultron was a stand-alone movie of the week in comparison, leaving Tony Stark's angst and Captain America's disillusionment behind without barely a mention. If anything, it appears that Civil War has been designed to be the inflection point from which all future Marvel movies extend. As Yahoo's Jordan Zakarin put it, this is more Avengers 2.5 than Captain America 3
That's an assload of heroes in Cap 3.