Breaking Bad

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Zamtuk »

Go ahead, it's not a spoiler, just a bad ass quote from a HUGE moment in season 5.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Zamtuk wrote:Umm, did anyone else watch last night's episode?

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
[Show]
Shut the fuck up Walter, and let me die in peace.
Yeah, I did. I don't think I've ever said "Oh shit!" so many times in one 44-minute period.
[Show]
As soon as Walt opened up the bag in the trunk of the car and saw the pistol, I knew that was coming. I wish it hadn't, but oh well.
Wtf is he going to do now? And why do I have to wait another 10 months after this Sunday???
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

10? I thought it was next Spring!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Summer 2013. Might as well just call it another season really.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

So there is one more episode this year?
[Show]
Yeah this last episode was crazy. However, I've gone from rooting for Walt to kinda hoping his cancer comes back and he dies slow, like his wife.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Uggg... Don't want to wait 10 months for this to finish.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Lynks wrote:Summer 2013. Might as well just call it another season really.
Apparently they are, though given the last 3 seasons had 13 episodes, I think they're full of shit.

More annoyed by being gipped of 5 episodes this year than having to wait until next year for it to be completed...

I shall send my complaint in with my subscription cheque. /cough.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

BB is officially the best show of all time, FYI. Sorry, The Wire! (You're still #2 in my book though)

Go Blue!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Someone better call Saul.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I could never get past season 2 :/
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Holy shitballs at last night's episode!
[Show]
Am I the only one that was hoping that somehow, some way Walt "Flynn" Junior was going to get offed? That kid grates on my damn nerves. Breastfed till 16? Jesse, Walt can pretty much suck it at this point, but at least Walt tried to do the right thing by doing his best to absolve his wife of wrongdoing with the cops listening in.

Also, they wrote Hank a good death. He went out like a man. Too bad he wasn't able to inflict some damage first.

Can't wait to see where the show goes over last two episodes with the whole flash-forward w/ ricin + BIGASSRIFLE.

Good stuff!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

no spoilers are in article
‘Breaking Bad’ Episode “Ozymandias” Gets Perfect 10/10 Rating on IMDb

There are still two episodes left of AMC’s Breaking Bad, but on Sunday night, “Ozymandias” brought some of the show’s major driving conflicts to a head. The result was one of the most incredible hours of television in recent memory — or possibly even, if IMDb users are to be trusted, in all of small-screen history.

Yes, in addition to setting the series record for the most-watched episode of all time, “Ozymandias” has also become the highest-rated episode of any TV show ever on the movie and film database, with a perfect 10/10 score. At least for now. More talk about “Ozymandias” as a series high after the jump.

Among Breaking Bad fans, there’s little debate that “Ozymandias” is one of the show’s best installments ever. Heck, even showrunner Vince Gilligan agrees, calling it “the best episode we ever had or ever will have.” “Ozymandias” was watched by an astonishing 6.4 million people, which handily beats the drama’s previous record (for “Blood Money”) of 5.9 million viewers.

And it seems those millions of folks liked what they saw. Over 20,000 users have voted on “Ozymandias” at IMDb, collectively awarding it ten points out of ten. That likely makes it the single best-reviewed episode of television on the entire website. Even this year’s second buzziest hour, Game of Thrones‘ “The Rains of Castamere” “only” managed to pull in a 9.8 with 14,000+ votes counted.

Granted, as TVOvermind points out, that 10/10 represents a tiny bit of rounding up. At time of writing, 870 people had given “Ozymandias” something other than a perfect score, including 250 naysayers who gave it just 1 point. However, they were evidently no match for the 20,500+ people who thought “Ozymandias” deserved the top rating.

Breaking Bad as a whole is very well loved on the site. The entire series has a rating of 9.4/10, the same as Game of Thrones and The Wire. The only TV shows that rank higher are Planet Earth and Cosmos, both documentaries. Professional critics, too, are deeply enamored with the drama. Season 2-4 each have a 100% Fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes’ new TV Tomatometer. (Season 1 was the low point with a 79%, which is still pretty great.)

All of which means that the expectations for the last two episodes of the show, next Sunday’s “Granite State” and the finale “Felina,” are hovering somewhere in the stratosphere. But the show’s given us no reason so far to doubt that it’ll come to a pitch-perfect end. If it turns out that Breaking Bad never gets better than “Ozymandias,” well, I think I can live with that. Click here to listen to our commentary track with director Rian Johnson.
I'm all caught up. Watched 7 episodes last night. Great show!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Poor Jesse. The guy can't catch a break.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't see this ending well for anyone but looks like it may go out with a bang.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

If you haven't seen Breaking Bad, there's a marathon of the whole series starting Wednesday at 8pm on AMC. Stay up for a couple days and get caught up!

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pinkman's first big movie gig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wtVI-aJuw
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canelek wrote:Holy shitballs at last night's episode!
[Show]
Am I the only one that was hoping that somehow, some way Walt "Flynn" Junior was going to get offed? That kid grates on my damn nerves. Breastfed till 16? Jesse, Walt can pretty much suck it at this point, but at least Walt tried to do the right thing by doing his best to absolve his wife of wrongdoing with the cops listening in.

Also, they wrote Hank a good death. He went out like a man. Too bad he wasn't able to inflict some damage first.

Can't wait to see where the show goes over last two episodes with the whole flash-forward w/ ricin + BIGASSRIFLE.

Good stuff!
[Show]
No, I want the whiny cripple to die, I haven't given up hope yet. I'm excited for the last episode, but I really don't want this show to be over.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Really solid end to a spectacular show. Really didn't give much of a fuck to splitting seasons like that--some storylines became pointless(Jessie)--but this has been one of the best series I have ever seen. Really amazing tip to tail!
en kærlighed småkager
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

This ending was much more satisfying than Dexter's. One of the best series of all time.
[Show]
I had a feeling from the start of this season that Jessie was going to be the last man standing. Really happy he got to walk away from it. That smile as he was driving off was great.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Lynks wrote:This ending was much more satisfying than Dexter's.
Which wasn't a hard feat to pull off. The Dexter ending was just a total cop-out.

But yeah Breaking Bad ended pretty much as I expected although I did have to suspend a bit of disbelief when it came to him driving all the way home from where he was. While it was a good show it's not something I see myself rewatching because it's difficult to watch it times.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Good ending. Not much he really could do considering the state of things.
[Show]
I have issues with the machine gun ending. I mean, every person in that complex was in that room? I kinda wish they came up with something a little cooler than that but I guess it can be attributed to Walter's failing health. I'm glad he admitted he did it for himself in the end. I like the poison ending for the lady though. Nice.

I read somewhere that a kid with terminal cancer that the cast had become attached to had a wish that altered the ending. I "think" what was going to happen was Jessie did end up shooting Mr White. It almost seems that way looking at the expression on Jessi's face as he road out of the complex. Considering all the shit that happened, it would have been fitting and satisfying in it's own way.

It's a cool story if you track it down. The cast of Breaking Bad paid him a visit. He died back in March so never got to see the ending of the show.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lynks »

According to Talking Bad, no, that's not true.

[Show]
At one point, Jessie tells Walt that he'll never do anything he says ever again. That's what he asked if he wanted it. He didn't want to give it to him.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lynks wrote:According to Talking Bad, no, that's not true.

[Show]
At one point, Jessie tells Walt that he'll never do anything he says ever again. That's what he asked if he wanted it. He didn't want to give it to him.
Is there more to their explanation than that? It was asked both ways at the end. So if Walter said "Don't die", Jessie would kill himself?

That was also before Walter told Jessie he watched his girlfriend die and didn't help.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Anthony Hopkins says Bryan Cranston's acting in 'Breaking Bad' is the best he's ever seen

Anthony Hopkins wasn't a Breaking Bad fan until just a few weeks ago, but after a marathon session bringing him from episode one through the series' conclusion, he's become simply stunned by it. "Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen — ever," Hopkins allegedly writes in an email to Bryan Cranston, which was published yesterday by actor Steven Michael Quezada, who played Hank's partner, Steven Gomez. "This work of yours is spectacular — absolutely stunning," Hopkins writes.

The compliment should mean something coming from Hopkins, who is widely considered to be among the finest actors around. While Hopkins begins by commending Cranston alone, he continues to express his love of the entire series and its full cast. "What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production," Hopkins writes. "It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian, or Greek Tragedy." While the cast probably appreciated Hopkins letter, it only serves to underscore how disappointed fans may be to finally let it go. "That kind of work / artistry is rare," Hopkins writes, "and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence."

Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email – so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber – I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I’ve just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I’ve sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular – absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers…. every department – casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my admiration to everyone – Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada – everyone – everyone gave master classes of performance … The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I’ve ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It’s almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.
High praise from an accomplished actor.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

That's pretty awesome. Hopkins' level of acting is truly up at the tippy-top of the mountain. One can almost picture Hopkins in a smoking jacket with a long-filtered cigarette, writing this email and even narrating in the background--unless Morgan Freeman was available...
en kærlighed småkager