Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker (spoiler free)

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker (spoiler free)

Post by Winnow »

It's fucking horrible. The worst of all nine movies. Really really bad.

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Star Wars IX: Rise of Skywalker (spoiler free)

Post by Boogahz »

Stumbled on a spoiler video that made me decide that I probably won't see it in the theater...I don't know that I would've enjoyed what they revealed.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I watched it. No surprise that I disagree with Winnow's bad take. Was it the greatest movie ever? No. But it sure as fuck wasn't the worst of the nine. Have you even seen I-III? It would seem not.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's a shit movie. I-III sucked as well but this movie was complete crap.

Poe!!!!!, Finn!!!!, Rey!!! Every fucking scene someones screaming a name. Disjointed. Zero character development. Shots of the back of Carrie Fishers head and her hands did not help.

No drama, just "Luke I am your father!" That was surprising and exiting. No one gives a shit who Rey's dad is. On that note, Luke deserved way better than he got in the final three episodes. Even as a blue Jedi ghost he would have helped the last film.

There were no scenes with a sense of wonder and discovery about the mysterious force. It was just used a boring weapon.

I enjoyed episode 7. You could forgive them for sticking to the original IV cookie cutter formula in that one because I-III sucked and it made sense to get back to a winning formula. But after that, they didn't try anything new and took a step backward after introducing the new characters. I liked Rey as a character up until this movie. Finn showed promise the first half of the trilogy but largely ignored in the final. Wasn't a big fan of Poe. He was ok.

This movie was bad. It brought nothing new to the table. Wasn't funny, wasn't dramatic. I didn't care what happened to Kylo. Too much special effects and wide pans trying to squeeze in every minor character instead of providing an interesting story. Despite Star wars being a massive Space Epic, it's the character development and humor/swashbuckling that made it great. This movie was a mess and missed those key things.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nowhere did I say EP 9 was good. But it sure as fuck is better than Episode 1-3. Anyone who says otherwise has some mental issues they should get resolved.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--