Expendables 2

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Expendables 2

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I had vacation last week and decided to go see some movies. This movie was first on my list because I enjoyed the first one so much.

This movie has many of the things a Guy Movie needs as far as action, explosions, and catchy one-liners. It has most of the major action heroes in it (no Segal sorry) including Arnold and Bruce and Chuck. I heard that there was a clause in getting Chuck to be in the movie and that was there will be no swearing. I heard about this after seeing the movie and I honestly can't remember anyone swearing. The focus on any single actor was spread out nicely so that no one really over powered the movie. In this movie, imho, Dolph really rocked. All in all it was a great action flick even if you could tell what was going to happen next. But we love that, right? The opening sequence really was quite awesome.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there were previews for both Sylvester and Arnold and their new movies.
Arnold - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000216/ I saw the Last Stand preview
Sylvester - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000230/ I saw the Bullet to the Head preview

Both movies actually looked like they could be great Guy Movies.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Expendables 2

Post by Zamtuk »

They say 'shit' roughly every other word throughout the entire movie, but nothing too heavy. This movie does indeed own. It is self recognizing in its cheesiness and isn't at all over the top. They even made a Chuck Norris joke that didn't come off as forced. Dolph was Dolph, which is to say, completely great. They desperately need a Carl Weathers cameo in this movie. The final battle with the three of the big names fighting together was worth the price alone. Making fun of Smart cars is just old hand. Unless it is Arnold and Bruce making fun of Smart Cars while ripping the doors off.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Bruce Willis got the boot for #3. Harrison Ford in instead. Didn't see that one coming!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

People like Kevin Smith say he's a pain in the ass to work with so I'm not really surprised.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Mel Gibson is in the third one too. The casting is always so crazy for these. I guess Kurt Russel won't join up for whatever reason despite constant offers.