Sherlock Holmes

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sherlock Holmes

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I saw this over the last weekend. I want to say that it was as good if not better than the first. The reason I phrase it like that is that I watched this movie with a different perspective than I did the first. In the first movie everything was much a surprise and this time I found myself looking for all the clues that he was looking at. Like noticing the headline of a newspaper or something on someones coat or even some conversation that was taking place behind the people we were focusing on. Subconsciously being more observant to counter any surprises I guess. I really did like this movie though and recommend it to anyone, especially if you saw the first.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Sherlock Holmes

Post by Zamtuk »

Not at all. This movie was complete shit. I thought the first one was very good and surprising, so I was holding this one to the same standard. It failed horribly. There was barely any cerebral things to figure out and a whole messliad of action scenes. And that ending? GTFO. To me, this movie is what I expected the first one to be going into it.
[Show]
I don't care if he had that inhaler, no one was surviving that fall.
Fuck Michigan!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

[Show]
I agree with you on that. The fall should have killed him. If on the off chance he did survive the fall there would be broken limbs or bones on top of the already injured right shoulder. He should have drown. I still enjoyed the movie though. But that's me :)
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

I rather enjoyed it too, if there is a third one I will be watching it too
Fortune favors the brave!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Evidently you guys are unfamiliar with the source material. This sort of ridiculous escape from certain death was a major feature of every Holmes / Prof M. confrontation in the books, and not big on realism there either. Not sure how you came by the action complaint, if anything the first one had more frivilous action than this one, with the fight scenes all over the place. Where this one killed was the interaction between Prof M. and Holmes. The scene where he trumps him in the opera house in particular was one of the best scenes I have seen in a movie in the last couple years.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower