LOST: Season 5

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: LOST: Season 5

Post by Lalanae »

Kaldaur wrote:Yeah, I suppose so, miir. It makes me sad though. Think of the possibilities....but then we'd have to give up Ben, and I'm pretty sure he's one of the top 5 TV characters ever. I'd hate to see him go before the end.
Why the hate for Juliet? I think she's great. I'm pretty sure Kate needs to be driven off a cliff.
I used to hate Juliet, mainly because of that patronizing smile she used to give the Losties all the time, the "You wouldn't understand, there there, little idiot" smile. Haven't seen that in awhile though since she's just as clueless as the Losties now, so she's moved from hate into take-her-or-leave-her.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I like Juliet more than Kate. Kate makes stupid decision after stupid decision, at least Juliet has somewhat of a brain. I may also be biased by memories of Gia...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

So I was thinking that was the most boring episode ever... until they BLEW MY FUCKING MIND in the last 3 minutes.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I would just quote myself from last week, but I'll just say "dito" to miir instead.

yes, I know they aren't filler episodes...they just don't move along at the speed I'd like...time feels wasted to me.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I like Juliet more than Kate. Kate makes stupid decision after stupid decision, at least Juliet has somewhat of a brain. I may also be biased by memories of Gia...
I like Juliet way more than Kate as well, but I may have some bias... Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) lives a couple minutes from the house I grew up in near Seattle. I served her lunch a few times. She's really nice from what I can tell. :)
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Great episode! Lots of character examination with Kate and Sawyer and now it makes sense why Kate suddenly decided to come back to the island. Eric and I both got choked up during the Kate/Clair's mom/Aaron goodbye segment. The scene with Hurley & Miles discussing time travel was hilarious. I liked that they closed showing Ben & Locke. Even though episodes are typically focused on one group at a time, its nice to get a little taste of what's going on with the other folks.

Looks like Kate and Sawyer are officially over. I'm gonna guess that Sawyer will get the axe this season since he's "grown up" finally. The island has a way of killing off those right after they successfully battle their demons.

Can't wait for next week. It looks like we'll see Ben and young Rousseau and find out what really happened with the Alex-napping. They showed a shot of Ben on a dock with a gun, during the day, so maybe we'll see why he was so bloody in that phone call dock scene a few episodes back.
Lalanae
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

How about last night, did enough happen for people?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I had a sinking feeling all night Ben was going to die because we'd been given the "This Is Your Life" routine like it's done with other characters when they're about to be killed off. Was relieved to see he wasn't! We finally learned whether he killed Penny or not, so that was good. And what the new "survivors" are up to is an interesting development. I wonder if they're a new tactic used by Whidmore to get back to the island. All in all a good episode.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Oh yeah, last night was the type of episode I look for on a weekly basis :) Perfect episode from start to finish, imo...specially alex.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I love this show.
[Show]
So Miles is from the island, and redhead girl was from the island... I take it Farraday was born there too?

I heard someone on the radio this morning speculating that the guy who kidnapped miles in the van was one of the guys working with the woman who put Sayid on the plane and is currently on the island in Future time. Anyone confirm?

Dead guy on the table (Felix?) confirmed that Widmore staged the plane crash, then probably had him killed as a cover-up. Ruthless bastard.

WTF is up with "The Shadow of the Statue"?

This is kind of interesting, the script for the pilot of Lost. Someday I'd like to be a screenwriter.

Go Blue!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I really enjoyed this episode.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Sylvus wrote:I love this show.
[Show]
So Miles is from the island, and redhead girl was from the island... I take it Farraday was born there too?

I heard someone on the radio this morning speculating that the guy who kidnapped miles in the van was one of the guys working with the woman who put Sayid on the plane and is currently on the island in Future time. Anyone confirm?

Dead guy on the table (Felix?) confirmed that Widmore staged the plane crash, then probably had him killed as a cover-up. Ruthless bastard.

WTF is up with "The Shadow of the Statue"?

This is kind of interesting, the script for the pilot of Lost. Someday I'd like to be a screenwriter.

Refresh my memory cause I'm drawing a blank -- who is Felix? Anyways, the guy in the van was definitely one of the guys on the beach after the crash. I'm not really sure who they are. I guess they could be working for Ben/Others. The Shadow of the Statue could refer to the temple.

We had been told before that orientation movie guy was Miles' father, right? I think it was mentioned in that comic con video they released that had him shooting some covert film with what sounded like Daniel being the guy behind the camera. Anyways, for whatever reason I already had it in my head that he was Miles' father so that wasn't a big shocker. Loved getting more information about Miles and his ability, great character! The way the one worker died, the filling shooting out of his head, was awesome. And seeing Hurley watch them stamp the numbers on the hatch was awesome.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Felix was the random dude on the table that Miles talked to to prove to Whitmore he would be good for the job.
The guy in the van is currently working with Ilyana on our present-island, the one where Locke and Ben currently reside. Speculation puts them with a third faction, possibly one connected with the Dharma Initiative.

So far we have the Others. They are natives to the island. We then have Whitmore and his cronies. These two have been battling, with Ben and Whitmore as the two heads of these opposing sides. We are starting to see a third major player emerge, as (so far) led by Ilyana on the beach. The "What lies under the shadow of the statue" question could be a password or secret phrase, so if you know the answer you clearly have undergone some sort of test or orientation. If you remember from last week's episode, Ilyana and beardy-guy asked Lepidus about it, but he didn't know, so they knocked him out. I'm thinking that this third faction is connected to Dharma, and may have been responsible for sending Dharma in the first place. Once Dharma was eliminated, they have been seeking other ways to return to the island/harness it's power, similar to what the Dharma Initiative was trying to do before the Purge.

There is also another theory that Whitmore is connected to Paik Automotive, which is Sun's father's company. The show's writers love stressing all these daddy issues: Jack, Ben, Sun, Miles, Kate, Michael/Walt, Hurley, the list goes on. I won't be at all surprised if Sun's father has a larger role to play in everything going on.

As usual, my Lost posts are rambling and jump from topic to topic. There is just so much going on in this show, I want to cover it all. It's sad how excited I get for the one show on television that consistently delivers an A+ story.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

So I wonder if the well-loved character killed off this season is Daniel? I wonder if the shot was fatal...

Good episode, filled in some holes. I'm glad they didn't bring back the wired-jaw actress to play Daniel's mother lol

It looks like we may have an end-game goal in sight now, with the hydrogen bomb being the means to "correct" history (if it in fact is a correction). Would be nice to see the show end with the Oceanic flight landing in L.A. with the crash never happening...oh wait no it wouldn't. :(
Lalanae
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Daniel is dead. Cuse and Lindelof confirmed that they let Davies go from his full-time status as a cast member.

I think that they will try to complete Daniel's idea to use the hydrogen bomb, but that the bomb is what ends up causing the incident, thus starting this whole chain of events that leads to the button needing to be pressed and the planecrash of our castaways. Of course, the hole in this theory is how would this chain even have gotten started? If the first timeline hadn't been polluted by their efforts, then the bomb would not have been detonated, thus ensuring they would have never come to the island. So how could they go back in time to set the bomb off? I'm seeing a great deal of holes in the story right now, but they're at least attempting to justify the time travel aspects, so I'm giving them an A for effort.

More daddy/mommy issues!

Next week may be a Richard episode (omgomgomg).
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm seeing a great deal of holes in the story right now
This is not Heroes... they are not making it up as they go along.
The only holes that you're seeing are the holes in your own personal theories about what you think is going to happen. :D
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Dude, Lindelof and Cuse write to me for ideas. Don't mock teh Kal-Brain.

Lal, there is going to be another major death this season. Faraday's was 'big'; the other one is going to be 'Charlie' big. This is taken from westeros.org, which quoted it from the Fuselage:
[Show]
There is going to be a 'major' death, apparently on the level of Charlie's or higher. Daniel's only ranks as a 'major-ish' death according to the producers. That would seem to rule out Miles who, despite his recent flashback episode, is still only a minor character in the grand scheme of things.

Speculation is running rampant on who it will be. Elizabeth Mitchell claims she's signed up for Season 6 despite working on the V revamp, so Juliet appears to be safe. The triangle will apparently survive into the final season as well, which seems to rule out Sawyer, Jack and Kate. Killing off Locke or Ben would seem pointless at this stage, though Ben dying in an unexpected manner in the S5 finale whilst prepping the war against Widmore and the new faction could be interesting. Would they have the balls to off one of their biggest assets, no matter that he might appear in the final season in flashbacks?

That leaves the only real viable choices as Jin, Sun, Desmond, Sayid or Hurley. Any one of these deaths would have an impact similar to that of Charlie, since they're either S1 characters or a major fan favourite (Desmond). Sayid's story in particular seems to be done and after shooting an unarmed kid, I think karma has it in for him. However, E!Online has said that it's not Sayid, and Sayid is pretty much always the favourite in these discussions. Desmond may also be the only 'proper' Variable, in which case his survival would seem to be assured. That said, he got off the Island, he had three happy years with Penny and his death would send shockwaves through the fanbase without getting people to turn off. It would make his story the most tragic one of the series by far. Jin has come so far that killing him off now would seem to be pointless and redundant. Sun is a possibility. She's done some bad things and after she reunits with Jin I'm not sure what more she has to contribute to the story. That said, killing them both off seconds after they reunite seems pointless. Hurley? I really doubt it somehow. The producers have indicated that he's so popular they can't really kill him off without getting a lot of problems from it.

My money is on Desmond, Sayid or, since the actress may have been lying to cover the producer's plans, Juliet.

Miir, in all seriousness, my point was that they have to find a story that doesn't make the Losties be responsible for their own plane crash. It seemed to me that they were setting us up for that with Daniel spouting off the stuff about the nuke to Jack and Kate. If they try and execute his plan, suddenly believing him because he's a corpse, and they end up causing the accident that will directly lead to their plane crashing, it's creates a temporal paradox. How could they have created it in the past if they had never crashed on the island to begin with?
Like you said, we'll see the theory debunked, I'm sure. I'm just pointing out they have to be careful where they head with time travel. So far, they've done an amazing job making sure the 'logic' of the situation stays intact.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Dude, your head is gonna assplode!
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Dude.
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

this episode made me sad. i liked daniel. however, it was a pretty stupid move to roll into the others' camp alone and point a gun at richard.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I'm having some timeline continuity issues, so let me see if I've got this straight...
[Show]
  1. In 2004/2007 Eloise and Widmore meet up outside of Desmond's hospital, where Eloise slaps him and basically admits she knows she's sacrificing their son
  2. Back in '77, Daniel charged into the other's camp, in an effort to get the H-bomb and set everything right.
  3. Daniel's mother shoots him
  4. Daniel looks at her and says "You knew?!"
Doesn't that mean that for the "normal" timeline, that this always happened and that Daniel wasn't actually changing anything?

If that's the case, is going after the H-Bomb what always happened, and setting it off won't actually change the fate of Oceanic 815?

/edit: Or, now that I think about it... was that hospital visit after the Oceanic 6 had been sent back to the island, so it was already in the alternate timeline, and she was sending him back to die in the hopes that he would change things, even though she knew that he would die because she remembers killing him? But if that's the case, wouldn't she also remember whether or not that ended up working? I think I'm starting to confuse myself...
Here's another question/theory I just heard this morning...
[Show]
I don't recall if I heard it here or read it on another board, but re: Richard Alpert's eyeliner. I think someone said that might fit in with the whole Egyptian Mythology theme. Not sure if we've talked about it but:
Richard Alpert = R.A. = Ra???
And another thing someone brought up on this radio show I was listening to
[Show]
I don't think we have seen the Smoke Monster whatsoever back in 77 yet. We also haven't seen the destroyed statue back then, and we know that women could still have babies on the island. Is the H-bomb going to go off, destroy the statue and create/release the smoke monster?
I seriously think this show is getting stronger and stronger. It's refreshing to see a series head that direction, rather than go the Heroes route.

Go Blue!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

The problem with time travel plots is always the huge number of paradoxes that occur. Trying to make sense of them is like a lesson in futility. Still, it's entertaining! My thoughts:

- She sent Daniel back knowing she'll shoot him. I'm thinking the thing that's different is the Oceanic 6 going back to the island, that they're there to break the cycle. If that's so, then the bomb was never set off because they were never there to convince Eloise after she had shot Dan.

- re: Richard Alpert. Everything I've ever seen that actor in he's had the "eyeliner". I'm pretty sure it's just his natural eyes. That doesn't exactly throw out that he's some kind of avatar or something, but don't let it be the driving factor.

- You're right that there hasn't been any sign of the smoke monster back in '77. I can't comment on the status of the statue tho.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I mentioned Richard's initials possibly being significant earlier in this thread with the discussion of Egyptian mythology. ;)

The statue "disappeared" when the losties jumped the last time correct? Locke turned the wheel and that was the last jump right? My understanding is that it was already destroyed prior to 77. The heiroglyphs we saw when Ben summoned Smokey again confirmed to me that we are dealing with Anubis. My guess is that the statue is Anubis and it was destroyed a long time ago, possible when he was trapped? The creators emphasized early on that the story would have a good vs evil (dark vs light) path and you don't get closer to dark vs light than Anubis (underworld) vs Ra (sun). Of course I'm still sticking to my theory that Jacob is Anubis (Jackal -> Jacob) and that Smokey is Cerberus, his guard dog :) (Recall that Anubis & Smoky were depicted separately in the image)

We haven't seen the smoke monster and it would make sense that the bomb sets it free, but wouldn't the bomb essentially destroy the island? I like the idea that "the incident" sets it free, but I think the incident must have been something less catastrophic.
Last edited by Lalanae on May 7, 2009, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lalanae
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Re: Richard's eyeliner. It's his natural eyes (very thick eyelashes)

http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2009/01 ... e-make-up/

P.S. He really is mad sexy
Lalanae
nneenaK
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by nneenaK »

I still can't shake the feeling that Richard is Jacob.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

The actor who will be playing Jacob was cast as "Man #1" in the finale. We're going to get to meet him.
Sylvus, Daniel was talking to the young woman, but he was really referring to his much older mother. She knew she was going to shoot him when he sent her back. I believe that Daniel, who thought he was creating all these new ideas and had found a way to disrupt the previous timeline, is actually just completing the normal timeline. Meaning, they set the bomb off before in the past, thus fulfilling this chain of events. Jack thinks he's doing something different, but in reality, this is exactly the way it was done before.
That's my idea, anyway. I can safely bet that they will not erase everything that has happened, because to do so would leave fans feeling cheapened; why would we go on this journey if not to see them reach a new point in their lives? To send them back to the broken people they were before the island would make the entire story meaningless.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think they go at it from the standpoint of time travel changes nothing. The end result still remains, you can only cause a "hickup" in the time line before it corrects itself to the events that must happen. Like that shitty movie "The Time Machine" with Guy Pierce...he invented the time machine as to save his girlfriend from dying...the problem is, everytime he saved her from one death, she still died from another...time marches on, so to speak, regardless of what we try to change, the outcomes must remain.
[Show]
So, yes, I would also agree that what Jack thinks is something different, is actually exactly what he is supposed to do. Changing nothing. Also, Richard said he watched them all die in 1977, and that's how he knew them already in 2007 :) Now, that doesn't necessarily mean they deployed and detonated the Hbomb...because, let's be honest, I don't think even Sayid would know how to do that...let alone Jack...so I'd say they aren't blowing up the H bomb anytime soon.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Will Jack and Kate = Adam and Eve skeletons from season 1?
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Gonzoie - Luclin wrote:Will Jack and Kate = Adam and Eve skeletons from season 1?
I forgot about that. If so, that would support Kal's argument above that setting the bomb off is what had previously happened.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

That's one of the big questions, who exactly is Adam and Eve. Right now, there are four or five big combos: Jack/Kate, Kate/Sawyer, Sawyer/Juliet, Rose/Bernard, or Jin/Sun. Since we are supposed to have a big death at the end of season 5, one of these lists will probably be eliminated. I'm guessing Sawyer/Juliet, simply because I think she's in the crosshairs.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Wouldn't it be weird if they set the bomb off and ended up slightly changing the future? A different flight still crashes but it was with different people. Maybe that already happened before and this is why Eloise doesn't know what will happen because these are new people from her previous time line. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Well since we are seeing that several of the people on the flight have connections to the island pre-crash, I don't think its likely. I think there are still more connections to the island yet to be revealed. There is a strong indication that Sun's father is connected to the island and I'm still convinced that Walt's mother was from the island (and that Walt was conceived on the island---and not by Michael---which would explain his powers and the Others interest in him). I would not be suprised if we find out that Hurley's father was once part of Dharma (although I'm not sure the timeline works out right to use that as an explanation of his disappearance when Hurley was a kid).

Now I wouldn' be suprised if the timeline IS altered just a little, and that maybe it's been altered just a little many many times, as the key manipulators keep tweaking the "formula" to try and get the desired end result.

I was just thinking about "the list" and wonder if maybe the list was given to the Others by someone from the future, a list of people that would either help or hinder an objective. I had previously thought that the list was some kind of indicator of "good" people (vs "bad" people), but now I wonder if its just a part of the timeline manipulation process.

Another thing I've been thinking about is why Sun did not go back in time like everyone else? (I'm assuming that Ben & Locke didnt go back because they had turned the wheel) Is it because she conceived a child on the island and left? If my Walt theory is correct, Sun will get sick and die and her daughter will have supa powars. Walt's mother died of a mysterious "blood disorder" and Miles mom was dying of something last we see her. Seems to be a pattern to me! Of course Miles was born on the island pre-whatever-happened-that-caused-the-dying-mother-issue, instead of off the island, but there seems to be something up with spooky island babies and their dead mommies. Maybe women who leave the island with island-conceived babies are punished. Maybe having an island baby changes their body chemistry in such a way that they end up dying. Of course my theory that Hugo is an island baby (he does see dead people ya know) doesn't jive with this theory.

I can't believe there is only 1 episode + 1 season left. yikes.
Lalanae
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Kaldaur wrote:That's one of the big questions, who exactly is Adam and Eve. Right now, there are four or five big combos: Jack/Kate, Kate/Sawyer, Sawyer/Juliet, Rose/Bernard, or Jin/Sun. Since we are supposed to have a big death at the end of season 5, one of these lists will probably be eliminated. I'm guessing Sawyer/Juliet, simply because I think she's in the crosshairs.
There is another theory (some claim it comes from unsubstantiated spoiler material) that Adam & Eve are Aaron & Ji Yeon (Sun's kid). Supposedly (again, unsubtantiated spoiler), we will see the two together, as adults, on the island at some point in the future (yet actually in the past).
Lalanae
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Man, people are getting out of control with their predictions and theories...

They have one season left, I really doubt that they will develop an entire storyline involving Walt, Michael, Sun's father or some other crackpot idea to explain the skeletons found in the cave in season 1.

Lost is filled with red herrings... the 'adam and eve' skeletons are probably one of them.

I think the writers are going to have their work cut out for them just trying to close off the stories for the main characters...
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Actually the creators said a long time ago that the identities of Adam and Eve would be significant and part of the evidence that they knew from season 1 where the story was going, so not a red herring.

Also, there is already evidence that Sun's father & Widmore have business relations, but how deep they go is unknown. They will most certainly explain Walt before the series is over. Michael's story has already been told, so no, they won't create a story line around Michael, but Walt's connection to the island will be explained, even though I think its pretty fucking obvious that, like Miles, he gets his abililies as a result of being conceived on the island.
Lalanae
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

White background, black text now.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

That was pretty awesome, but now, the waiting begins. :(
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

the waiting begins.
yeah, but at least we're wait to finally get the ending and be done with it :)
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm assuming a few things were answered lastnight, which is nice:
[Show]
the "entity" is all the people that show up on the island and then disappear to the viewer, most likely? I'm assuming he does this to move the chess pieces in the direction to help him find his loophole to kill his enemy, jacob. Also, another assumption, it was never jacob in the shack. Illana mentions "someone else has been using it", again, my assumption is that the night Ben and Locke went to the shack, it was the "entity" there in the chair. The entity has been Christian Shephard this whole time...etc etc...moving the chess pieces...taking on forms of the losties as to not confuse them with someone they never met, but using people that have a connection to the Lostie being spoken too. For example, when Ben went to face the smoke monster, the entity appeared as Alex, to tell him to follow John Locke without question or perish...allowing the entity to have an easier time with Ben and convincing him that killing jacob was the island's choice.

Are we still working with the egyptian god theory? White outfit v. black outfit? Can egyptian gods kill each other? along with this theory, does that mean Ben can't kill either of them either, because the island saved him by using some of their powers, making Ben sort of like them?

The other "cool" thing is that Jacob seems to know that all these things are going to happen, he even makes sure that Hurley goes back to the island...so is Jacob really "dead"...
I refuse to get any more bullshitty with more theories than that of the above. That just all fits, but as we know with the Lost writers, nothing truly fits anywhere, when you really look at their work.
Last edited by Kluden on May 14, 2009, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

[Show]
Looks more and more like the statue points to Sobek
I have more thoughts about the episode, but it's time for lunch!

Go Blue!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Dunno why we're using spoiler tags since this has always been a spoilerific thread, but I'll play ball!
[Show]
Those fuckers.

Yeah, that's gotta be Sobek. As a god he's a bit unclear, but generally, if I remember right, he's regarded as a force of good. So, assuming that Jacob = Sobek, then I guess the other guy could be Set? His name was never mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's Seth. As an aside, love the guy they got to play him, he can be a good right bastard judging from his past roles :)

So. The nuke. It went off. I can't believe I have to wait, what, half a year?, to find out what happens next. Motherfuckers. And was Juliette the big death or was Locke? Ahh!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Oh, I'm pretty sure it was Locke.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Titus Welliver as the other dude (whoever he may be) really made me happy for some reason. And Jacob is Rita's crazy ex husband from Dexter!

Long months ahead!
Lalanae
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Dregor Thule wrote:Dunno why we're using spoiler tags since this has always been a spoilerific thread, but I'll play ball!
[Show]
Those fuckers.

Yeah, that's gotta be Sobek. As a god he's a bit unclear, but generally, if I remember right, he's regarded as a force of good. So, assuming that Jacob = Sobek, then I guess the other guy could be Set? His name was never mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out it's Seth. As an aside, love the guy they got to play him, he can be a good right bastard judging from his past roles :)

So. The nuke. It went off. I can't believe I have to wait, what, half a year?, to find out what happens next. Motherfuckers. And was Juliette the big death or was Locke? Ahh!
[Show]
The producers have already said it was Juliet
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Tyek wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:Dunno why we're using spoiler tags since this has always been a spoilerific thread, but I'll play ball!
[Show]
Those fuckers.

[Show]
[Show]
until we know what happened, i have a hard time believing she is dead
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Gonzoie - Luclin wrote:
Tyek wrote:
[Show]
Those fuckers.

[Show]
[Show]
until we know what happened, i have a hard time believing she is dead
[Show]
Dead on Lost doesn't mean the end. I mean Jack's Dad has been around 5 seasons since he died. I think I read she is dead, but may come back for some episodes next season
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I forgot to reply to this thread ages ago when the final episode came out.

I thought that final episode, and the couple before it, went a long way to uncovering (whilst deepening) the larger story arc, which was unbelievably satisfying, yet....in that same "oh for fuck sake I still know pretty much nothing about what the actual craic is here).

I didn't really like the earlier part of Season 5 - I'm not being a killjoy, I just didn't engage with it as much as last season, I think primarily I found some of the actual acting a little weak. Whatshisface...the main one...Jack, a couple of scenes seemed really forced, and Kate just seems to become ever more dislikeable as the seasons progress.

Ultimately these are minor gripes, I fucking love Lost, and I can't wait to see what happens. Is this really going to be the last season?

It's one of the few shows I really keep up with, and I'll be sad to see it go, but also furiously expectant to see what I've been actually watching the entire time :P

A couple of times people here have been spot on with their spoilers, whilst other ones have been total red herrings. I won't even try and give any thoughts, I'm just happy to follow the whole thing and continue to be amazed at just quite how fucked up a journey it's all become.

Hurry up next season :O
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Nick wrote:Hurry up next season :O
QFTMFT
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

From an (mildly spoilerific) interview with Matthew Fox comes the following information that isn't really a spoiler, but I'm going to hide it anyway...
[Show]
Matthew Fox says Lost creators Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse will prove they knew where they were going all along when the show ends in "an incredibly powerful, very sad and beautiful way. I think it is going to be pretty awesome."
The only castmember to know what that crazy smoke monster is and how the show ends said, "I think it is going to be very satisfying and cathartic and redemptive and beautiful. I've talked to Damon pretty extensively and every time I talk to him it's sort of surprising how moving it is just to talk about it."

Go Blue!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

My tear ducts are vibrating already
Lalanae