Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

LOST: Season 5

Post by Sylvus »

Let's start a new thread, shall we?

LOST: Season 4 Thread

I don't have a lot to say, still processing last night. I thought it was pretty good though!
[Show]
What's up with the one girl's nosebleeds? Faraday seems to know what's up... wasn't that happening to people (including Desmond) when they'd individually jump between times? That's why he needed to find Penny to be his anchor, right?

Should Hurley have turned himself in to the cops? Sayid told him not to trust Ben, but I think that might have been a bad call!

Who hired the people who were going to give Kate the blood test? I say it was Ben manipulating her into going back to the island.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Re: LOST: Season 5

Post by Tyek »

Yeah it was a good episode.
[Show]
I think you are right and he is worried because he knows what happens without the anchor
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I just started watching season 1 this week... I hope to be caught up sometime in April.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

[Show]
She's definitely becoming unstuck. Thought it was awesome how the ghost whisperer went and found the dead boar :D

I think Whidmore and Sun were behind the blood test. I think that they're the ones manipulating Kate. Hurley should have gone with Ben of course, he makes bad decisions all the time! I thought the part with Anna Lucia was very cool too. "By the way, Libby says hi." Things are starting to make sense, somehow. I was heartened to see that Jin is still in the credits. I'm assuming that Faraday's mother is the white-haired time travel lady.

Ok, this post is totally rambling. I just finished watching them and still sorting it out, sorry!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

[Show]
Did anyone else get the impression that the tight little hottie that marched Farraday down to the bomb was also the girl in the bed whose brain he destroyed?
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

[Show]
No, the impression that I got was that it was his mother.
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

[Show]
I thought she might be Penelope's mother
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

[Show]
Well, with the one guy being revealed to be a young Whidmore, and knowing that him and Faraday's mother know each other, and the age thing being what I can judge as about right, I'm pretty confident that it's a good guess.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Per Defamer...
[Show]
That new episode was crammed full of solution-y backstory, as we got history on both the twitchy Faraday (Jeremy Davies) and Charles Widmore's history on the island. Still, one tantalizing strand was left without a bow tied on it: the identity of the above Ellie, a young British girl who Faraday seemed to recognize. At first, Ellie would seem to satisfy two niches already well-plugged on Lost island: she's yet another pinched blonde, as well as the show's umpteenth Brit. But then we remembered a totally random factoid from the pop-up recap: Ms. Hawking (Fionnula Flanagan), the cowl-clad time traveler who the show is heavily implying to be Faraday's mother, has the first name "Eloise." Might Faraday, then, be meeting his mother fifty years prior?

Go Blue!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Before I click on that, is it a spoiler for stuff that hasn't happened already?
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

[Show]
Someone on that site made a great point, the blonde hinted that he was making a move on her after telling everyone he loved the other girl, he replied with something along the lines of "Far from it, you are not my type." I would guess whoever said it was his mom is probably right on.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

Dregor Thule wrote:Before I click on that, is it a spoiler for stuff that hasn't happened already?
no
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I have a broken leg, so I've finally had the time to catch up with Lost. I watched all 4 seasons (some episodes for the 2nd time) and the 3 episodes of season 5 over the last two weeks. This is possibly my favorite TV show ever and having to wait a week between each episode is like torture after I could watch 10 a day of previous seasons.

Anyhow, Season 5 is as good as any season so far and I wish I could skip forward in time to watch some more.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Keverian FireCry wrote:I have a broken leg, so I've finally had the time to catch up with Lost. I watched all 4 seasons (some episodes for the 2nd time) and the 3 episodes of season 5 over the last two weeks. This is possibly my favorite TV show ever and having to wait a week between each episode is like torture after I could watch 10 a day of previous seasons.

Anyhow, Season 5 is as good as any season so far and I wish I could skip forward in time to watch some more.
18 episodes into season 2.
My wife and I are really enjoying it.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I'm with Dregor on the speculation of the blond chick from the past.

Did she have to talk like her jaw was wired shut though? Her voice got on my nerves.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I'm glad someone else noticed that. She sounded pissed off all the time, although, to be fair, I'd be pissed off too if my teeth were glued together.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Man, I was riveted to the screen for the first half of the show with Jin's jumping around. That temple! Intrigue! This season has been so awesome. Where the first few felt like you were being teased along, now you see shit falling into place and it's so rewarding. Was a little sad to see Charlotte die - hot redheads from the UK are always a plus - and I want to know why she speaks Korean. Was she working for Sun's father? It's been implied, or at least I picked it up somewhere, that he has some kind of stake in the whole Island thing, just as Whidmore does. Maybe he was part of the Dharma Initiative with them all back then.

Gah, brain spinning with possibilities!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Yeah that was an amazing exciting episode. I too was riveted.

I too was a little sad over Charlotte's death even though I never cared for her much. I think it's because I like Faraday so much and felt bad for him. It would make sense that she worked for Sun's father. I'm guessing that Sun's father and Widmore have some connection too.

So we know the temple was around in 1988 when Rousseau landed on the island, but was it there when the Losties landed? Was it just never discovered by them? I guess it's possible with the size and landscape of the island, especially if Smokey guards it. Speaking of, Smokey is 3-headed, like Cerebus the 3-headed dog that guarded...something, I don't recall offhand, but I think I'll go look it up. And "the sickness" I wonder what that is? Some kind of possession it appears, but by what? Smokey, maybe something(someone) Smokey is guarding? Then the well...

My brain feels like its going to explode when I try and figure it out lol

I did read a kind of spoiler about a rental of something by the show's creator that may be a clue as to things to come in the show. It won't give any spoilers about reveals or the story, just maybe where the story might take place at some point.
[Show]
They rented a 17th century ship, so maybe we'll get to see some really old flashbacks of the island. My first thought was The Black Rock!! but that was a 19th century ship. Maybe they repurpose it to be the Black Rock, maybe it's another ship.
Lalanae
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Why is this season so awesome? I was giggling like a schoolgirl at the end. When Desmond just walked in out of nowhere, that was perfect!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Lalanae wrote:Yeah that was an amazing exciting episode. I too was riveted.

I too was a little sad over Charlotte's death even though I never cared for her much. I think it's because I like Faraday so much and felt bad for him. It would make sense that she worked for Sun's father. I'm guessing that Sun's father and Widmore have some connection too.

So we know the temple was around in 1988 when Rousseau landed on the island, but was it there when the Losties landed? Was it just never discovered by them? I guess it's possible with the size and landscape of the island, especially if Smokey guards it. Speaking of, Smokey is 3-headed, like Cerebus the 3-headed dog that guarded...something, I don't recall offhand, but I think I'll go look it up. And "the sickness" I wonder what that is? Some kind of possession it appears, but by what? Smokey, maybe something(someone) Smokey is guarding? Then the well...

My brain feels like its going to explode when I try and figure it out lol

I did read a kind of spoiler about a rental of something by the show's creator that may be a clue as to things to come in the show. It won't give any spoilers about reveals or the story, just maybe where the story might take place at some point.
[Show]
They rented a 17th century ship, so maybe we'll get to see some really old flashbacks of the island. My first thought was The Black Rock!! but that was a 19th century ship. Maybe they repurpose it to be the Black Rock, maybe it's another ship.
Cerberus guarded the gate of the Underworld in Greek mythology. I hadn't noticed it was 3-headed, good eye. That might be significant, but then it might just be there to look "cool" and all tendrily. Ok, so that's not a word, but I'm using it anyways.

The sickness is a mystery. I thought she'd just gone off her rocker, had for awhile ever since she said a sickness killed them and we learned there isn't any sickness on the island, but when he tried to shoot her it sort of shot that all to hell. Hah, get it? A pun. A kind of brainwashing is a possibility with this show, so can see that happening. I'm guessing the temple is tied in with the 4-toed statue. The ruins looked kind of Cambodian in style, but with what looked like Egyptian hieroglyphics. If this turns into a the-pyramids-were-landing-platforms-for-4-toed-aliens kind of thing I may have to hit something!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Did anyone post this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJ7bPpI ... r_embedded

The "bookend" narrative of the ComicCon geek was dumb, but the video itself is interesting. Hrm Marvin Candle has a baby boy about 30 years ago, hrmmmm :)
Lalanae
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I hope the answer to all of our questions is not aliens :( I want to say that the creators have explicitly said that was NOT the case, but I don't remember for sure.
Lalanae
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Whoa.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

[Show]
I think Ben just killed Penny! Holy shit.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Wow, where did you come to that conclusion? I mean hell, anything is possible, just seems a bit out of left field. Next few episodes are going to have a lot of flashbacks to the last 36 hours before they went back for some people!
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Dregor Thule wrote:Wow, where did you come to that conclusion? I mean hell, anything is possible, just seems a bit out of left field. Next few episodes are going to have a lot of flashbacks to the last 36 hours before they went back for some people!
[Show]
Think about it. We are not sure if Ben will ever be able to leave the island again, and since he told Whidmore(sp?) that he would take his daughter from him, i assume that he spent his last night going through with killing her. Just seems like the logical reason for him being all beaten ( possibly from desmond seeing it happen ).
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Right, as soon as he said that he had some business to take care of, I knew he was going after Penny. Think about it. He knew Desmond was nearby, which means Penny was there too. He said he had some business with an old friend--his deal with Whidmore for killing Ben's daughter. And he wasn't planning on coming back.
His target was Penny. Now we have to see whether or not he actually went through with it. I can't decide if he did kill Penny, to free Desmond up to return to the island, or if he tried to and Desmond stopped him, and now Desmond will come to the island to try and kill Benjamin. Either way, I can't wait to see the episode that tells us what Ben was doing.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Oh wow, none of that even crossed my mind. I guess it is as plausible an idea as any.

Go Blue!
nneenaK
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by nneenaK »

[Show]
Maybe I missed something, but was there enough time for Des and Penny to sail to LA? I understand that the phone call to Jack was made from the harbor, so that is certainly where the writers are pointing us to, but it could also be a herring.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

nneenaK wrote:
[Show]
Maybe I missed something, but was there enough time for Des and Penny to sail to LA? I understand that the phone call to Jack was made from the harbor, so that is certainly where the writers are pointing us to, but it could also be a herring.
Yeah, remember Des was there with Jack et al. in the chapel?
Lalanae
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Gonzoie - Luclin wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:Wow, where did you come to that conclusion? I mean hell, anything is possible, just seems a bit out of left field. Next few episodes are going to have a lot of flashbacks to the last 36 hours before they went back for some people!
[Show]
Think about it. We are not sure if Ben will ever be able to leave the island again, and since he told Whidmore(sp?) that he would take his daughter from him, i assume that he spent his last night going through with killing her. Just seems like the logical reason for him being all beaten ( possibly from desmond seeing it happen ).
Good call!! I completely forgot about that! Makes perfect sense to me. For some reason I thought Sayid had something to do with it, but your story sounds better.

We also don't know what happened with Kate and Aaron. My guess is that she gave him up to someone, but why, I have no clue.
Lalanae
redeemed
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by redeemed »

Lalanae wrote:We also don't know what happened with Kate and Aaron. My guess is that she gave him up to someone, but why, I have no clue.
Last season Claire (somehow mysteriously in Aaron's room in the middle of the night) told Kate not to take Aaron back to the island. Maybe she just took that advice seriously and decided to give Aaron to Claire's mom? (Since Kate knew where she was.) I'm sure it's more complicated than that but I remembered Claire telling Kate that.

Also my Lost peeps totally pegged Ben as killing Penny too, I hope he didn't!
dulce et decorum est
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

[Show]
Its really the only plausible explanation for where ben went. I don't think he succeeded in any rate, since he said he hit a snag in his plans or whatever to jack on the phone.

I really didn't like last night's episode...I'm still not sure I give a rats ass about what happened to Locke. The ending was the only really cool "lost" part of the episode, with Ben doing Ben stuff...but it still wasn't unexpected, really...I mean, its Ben. I hope next week isn't a filler episode...I don't want to see any more of things off the island, unless they are short flashbacks to explain things, ie. where is aaron, demond/penny, etc. I really don't think whole episodes need to be done in flashback to LA anymore.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I can finally read this thread!

All caught up now!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I thought this weeks episode was one of the best so far (didn't think last weeks was very good).
[Show]
I really like Locke, and really didn't see the whole Ben killing him thing coming :O
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

Nick wrote:I thought this weeks episode was one of the best so far (didn't think last weeks was very good).
[Show]
I really like Locke, and really didn't see the whole Ben killing him thing coming :O
[Show]
man the minute ben talked him down off the desk i was like omfg. we already knew for certain that he had "hanged" himself, but if ben talked him out of it, there was only one way he was getting strangled to death. so does this make whidmore the "good" guy?
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

[Show]
I don't think there is such a thing as good or bad in Lost
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I think there ultimately will be a "good" side and a "bad" side, from the perspective of "saving the world." I just think the writers know how to hide who's the good guys and who's the bad guys to keep the audience guessing.
Lalanae
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

I look at it like this. The island (Christian) told Locke he had to die for it to work. Whidmore wanted to prevent his dying, so he's obviously not working towards the same goal as the island. Whether Ben strangled Locke because it was dictated by the island or just because he's such a great fucking bastard seems a bit of a moot point.

So I'm guessing two more weeks of "how did they end up saying yes to Jack" and we'll get back to the island.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Right. Of course we still don't know if "the island" (whatever is personifying the island) is ultimately up to no good. I certainly hope Locke isn't a pawn of evil forces, but the guy has had pretty much the suckiest luck imaginable.

All I know is Widmore (especially the young version) is as douchey as Ben...and the island is a douchbag too. :)
Lalanae
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Life is a douchebag!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Having to wait 6 days and 23 hours for a 'new' episode of Lost is just awful.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Do the new episodes air earlier in the day up in Canada? Ours won't be shown until 8pm central time.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kaldaur wrote:Do the new episodes air earlier in the day up in Canada? Ours won't be shown until 8pm central time.
6 days and 23 hours from the end of the previous episode...
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

THAT FUCKING STATUE!

Great episode, I didn't expect them to pick up with this storyline already, was a pleasant surprise.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Statue was sweet! Many believe that it's an Egyptian statue, and that Richard is related to it in some way.
Hell, many believe a whole lot of things about this show. I'm just so glad it's kicking ass to the nth degree. This season has been incredible.
nneenaK
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by nneenaK »

Sawyer was so full of win with the whole Mr. Eyeliner bit. Speaking of Richard, maybe the statue is of Mr. Eyeliner himself, he is supposedly ancient after all.

Come on...Sawyer and Juliet? They have the chemistry of a brother and sister pair, I was just not buying that relationship.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

holy fucking four toed statue!!!

I swear I felt a collective rush of thrilling WTFOMG with those few seconds. What a Lost-gasm!

Eric thought I was nuts, how squeal-y it made me, but I felt vindicated after seeing how insane it made everyone on the Lostpedia forums.

Horace blowing up a tree was pretty lol.
Lalanae
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Statue definitely looked Egyptian, to go with the hieroglyphics on the temple. The temple itself tho still didn't look Egyptian to me! If Richard Dean Anderson turns out to be Jacob I'll be pissed.

Wait no, that'd be awesome!

edit: Oh, and I like Sawyer and Juliet, I was picking up on that tension in the time they were time jumping all over the place.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Don't forget the heiroglyphics that the "countdown" timer flashed when it ran out! Also, the ankh necklace in this last episode.

Here is a link to the shot of the statue if you want to take a closer peek: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Image:FourToedFull.jpg

What he's holding in both hands looks like the tops of a couple ankhs.

<3 ancient Egypt, so I'm pretty giddy about this direction :)
Lalanae