Game of Thrones - Season 3

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Game of Thrones - Season 3

Post by Aslanna »

I didn't see the last episode as a "drop off". Can't have every episode with people dying left and right. And the Theon scene was fairly short so not a big deal.

And season 3 is the first half of book #3 with season 4 being the second half.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think the finale was a drop off, because there was no cliff hanger, and there was no real story moving. The big reveal was that Tyrion's dad decided to tell him he still loves him, or something. I just think after the red wedding, you have to pay your viewers back with something.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I guess I'm in the minority. Not every show needs a cliffhanger. Is there even anything in the book at that point that would qualify as a cliffhanger? It was mostly setting things up for next season.

I also don't see why viewers need a "pay back". Their pay back is a well made show. Entitled generation!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

The douche torturing Theon is now the second person on the list of people (Joffrey bring the other) that's going to hinder my ability to continue to enjoy this story while he's alive. I may read the books this summer cause I'm getting impatient for more story.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I love Ramsey Snow. And while they really sped up his story (book 4 or 5, I can't remember, but he wasn't really in SoS), I thoroughly enjoy him torturing the shit out of Theon. Because, fuck Theon.

I'm torn on this episode. No, they didn't need a cliffhanger, but they needed something. Throwing Dany in at the end for yet another slave freeing moment felt contrived, and unnecessary. We get it, she hates slavery. I guess it's the happy feeling you get before you realize that she just freed all the workers and farmers and now thousands will soon starve and not know how to govern themselves (spoiler? maybe, her story is boring as shit for the next book or so). Ending episode 10 on the Red Wedding would have fucking owned though. Think Dexter season 4. That whole break in between seasons was torture, then you could have ended Season 4 Episode 1 with the Dany sunshine and rainbow express.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yeah, Bolton's Bastard is great! That sausage scene was pretty damn funny. Now, on Joffrey, that kid deserves a fkn goldon globe or emmy or whatever you get for TV shows. He's a superb actor to make everyone hate him oh so much.

On the payback note, I read the books, so technically I don't really care if there's a cliffhanger or a payback moment, because I already know, as do most on here.

My payback idea is more for the sorry saps that couldn't handle the red wedding. Now, I don't actually believe they will "stop watching" or that they will murder GRRM or butt fuck HBO as many have said they would...but...a little payback for their butt hurt feelings wouldn't go amiss. I just think that after a kick in the nuts, a good back rub feels so much better, maybe?

Also, I'm assuming they just decided to nix the Benjen Stark part?
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

What do you mean? He went missing in season 1 just as in the books.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Didn't read the books, but Benjen seemed like an awesome character in season 1. It's odd that he just disappears from the books as well, but I'd guess that he still has an important role to play and didn't just die somewhere north of the wall to never be heard from again...
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Don't read if you haven't read the books.
[Show]
I had always assumed after reading the books, that the white walker (and horse) that helps Sam find the entrance to the passage in the wall, along with Bran once he's north of the wall, was the reanimated corpse of Benjen Stark. I assumed he was reanimated by the green people/tree. I guess it could be a lot of different characters...but since he wears the black of the nights watch, I had always assumed it to be Benjen. But then again, would be better if Benjen is just alive and has a kick ass storyline later in the books too...
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Book spoiler
[Show]
Oh, I know who you're talking about. Coldhands. It's possible it's Ben Stark but as of book 5, it hasn't been revealed. Also, I think he only comes when Bran and the others make it to the other side of the wall. So maybe next season we will see him, or the one after that.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

[Show]
Pretty sure the Purple Wedding and subsequent fallout will be more than enough payback for the sandy vaginas out there.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I assume the second chart will change in the future?

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/game-of- ... phics.html