Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

some Batman movie came out today

Post by Zamtuk »

Not bad at all.
[Show]
Catwoman killing Bane was super gay, and my only real complaint about the movie. How the fuck did she get that motorcycle into City Hall?!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: some Batman movie came out today

Post by Aslanna »

Early Friday, ten people were killed and dozens more were injured after a suspect opened fire at a midnight Dark Knight Rises screening, outside Denver. Colorado NBC affiliate 9 News is reporting that 12 were killed in the shooting and 38 injured.
Sounds pretty awesome.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There were Zero people killed on Avengers' opening night.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Aslanna wrote:
Early Friday, ten people were killed and dozens more were injured after a suspect opened fire at a midnight Dark Knight Rises screening, outside Denver. Colorado NBC affiliate 9 News is reporting that 12 were killed in the shooting and 38 injured.
Sounds pretty awesome.
Actually, after this story broke, this movie definitely got better. Come to think of it, never has a movie inspired such hysteria at an opening premier. You should probably drop everything and run, not walk, not drive, but run to the theater right now.
Fuck Michigan!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I won't be able to see this until 3 weeks from now :( All of my weekends are booked solid. I hope it's good!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I saw it this morning in glorious 2D. =) The movie was great.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I don't think anything could have followed The Dark Knight and surpassed it with the Ledger performance, but this is pretty fucking close. This is how you close out a trilogy people. No faggoty bouncing on a bed and 30 minutes of victory lapping before a boatride. No stuffed teddy bears bringing down the elite troops of a galaxy spanning empire. No emo haircut dance scene with a hero who is a bigger douche than the bad guy. No dragon ball z fight in the rain with Smith where you basically just give up at the end. Just two and a half hours of foot to the floor action and three minutes of tying the bow afterwards.

I expect to get flamed for saying this, but I think its probably the best movie trilogy ever made and certainly the best comic book movie franchise ever. I loved Avengers, but this movie was at a whole other level. Top notch acting, action, and story. Avengers had the first two nailed, but not the third, at least not to the degree of TDKR. Also, I seriously hope Oldman does more movies with Nolan and his crew, because he really nailed Gordon in this movie.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This movie is good so far.

I was watching a pretty crappy cam version of it and fell asleep halfway through but it seemed ok. No way I'm going to a theater and getting shot by some crazy white guy shooting other white people. I'd risk it for a Marvel character!

It's leaning a little too much to the emo side of things, self pity, etc but not bad.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Movie was decent for a Batman-movie, but it sure was no Avengers.

Best thing was Selina Kyle though

Also loved when Val Kilmer and George Clooney were sitting at the restaurant that Bruce Wayne was in, that was classy. Same as having Jim Carrey working the question desk at the airport. Cute how they put the question mark above him.

Nice nod to Killer Croc by Nolan as well as seeing Danny DeVito, Burt Ward and Hawkman staring down from the rooftops at the end.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I watched the Blu ray last night. I thought it was pretty good. The movie had plot holes I could drive a car through and beyond stupid situations, but the incredibly strong ending somehow made those a non issue to me. I was entertained and enjoyed the ride. I think the second movie was the best, but Rises is indeed a worthy follow up.

I did not see any of the twists coming and I was very happy to see the Trilogy come full circle with the final film. It is indeed a very strong trilogy, but LotR is still #1 for me.