The Walking Dead

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Nick »

Great show. Although season 2 was a bit lame, what with all the problems the production team had. Lori's death was also pretty poorly directed, imo.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Zaelath wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Winnow wrote:hershel gets back on his foot
fixed
That's gotta be the strangest conversation ever, "So, hey. Thanks for field amputating my foot with an axe. No, seriously, thanks."
The cleanest and most efficient way to chop off a leg, no doubt.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Goddamn Merle!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I really hope Merle's brother (his name is evading me right now) is the one to off him. And it's time Andrea gets killed.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I really like the comic book version of Andrea, but the TV version is totally unlikable. I dislike her as much as I did Lori.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

At first I thought that Andrea was turning out to be some kind of whore but then I thought about it a bit more. If she were a man and the governor was a woman then it would be alright? Kind of a double standard. So I think if she is looking to get shagged she may as well shag the guy in power instead of some lowly wall guard.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bubba Grizz wrote:At first I thought that Andrea was turning out to be some kind of whore but then I thought about it a bit more. If she were a man and the governor was a woman then it would be alright? Kind of a double standard. So I think if she is looking to get shagged she may as well shag the guy in power instead of some lowly wall guard.
That isn't why I dislike her. I started to dislike her when she wanted to off herself and Dale stopped her, and she kept whining about it. I was able to look past it though, as she seemed to eventually be shaping her shitty attitude up a bit. Then she got close to Shane, who was a total sack of shit, and started sharing his disgusting outlook on pretty much everything. Then he dies, and she splits from the group, and finds Michelle. At first I was pissed, because I wanted nothing more than for Andrea to fucking die a slow painful death, but then for a brief few minutes it started to look like maybe they could redeem her character.

THEN they find the governor. After all her experience with how this zombie situation has brought out the worst in almost everyone left, she doesn't even doubt the pleasentville facade they have up for a second... EVEN with Merle there, who she knows is a sick psychotic fucker. She continues to keep her eyes shut to all the clues around her that Michelle is picking up on, and then to put the cherry on the top, she starts fucking the lunatic governor.

She is so dumb, clueless and annoying that it actually detracts from the show for me at times. I hope they kill her soon, it's way past due.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Yeah, I don't care about how much she wants to get laid, besides she's pretty sexual in the comics, too. I just can't stand her utter lack of judgement, and her apparent lack of loyalty. I'm sure the lure of some semblance of normalcy is a powerful draw in that scenario, but she just turns her back on Michone, to whom she basically owes her life at this point, with such ease that I can't really forgive that. There's a lot of other little stuff, too but ultimately I just can't stand what they've turned this character into on the TV series. The sooner she dies, the better.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:Yeah, I don't care about how much she wants to get laid, besides she's pretty sexual in the comics, too. I just can't stand her utter lack of judgement, and her apparent lack of loyalty. I'm sure the lure of some semblance of normalcy is a powerful draw in that scenario, but she just turns her back on Michone, to whom she basically owes her life at this point, with such ease that I can't really forgive that. There's a lot of other little stuff, too but ultimately I just can't stand what they've turned this character into on the TV series. The sooner she dies, the better.
Pretty much. And you can replace "Michelle" with "Michone" in my post. Fucked her name up when I was typing that.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

She basically made herself an outsider when her sister died, not that she was uber-useful prior to that. And yeah, picking a safe haven full of strangers over Michone (who protected her and she should trust) deserves a good death.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Michonne has been a complete cunt in the show and I want her to die. Shane was possibly the most sensible person in that entire group and it was not for his weakness for the most annoying poon left in the world at that point, he would have been fine once he left those idiots. Rick was and always is a dumbass who really needs someone to take him out.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

He doesn't like the black girl, and he thinks the dude that was a total psychotic (literally towards the end) douche was the most sensible person of the group. I'm stunned.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

They flipped their roles from the comic. In the comic, Michonne was a reasonable intelligent person. In the show she has been a complete cunt with a horrible attitude in every single scene. In the comic, Shane was a complete nutjob. In the show, he was making better decisions than Rick. Rick is a complete dispshit in both.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I don't think Michonne is being a cunt, and I certainly think she is intelligent. She is suspicious of EVERYONE, which we've seen throughout the course of the show is the best possible way to be. And her instincts have been right and kept her alive thus far.

Shane was a complete nutjob in the show, too. He had let go of his humanity, betrayed everyone in almost every way he could, including his best friend. Those aren't characteristic of someone making the right decisions, if he had led the group, he would have tossed people away one by one until there was no one left but him, probably making season 3 about the end of the show.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Kilmoll must be watching some kind of fan-made show. The character portrayals couldn't be much farther from the TV show.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Rick makes bad decision after bad decision....to the point where I stopped reading the comic at 90 or so just because it was maddening to see how stupid he really was.

Shane would have made hard decisions and that group most decidedly would have been smaller as he cut dead weight, but I liked their chances of surviving MUCH more than with Rick. It just might have made for a much shorter series.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Shane was pretty much a dickbag, but I agree that he would have made better (i.e. realistic) decisions. Still, we would have been stuck with anal-meningitis Lori.

Looking forward to reunion with Merle and the group. Smart move on Merle's part by making off with Glenn and the farmer's daughter gal. Michonne is pretty unlikable so far, but she makes the right decisions (so far) and seems to do the right thing (re: bringing baby food/warning group).

Back to the zombie-guts deterrent, since the group figured that out in Atlanta, why the fuck haven't they used the zombie-camo since??
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Good Episode. I'm ok with how Michonne has been in the show.

I think the issues between Shane and Rick made for interesting TV. They should have had Shane stick around and offed Lori a little earlier so it wouldn't be an issue.

Rick's imaginary telephone chats with Lori was just boring, along with his prolonged isolation.

I agree Andrea is annoying. She's been annoying almost from the start. Michonne should have killed her. Unless they had some sort of lesbian thing going on in the comics that I don't know about, I don't know why she would have kept her around.

Looking forward to Michonne joining the main group and I'm also glad she'll give them a heads up on the Governor so they don't have to waste several episodes discovering what he's all about.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Winnow wrote:I agree Andrea is annoying. She's been annoying almost from the start. Michonne should have killed her. Unless they had some sort of lesbian thing going on in the comics that I don't know about, I don't know why she would have kept her around.
[Show]
In the comics, Andrea isn't separated from the group, so she's at the prison. There's no Andrea/Michonne storyline to speak of.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xatrei wrote:
Winnow wrote:I agree Andrea is annoying. She's been annoying almost from the start. Michonne should have killed her. Unless they had some sort of lesbian thing going on in the comics that I don't know about, I don't know why she would have kept her around.
[Show]
In the comics, Andrea isn't separated from the group, so she's at the prison. There's no Andrea/Michonne storyline to speak of.
Ah, sounds like maybe a little off decision on the producers part then. Perhaps there wasn't enough to make the Governor's camp seem interesting without throwing Andrea in for dialog parts with the Governor. From someone that hasn't read the books, the whole governor thing seems like it could have been completely omitted so far. I'll have to read the comics soon to see how this all went down originally. While the show is excellent, the flow of this part seems a little off so far.

-----

On another note, I started playing the Walking Dead episodic game last night and am really enjoying it. It's less action and more story/puzzle/decision driven. The cell shaded style graphics are great. It's a completely different story so no harm in playing it along with watching the show and reading the comics. You have to make some serious choices within just a few seconds which have a big impact on the story. Just wanted to recommended it here. I'll follow up on it later on the Walking Dead game thread. Can play it on PC/Xbox/PS3 or iOS device.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The Walking Dead cell-shader is fantastic. Reminds me I think there should be a new episode out!
en kærlighed småkager
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Winnow wrote:Ah, sounds like maybe a little off decision on the producers part then. Perhaps there wasn't enough to make the Governor's camp seem interesting without throwing Andrea in for dialog parts with the Governor. From someone that hasn't read the books, the whole governor thing seems like it could have been completely omitted so far. I'll have to read the comics soon to see how this all went down originally. While the show is excellent, the flow of this part seems a little off so far.
You really should check out the comic books. While in the TV series they generally follow the comic's storyline, they change things up enough to keep you guessing on what's going to happen.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xatrei wrote:
Winnow wrote:Ah, sounds like maybe a little off decision on the producers part then. Perhaps there wasn't enough to make the Governor's camp seem interesting without throwing Andrea in for dialog parts with the Governor. From someone that hasn't read the books, the whole governor thing seems like it could have been completely omitted so far. I'll have to read the comics soon to see how this all went down originally. While the show is excellent, the flow of this part seems a little off so far.
You really should check out the comic books. While in the TV series they generally follow the comic's storyline, they change things up enough to keep you guessing on what's going to happen.
I'm a little late to the party but I'll read them. (just grabbed them all off the newsgroups through issue #104) I avoided them because I'm not big on zombies but it looks like this is a case where the quality is too good to pass up. I'm already through the second episode of the game as well. (story and people are completely different so it's worth checking out at some point when the first season hits your price point. Season Two (5 more episodes for 2013 has been confirmed by Telltale Games, available on every platform except Android)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

S03E07

Solid episode. A lot of the episode was about Michonne observing Rick and his group to see if they were reliable and competent.

Merle is still and asshole!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Winnow wrote:S03E07

Solid episode. A lot of the episode was about Michonne observing Rick and his group to see if they were reliable and competent.

Merle is still and asshole!
And the Governor was seeming a bit rapey.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Glenn was a badass in this one!
en kærlighed småkager
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Canelek wrote:Glenn was a badass in this one!
Yeah, he was impressive. I was cringing in most of his scenes though. I felt bad for him.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

S03E08 = Good Stuff!

I know there's a suspension of belief involved but anyone that gets their eye stabbed out with a shard of glass isn't going to be giving speeches the same night.

Interesting ending with Merle having the opportunity to switch sides again (I guess). It kinda feels like one of the brothers is going to die soon but who knows.

Andrea sure takes a long time to get a clue. Hate her character up to this point.

Oh...the black guy died again. Replacement black guy shows up the same episode! lol

Michonne is a bad-ass. It would be nice if the group started trusting her.

I like Rick's son a little more after this episode.

Great last episode before the break. The next one should be great as well in February.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Thank god the creepy zombie daughter is dead. She freaked me out.

I do not want to wait until February!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Winnow wrote:Oh...the black guy died again. Replacement black guy shows up the same episode! lol
Tyreese is a comic book favorite. At this stage, I'd given up on seeing him in the series.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

T-dogg dies, Black Inmate is introduced.

Black Inmate dies, Tyrese is introduced! :D

They're used up just like toiletpaper, as soon as one roll is used, replaced with a new one!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The last few episodes have been lacking and slow. I'm sick and tired of the governor.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I agree, however I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon, unfortunately.

Personally, the best thing that could happen to this show, in my opinion: Andrea falls out of a 3rd story window of a building and lands on the governor, killing them both. She has screwed up too much, is too naive, and is overall a worthless obnoxious character, and they should have killed her off a loooooong time ago.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I agree, however I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon, unfortunately.

Personally, the best thing that could happen to this show, in my opinion: Andrea falls out of a 3rd story window of a building and lands on the governor, killing them both. She has screwed up too much, is too naive, and is overall a worthless obnoxious character, and they should have killed her off a loooooong time ago.
Yeah, I'm kinda looking forward to see what the governor does to Andria in that chair. I'll be cheering him on.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah she the only character I'd like to see killed off that I think there's a chance of them actually killing.

The governor is too good of a villain. They'd have to replace him to keep the show going, the zombies aren't enough. The creators did say at least one more person will die this season.

As an aside; there is a honors seminar course at my school this summer "surviving the zombie apocalypse". Don't think I've ever been this excited about a class.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Funkmasterr wrote:The governor is too good of a villain. They'd have to replace him to keep the show going, the zombies aren't enough.
[Show]
Negan. A lot more badass than the governor.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Thank GOD
[Show]
Andria
's finally dead!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yup, the only highlight. Overall, I was really let down.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Agreed.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Meh. Well, they certainly dragged her scenes out.

Pretty weak last several episodes. Not sure how long they can keep the series going. Just not too much interesting going on.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

[Show]
The copy I downloaded had fucked up audio and video right as they walked into the prison after getting with all the governors peeps. Is this really where it ended? I'll try and find a new copy otherwise, but I saw complaints of this on all the well seeded copies.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I don't think there was actually any more dialog after that. There was a repackaged x264 (audio corrected) posted within an hour of the one with bad audio. It's probably been DMCAed by now, but it might still be out there.
[Show]
There wasn't really anything more to it the episode though. They just got all of the old and infirm Woodbury survivors into the prison, Carl got pissed and walked away and then it showed a grave in the grave yard.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm a little concerned that the Governor was resigned to be a regular on the show or next season. The whole prison/governor storyline has been the worst of the stories so far.

I haven't read the comics. I really hope something new develops soon or the show could start sucking as it has the past few episodes.

They need to get out of the prison and show something new. This could turn into HEROES where the first two seasons were good and then it went downhill fast.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hope the new season of Walking Dead is still good!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Holy shit.

What a great final episode until it resumes in February! Walking Dead has been kind of slow recently but this week's episode made up for a lot questionable episodes. It's like "Game of Throne's Red Wedding" good.

The two episodes leading up to the finale were decent as well but nothing like the chaotic craziness of this one.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Really solid mid-season finale. This season has been a huge improvement over the last, but the pacing is still off at times. It ain't the best, but it is still fun for me.

Spoiler thoughts:
[Show]
About damn time they were forced from the prison. That was getting a bit tired.

Herschel knew he was a goner by that look of utter defeat during gov and rick's "negotiation". Well-played.

I'd hazard a guess that the second half of the season revolves around everyone trying to hook up again.

Did the little kids save the infant? The empty and slightly bloody baby seat suggest otherwise, but I'm not sure if the writers want to fuck Rick and Carl up much more than they already are.

Looking forward to Tyreese/Daryl/Carol reunion.

Who the fuck was feeding rats to the zombies and what was with that shrine Tyreese pointed out prior to the tank blast?

Weeeeee!
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

[Show]
I think the kid is gone. They killed Lori and the baby in the comics and I think they are following that here for convenience. It would be impossible to care for an infant on the run.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

[Show]
Valid point, but I am now thinking Michonne has her since she had a emotional baby moment with her earlier in the season.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Solid start to the latest set of Walking Dead episodes.

The makeup job they did on Rick's face was great. Happy to be rid of the prison base.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The show is simply better when people are not holed-up somewhere. Of course, in a similar scenario, finding a good spot to hunker down would be vital to survival--just makes for some boring TV at times.

Noticed in opening credits that Kirkman wrote the teleplay. Is he a usual contributor or am I just noticing him in the credits for the first time (outside of the show crediting his books)?
en kærlighed småkager