Twilight - Breaking Dawn

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Twilight - Breaking Dawn

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I took my daughter to see this final installment of the series. I actually enjoyed this one. I know that there are a lot of people who said that it was different from the books but I never read the books so I don't care. Also, I don't feel as if my manhood has been diminished in any way. Though I do find I have an urge to sit when I pee.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Twilight - Breaking Dawn

Post by Kluden »

I took my lady to it friday night, and it was so worth it! Don't get me wrong, the movie is a pile of shit like the rest of them, but whatever, happy woman = happy man. She says its what's in the book, just played out, where in the book its just like 1 page of stuff (the ending that is). I will say it was far better than part 1!

So, on to the best part. Being opening night, or opening weekend night, we were surrounded by teenie boppers and college girls. Now, she was getting annoyed as fuck premovie from all the talking, "omg"s, and other retarded things that shouldn't be said aloud, and the chair kicking of course...but I leaned over to her and told her it would all pay out in the end. So, as the movie progresses, and things start actually happening, these girls are going crazy, screaming, "What the fuck?!?!", "Fuck you movie!" and several other colorful statements about certain things going on...it was so worth the wait for the out bursts from the crowd, I was dying of laughter!

anywho, movie is poo 3/10, fellow movie goers reactions 10/10
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My wife went with a friend and said it was the best one but I still would've hated it. She knows I hate dream sequences and other lazy techniques like that and I guess the end had a huge section that was exactly that.

For as much money as these films have made, the special effects look completely second class. That just irks me.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Why would they need to beef up their production budget? It is basically the Power Rangers effect of the 1990s and that generation of kids. Popularity has nothing to do with any sort of quality. Keep feeding the monkey until it decides it is all grown up and rips your face off.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Man cards revoked for the lot of you.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Never seen a lick of that tripe, but trailers are pretty telling. Classic demographic pandering.
en kærlighed småkager
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

You're right about the special effects...they are awful. The baby is the worst looking CG work I've seen since Fox's shit show from Spielberg last year! The crowd at the movie was laughing hysterically when they first showed the kid at the beginning of the movie, its creepy.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I refuse to see any of these. I saw part of the first one with my ex, and was disgusted! Vampires eat humans, not animals (only), and they don't fucking sparkle in the sun! They burst into flames!