The "What happened to Fiends" post

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

You have a gift for replying to something without even replying to anything. Like I said, nothing you say seems to be of much import. Arguing with you is like trying to reason with a slab of granite. Why. Do. I. Bother.
Menalaos you seem to post a lot of stupid shit, like that one time on CD's board... oh man.

PS: The conspiracy has nothing to do with you calling Apostate "Hitler."
And what does that have anything to do with anything, that I "posted stupid shit" on CD's boards? If I did or did not on Cestus' boards, that is none of your business, you don't belong there and your revelations of such knowledge is irrelevant. Again, has nothing to do with anything that has been said on this board. That said, "like that one time on CD's board" was a lot more involved than just me calling Apostate "Hitler". Could you have taken a less indictive excerpt out of that discussion? Probably not. Idiot. BTW, get the fuck off of our boards; have some fucking respect for other people's privacy.

<quote>Oh, by the way, how are you offended by anything I said? I mean, if you don't want someone to point out the errors in what you post, then don't post it.</quote>

I'm offended simply because your opinion of something I said doesn't dictate whether or not I was erroneous in posting something. I could care less about your opinion. Saying that "you obviously know more than me," is going to offend anyone, when the debate is PURELY subjective. If you can't understand that, I am not going to bother explaining it to you. Maybe after a few years your grasp of english composition will grow enough for you to understand that. Until then, it's completely pointless talk to you about it.
PS#2: Grats to you being more mature! Did Resurrector tell you to say that?
More drivel by someone who spontaneously finds stupid shit to say without any basis.

Take a look at what you posted in response to me; it's nothing more than pathetic attempts to attack me. You should be a politician; you say without answering, you talk without making any sense; everything you say is nothing more than a personal attack. Congratualtions on your incumbent presidency of jackassery.
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

Your analysis of my analysis is very analitical.

(hint, look at signature)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
RIP Goatse.cx January 14, 2004
Member of the Evil Boxing Triad
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

But seriously, if I'm the President of Jackassery, then that makes you Kerry because you're blabbering about privacy yet openly airing your opinion on other peoples' shit.

I mean, even Drinsic made fun of you. Why did you pick me to have a dick joust with instead of him? Trying to climb your way up the jousting tournament ranks or something?

I'm not going to analyze your analysis of my analysis.
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

But seriously, if I'm the President of Jackassery, then that makes you Kerry because you're blabbering about privacy yet openly airing your opinion on other peoples' shit.
Hello, this is a public forum. Cestus "Private Forum Areas" are not.
I mean, even Drinsic made fun of you. Why did you pick me to have a dick joust with instead of him? Trying to climb your way up the jousting tournament ranks or something?

If, after you WROTE your original post, you can't understand why, then you're more of a moron than I originally thought.
Last edited by Menelaos on April 25, 2004, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

Menelaos I bought you a clue ~ enjoy ((^:

Quit being such a drama whore, I told you and everyone that has posted so far why boxed dkp is the way it is and why people in our guild are motivated by loot and how my guild (which is not YOUR guild so that would make it PRIVATE!@!@!@ or something) feels. You're over reacting because you got blue ball frustration or something. Go invest your time in something better than flaming someone for telling you that our guild shouldn't move to stormhammer because we want loot.

Also, don't reply to this with more off the wall accusations and could you refrain from calling me a ... ... ... 9 year old prick with comparable writing skills to a slobbering monkey. Yes, of course! Because you can equate the way in which my text appears on the screen to a different species, who is also, coincidentally, slobbering, it means that you are superior to me.

I'm sorry for pointing out your errors and correcting you. Next time I'll just call you a doo doo head.

AAAAAAAAnyways, I'm going to napzor. You can respond with you usual stream of random insults and you can stomp on me and declare yourself the /winner of veeshanvault, if you'd like.
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

Who's randomly insulting whom? Pointing out my errors and correcting them? Around and round we go in a circle. Your opinion of what you may think are my errors is just that: your opinion. You aren't pointing out shit. By the way, I dropped the subject of DKP usage long before you and I started this confrontation. You instigated it with your jackassery in your first post on this thread. If you are going to post bullshit, I'm going to call you on it. Simple as that. This is flamevault, sir.

Off the wall accusations? Could you be more off-base? I'm accusing you quite pointedly, whereas you're pulling shit outta your ass about me. Try to stay on topic ok? Every post you make has more shit dropping outta your ass.

edit: To make things clear enough for a dipshit like you to understand, I did say, on my final post about DKP on this thread:
Really though, I don't want to make a big issue here; it was your guild and not mine, and if you say nobody minded, then I'll take your word for it.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Menelaos.. You're not on CD's roster... Are you sure you aren't waving your app tag around a little too boldly?
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

He sold his character a while ago. It was probably before you started playing, that would explain why you have no clue who he is.
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Menelaos is about as old school as they come. He was in Legion with Oogah even before I joined, in fact. He is a member of CD now, though he may not show up on their active roster. If he was playing and not already in a guild he'd have an automatic invite into my guild, which is more I could say for either you or Coraz, Pah.
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

Well I couldn't sleep.

I've given up trying to deal with you, so now I'm going to taunt you so more!

At least I'm honest.

If you're wondering what I'm thinking, it's this: OU ARE A SLOBBERING MONKEY I KNOW what the Apostate conspiracy is I'M IN CD You are being incoherent YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER I COULD CARE LESS but YOUR POINTING OUT SHIT so STOP IT PResident of JACKASSERY this is a PUBLIC FORUM and your ORIGINAL POST after the first second was simply and OPINION... !

That's all I'm getting from you.

YOU ARE BEING sponatenously stupid STOP making fun of me YOU FUCKING IDIOT why do you insult me YOU MORONIC STUPID DUMB GET OFF 'OUR' BOARDS who do you think you are POSTING ON A TOPIC ABOUT YOUR GUILD?! YOUR IMMATURE AND YOUR GRASP OF ENGLIUSH IS NOT SO GOOD.

Hitler's holocaust, 9/11, the Titanic; the world has too many tragedies to remeber. Please delete your posts so that they don't terrorize generations to come.
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Gaklek wrote:Menelaos is about as old school as they come. He was in Legion with Oogah even before I joined, in fact. He is a member of CD now, though he may not show up on their active roster. If he was playing and not already in a guild he'd have an automatic invite into my guild, which is more I could say for either you or Coraz, Pah.
Hey, good enough for me. I was just asking for clarification of a point.

..and believe me, for all of the bullshit you've thrown down over applicants getting denied on virtue of having an opposing view of something than you do, I'm glad I'm NOT in your guild.

You've got some of the best people in EQ behind you Gak, and as much as everyone here can have opposing opinions about any number of things, it's just sad that the classy ones are carrying your tag when you're the biggest grudge holder I know. Heaven forbid you not be the smartest man on the planet and the paradigm of virtue all rolled into one.
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

Gaklek wrote:Menelaos is about as old school as they come. He was in Legion with Oogah even before I joined, in fact. He is a member of CD now, though he may not show up on their active roster. If he was playing and not already in a guild he'd have an automatic invite into my guild, which is more I could say for either you or Coraz, Pah.
And if I was playing I'd give a shit who he is. He should use some of his glorious notoriety to make himself not sound like an idiot. You see, if he sounded intelligent or had a point, I'd probably agree with him and stop replying. Alas, he does not. Nor do you.
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

Too bad none of our whining has anything to do with FIENDS or this topic would be getting better~
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Was nothing personal towards you. People don't get rejected as applicants because they have opposing views from me. They get rejected for three general reasons. 1) widely well known that they suck 2) they sucked in front of someone in the guild and it was reported back to the guild at large(this includes someone in the guild giving reasons they hate you or don't get along with you) 3) we don't need anymore of a particular class.

You can pick whichever one of those you'd like if you're not accepted. I don't as a rule release that information. 66.6% chance that you suck though.
Last edited by Gaklek on April 25, 2004, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

Oh I almost forgot my promise. Menelaos, you're a doo doo head.
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Whatever Gak. We all know I've pissed off a fair share of Sovereign people over the years. It's all been from this side of the game though, so let's call it like it is. 90% of your people haven't the first clue about how I play EQ and those that do probably haven't seen me in any sort of raid environment to observe me in. I pissed off Eleani a year ago and she probably got her panties all up in a bunch. Or maybe it was Devereaux or Xyun or even yourself over that Taly and the BoW post.
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

or maybe given that there were 3 reasons, and 2/3 relate to sucking, 2 divided by 3 = 66.6%

bitter? =/
devereaux
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by devereaux »

Coraz wrote:
Menelaos wrote:In case you don't know, I'm a member of Cestus Dei, and I _do_ know what you are referring to. I reiterate: what the fuck does that have anything to do with anything posted on this thread?
What does your post have to do with it? Whining about whiners or something?

Menalaos you seem to post a lot of stupid shit, like that one time on CD's board... oh man.

PS: The conspiracy has nothing to do with you calling Apostate "Hitler."

PS#2: Grats to you being more mature! Did Resurrector tell you to say that?

Awww come on Mene-pause, don't you think I said ANYTHING important in that 500000 word thesis paper of a post I put up there?

Oh, by the way, how are you offended by anything I said? I mean, if you don't want someone to point out the errors in what you post, then don't post it.
Argue a single point and stick to it. Show us you're not just some trained monkey who can copy and paste and post non-sensical one-liners. You're like Cartalas on steroids.
Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

At least I'm honest.

If you're wondering what I'm thinking, it's this: OU ARE A SLOBBERING MONKEY I KNOW what the Apostate conspiracy is I'M IN CD You are being incoherent YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER I COULD CARE LESS but YOUR POINTING OUT SHIT so STOP IT PResident of JACKASSERY this is a PUBLIC FORUM and your ORIGINAL POST after the first second was simply and OPINION... !

That's all I'm getting from you.

YOU ARE BEING sponatenously stupid STOP making fun of me YOU FUCKING IDIOT why do you insult me YOU MORONIC STUPID DUMB GET OFF 'OUR' BOARDS who do you think you are POSTING ON A TOPIC ABOUT YOUR GUILD?! YOUR IMMATURE AND YOUR GRASP OF ENGLIUSH IS NOT SO GOOD.

Hitler's holocaust, 9/11, the Titanic; the world has too many tragedies to remeber. Please delete your posts so that they don't terrorize generations to come.
And if I was playing I'd give a shit who he is. He should use some of his glorious notoriety to make himself not sound like an idiot. You see, if he sounded intelligent or had a point, I'd probably agree with him and stop replying. Alas, he does not. Nor do you.
And..._I_ sound like an idiot? Take a good long look at yourself. I think 99% of the non-Fiends community here will agree who sounds like the idiot here...
Xanastik Fox
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Xanastik Fox »

I think both of you are idiots.

carry on
Coraz
No Stars!

Post by Coraz »

I've been waiting for someone to call us both idiots.
devereaux wrote:Argue a single point and stick to it. Show us you're not just some trained monkey who can copy and paste and post non-sensical one-liners. You're like Cartalas on steroids.
Argue what? That Menalaos started this all by calling me names? There's nothing to argue that's why nothing makes sense.
PRESIDENT OF JACKASSERY!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I can attest that Gak does his own research when considering recruits and considers what his guild has to say over what an outsider has to say even if they're from your last guild.

It's having confidence in your system. When you have good leadership and the system works well, you'd be surprised at how little bitching there is.
devereaux
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by devereaux »

Pahreyia wrote:Whatever Gak. We all know I've pissed off a fair share of Sovereign people over the years. It's all been from this side of the game though, so let's call it like it is. 90% of your people haven't the first clue about how I play EQ and those that do probably haven't seen me in any sort of raid environment to observe me in. I pissed off Eleani a year ago and she probably got her panties all up in a bunch. Or maybe it was Devereaux or Xyun or even yourself over that Taly and the BoW post.
To be quite honest, your application to join was met with a fair bit of hostility when people realized you were the same Pahreyia who posted on Veeshanvault. It's no secret that I don't like you, and several other Sovereign members didn't like you. But the biggest deciding factor against you joining was because you didn't put in the time and commitment that most serious recruitees do, not because you were a ticking spaz-bomb on these boards.

Gak a grudgeholder? Maybe, but it's more of a pride thing than anything else. I kind of look back at all the people that gave me shit on Veeshanvault or griefed me in game, and when I see them apply to join I have to laugh because they want to be part of an organization that I helped build, and they just don't realize that my memory goes as far back as when Erny ninja'ed that COF. Being a leader means you get to tell whoever you want to to kindly fuck off. Yes, it is an immense ego trip. And yes, I do miss it.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

Sylvos wrote:DKP is lame
Maybe if you enjoy sucking cock.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Forthe wrote:
Sylvos wrote:DKP is lame
Maybe if you enjoy sucking cock.
eating pie never helped! :twisted:
Korell
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Korell »

Please stop beating the dead horse.
Korell
Meowcat
No Stars!

Post by Meowcat »

Last edited by Meowcat on June 5, 2004, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jekasurae
No Stars!

Post by Jekasurae »

WOOHOO after spending 30 minutes of wading through flames and bullshit i finally reached the end. So here goes my feelings on the matter. Basically Fiends was the best thing to happen to my overall awareness of the high-end game. Everything from strats to zone-layouts to knowing what mobs drop the shit we need to raid for. I can't THANK paul enough for the opportunity to be in on that.
Of course,.. on another note... I definatly developed an attitude towards a few people/guilds. WHICH were removed because of tells in-game. Cmon dude i dont need that shit.
Fiends was all about raping everything, and we did it. /GU was an onslaught of vicious orders and racial slurs, and i fucking loved it. We came, we cockblocked, we killed. I bet it fdeels good to know the "rejects of Veeshan" beat you in every which way except for active member count. And now all you can do is flame the insulting things we did to you. HAHA

Oh yeah you fucks who already retired/PA'd whatever... like what you have to say means jack shit anyway.

Peace bitches see you in game
Yall just got served :)
What have you done for me lately!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Jekasurae wrote:
WOOHOO after spending 30 minutes of wading through flames and bullshit i finally reached the end. So here goes my feelings on the matter. Basically Fiends was the best thing to happen to my overall awareness of the high-end game. Everything from strats to zone-layouts to knowing what mobs drop the shit we need to raid for. I can't THANK paul enough for the opportunity to be in on that.
Of course,.. on another note... I definatly developed an attitude towards a few people/guilds. WHICH were removed because of tells in-game. Cmon dude i dont need that shit.
Fiends was all about raping everything, and we did it. /GU was an onslaught of vicious orders and racial slurs, and i fucking loved it. We came, we cockblocked, we killed. I bet it fdeels good to know the "rejects of Veeshan" beat you in every which way except for active member count. And now all you can do is flame the insulting things we did to you. HAHA

Oh yeah you fucks who already retired/PA'd whatever... like what you have to say means jack shit anyway.

Peace bitches see you in game
Yall just got served :)
*does the two step to Achy Breaky Heart*
Valkojen
No Stars!

Post by Valkojen »

I'm not even gonna BOTHER reading past page 1, I just don't have the time, So I'll just throw in my 2cp:

1. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knew paul was skimming plat. It's how he stayed alive IRL . It was no secret. It had nothing to do with the breakup. Fact is, every officer in fiends had either lost their job or was unemployed (there just isn't time to lead a guild going that fast and work).

2. The guild's been on edge for months. We NEVER had the proper numbers to succeed. Some key people burnt out in eles, and it was officers who picked up the slack. We were raiding elemental targets with maybe 20 people in front of computers spread over 40 toons (that's not an exaggeration. We have more than a dozen people who play 2 toons on every raid, and some are capable of playing 3-4). It gives me a nice fat chubbie thinking of how impossible it would be for other guilds to play with so few real people, but it burns you out fast.

3. Everyone bitched about DKP ALL the time. It was nothing new.

4. Advancing as fast as we did required the sacrifice of any real life. Frankly, a lot of us just wanted to get laid again.

So there you have it, the real reason fiends broke up: lack of gratuitous sex.
"0 for originality" - Hemlak
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Actually, Mark, I never lost my job =/ then again, I was "teh casual" officer~

what's this thread about again?
Do unto others what has been done to you.