Weeds on Showtime

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Weeds on Showtime

Post by Phugg_Innay »

I finnally got to view these first 2 episodes last night. (Thank you VOD). I hope Showtime can keep the pace up on this show , it has potential in my view. The setting is one I am very familiar with, Rich Suburbanites ( I work in the area not live) and the lives around them.
Main charecter is widowed mom dealing pot to all the other parents, she has 2 boys. One is pre-teen, the other is mid teen. The boys are f'd up as are most in the "upper burbs".
The charecter I see doing the most on the show is Celia (played by Elizabeth Perkins) She at the moment is the perfect stereotype for this place. F'd up beyond belief ... even calls her own daughter a C_n_ at one point. Mary-Louise Parker now OMG what a MILF ....She has so many things going on that well , its a show about her life so of course she has the whole world on her.

Weeds gets a solid 8.5/10 ... until they show some great nudity ... then its 12/10
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Yeah I am really enjoying this show also, and damn right she is a milf. But the blonde chick plays a bitch SOOOO wel
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

i love this show. andy is probably my favorite character at this point. that deal with cybering the 15 year old deaf girl was priceless.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Anyone else catch the season finale this past Monday? What an excellent show.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

I've watched the 1st season and its decent, but nothing I'd ever buy. I wouldn't even say I'd watch it again, but I'll probably Netflix subsequent seasons as they are available.

I am totally creeped out by the brother-in-law character. He not only looks like a loser I dated, but is a LOT like him personality wise, total loser, leech. This guy was even crashing at his single-mom-with-2-kids sister's house when I briefly (oh so briefly) dated him. He also set my gaydar off big time. I don't know if the actor is gay, and maybe its because he played a gay man in Angels of America (which I saw recently), but he totally sets my gaydar off too.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I totally agree with you on the first season. However, the second season changed dramatically in that sense. It's like they almost borrowed from Entourage, where as they leave you hanging every single episode. It has gotten a lot more comical and dramatic and pretty much changed everything that I didn't like about it, which is mostly what you don't like about it.

Andy will become one of your favorite characters this year, as just about anything he does is hilarious. The kids kind of got annoying to me last season, and that also changed this season. And the way they left you after the finale is just plain mean.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

What season is this show on right now? Are new episodes airing or am I watching old ones? I just started watching this show and I really like it. But I haven't seen the first 10 or so, OnDemand only has from like 11 on, so that's all I've seen so far.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

The most recent season is #2. I believe Showtime is currently showing episodes from season 1, and is about midway through. I think all of season 2 is available on Sho on demand.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

According to Episode Guides (Great site by the way.. I use it a lot!) the third season will start 30-Jul.

http://epguides.com/Weeds/
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sylvus wrote:What season is this show on right now? Are new episodes airing or am I watching old ones? I just started watching this show and I really like it. But I haven't seen the first 10 or so, OnDemand only has from like 11 on, so that's all I've seen so far.
First Season (10 episodes) you can now find in alt.binaries.multimedia if so inclined.

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

I ordered it for $19.99 on amazon.

I have showtime, go to the movies every weekend, and usually buy tv shows on dvd. But I do steal the shit out of some DVDs. I apologize if I'm a bad person; I normally also buy movies that I love (read: lotr trilogy, sin city, caddyshack, the big lebowski, etc). I mostly just steal movies that I wouldn't pay a dime to see anyway.

Go Blue!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

and yet you still find time to live with yourself?!

HOW DO YOU DO IT?
Fuck Michigan!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Just giving the option since you were looking. If you pay for Showtime anyway it's not really stealing!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Weeds on Showtime

Post by Aslanna »

I watched the first season and thought it was entertaining. Somewhere near the halfway point of season 2 though I didn't really like where the show went. Especially how the Peter character was handled and now the resulting snooping around of his partner (which may be season 3. I watched them all at once so they ran together a bit). What I've seen of season 3 so far (4 episodes) I didn't much care for but I'll still probably watch it. I'm not saying it sucks or anything just that I don't like how the storylines are going. The last episode (4) was rather bizzare with the Andy storyline as it involves a missle and you're like "wtf just happened?". Only the first 2 episodes of season 3 have aired but you can find preair episodes in newsgroups.

And the mother character has a stupid look on her face half the time and she doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the box.

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I lost interest with season two also. I'm not really sure where they lost me, but I didn't make it past the 3rd episode, and it took me two sittings to watch it. I think I'm going to give s2 a try again and see if it can keep my attention. I'll save the s3 episodes until then.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Yeah, I pulled down the next two episodes (3 and 4), and am not sure where the fuck they are taking the show.
Fuck Michigan!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Ok, I've watched all of season 2 now, and the first 4 episodes of season 3. I ended up enjoying the second season more than I had the first time around, but it started to annoy me again in the last two episodes. So far this season just seems to be a giant clusterfuck. The whole U-Turn arc just sucks. WTF is up with Matthew Modine?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Xatrei wrote:The whole U-Turn arc just sucks.
Agree 100%!

--
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I'm on the fence on this one. The U-Turn story arc blows, but the character is hilarious. Quite honestly, he is stealing this season from the others. Due that Kevin Nealon is barely in the show it seems and not sure wtf is up with Andy this season. Also, I'm not sure Conrad has said one funny thing (out of the like 10 times he has even spoken) this season. This show has gotten really depressing this year and U-Turn is pretty much the only comic relief. Well, him and Marvin who is also great.
Fuck Michigan!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It slightly redeemed itself with the latest episode (#5). But I really hope the U-Turn story arc doesn't last the whole season. Or if it does I hope it improves in some way. I mean.. Brick Dance? (pre #5) Give me a break.

Oh yeah and I also like the Marvin character.

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

The whole Andy + Army subplot made no sense whatsoever. The story just seems to be all over the place. #5 had its moments (the drive by was pretty funny), but I just don't know wtf the writers were thinking so far with this season. I think they were doing too much "research" for the show this time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Xatrei wrote:The whole Andy + Army subplot made no sense whatsoever. The story just seems to be all over the place.
I agree with that although for some reason I liked the army guy in the last episode. Could have done without that story though. Personally I think they had a better story going with Andy and the Israeli woman and they should have stuck with that. His character sorta seemed to go downhill when the dog ate his toes. Which I thought was rather stupid to begin with.

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Yeah, that colonel cracked me up. "SUCK YOURSELF!!"
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Things seem to be looking up in Agrestic.
[Show]
With U-turn dead and Marvin being a little bitch, it looks like that story line is finally put to bed. I expect there to be some lingering elements of that arc to make some appearances, though. Now that Peter's body has turned up, things on that front should get interesting. Mary-Kate Olsen's character is interesting, but Olsen grates on my nerves. I keep waiting for Celia to get put in her place. The door seems to have been opened for Conrad's role to return to prominence.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

This show has finally gotten interesting again after cleaning up the fallout from the whole U-Turn thing.
[Show]
A war with the bikers looks to be good.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Xatrei wrote:This show has finally gotten interesting again after cleaning up the fallout from the whole U-Turn thing.
[Show]
A war with the bikers looks to be good.
Definitely!
[Show]
I was surprised that the roughed up Silas. I mean, I didn't expect her to get off with nothing from the bikers, but that was more than I expected for them to do at first.

Go Blue!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Overall this season, at least to me, has been all over the place and definitely lacked focus. The last episode seemed a bit more tight. Hopefully they can keep it together as this show has been moving lower and lower on my watch list.

--
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I really like the use of the crucifix in the grow house.

good work doug!
Fuck Michigan!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Season 4 started last night, anyone see it?
[Show]
The show is - yet again - going in a new direction. No more grow houses, no more Agrestic. Hell, no more "Little Boxes" starting next week. Conrad and Heylia were not in the season premier, and both characters' rolls are being reduced from regular to guest star in the future. I do like how everyone turned on the thoroughly unlikeable Celia Hodes. Guillermo is back, and it looks like Nancy is changing from dealer to a mule early on. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

I have mixed feelings about where the show is heading. After getting back into it last season, hopefully they pull it off and keep the show interesting.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

The premier was great, and I'm sure this season will be a good one.
Fuck Michigan!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Too soon to tell! Hopefully it goes better than Season 3 where I almost stopped watching it

--