To the proudly ignorant...

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

To the proudly ignorant...

Post by Sartori »

Since the thread got locked (and rightfully so) before I could post, I just wanted to clear some things up really quick:

Voro: I wasn't flaming anyone in my post. See? Ignorance - if I had a nickel for every time...
I honestly don't have any reason to flame anyone (except rejects like Winnow maybe).

Rikk: Contrary to popular belief, the name isn't fine as it is. It's not you. It's not your guild. Period. I repeat: ignorance. I know it won't get changed. I'll live.

Calixte: don't PM me, ok? If you can't talk openly about it, then don't talk at all. I'll delete any more that I get from ya. I'm sure it won't be anything that will affect my sanity or my current knowledge of all that is EQ, but it will consume my time!

Ok let's break this down:
Calixte wrote:You can't begin to know Legion now.
You are so bright, but check this out: THAT WAS THE POINT OF MY POST. Good lord.
Calixte wrote:How can you say what you did? You have no idea how hard our people work on a DAILY BASIS and how many things we accomplish on a DAILY BASIS.
I don't have a clue how hard 'your people' work on a daily basis? Do you think we just sat around on our asses, on a DAILY BASIS in N FP back in the day and magically got the reputation that we had? The way you talk, it sounds like YOU think you fucking know ME and MY GUILD.
Calixte wrote:For you and the other original members (and you guys really seem to be quite bitter) who think you know everything there is to know about the "new" Legion - I'm sorry, but you don't have a clue.
Speaking of which, I don't remember claiming to know everything there is to know about the new Legion. Where did I say that? I don't even WANT to know everything about it. If I REALLY wanted to I would go ask Gaklek, but he seems to be MIA on his "EARN YOUR SHIT OR ELSE" crusade. Regardless, I'm sure he wouldn't tell me what I wanted to know :)
Calixte wrote:You have no idea what the game is like now and how much effort we have poured into it.
I actually do know what the game is like now. I happen to have about a dozen local real life friends who still play EQ, and more that I keep in touch with on the net. I'm glad I know what the game is like now. It makes me glad I quit.
Calixte wrote: You insult me more than anyone else ever has by saying that we should change our name. Attack me personally, I can deal with that, but DO NOT attack my guild
My suggestion wasn't meant to insult anyone, but innocent bystanders may have been hurt (so solly). Those people easily offended...well, fuck em I say. It was a suggestion not an attack. The old and new are two seperate entities, why not re-name? I'm sure you could find something cooler out there. Easy as pie. Something cooler than Ted Club
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well hey, good thing that thread was locked. Without that we wouldn't have had, what, 4 other threads about the same thing?

All things in moderation!

(That's a pun)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Rikk Wolvenkin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Re: To the proudly ignorant...

Post by Rikk Wolvenkin »

Sartori wrote:...well, fuck em I say.
And you too.
sartori wrote:Rikk: Contrary to popular belief, the name isn't fine as it is. It's not you. It's not your guild. Period. I repeat: ignorance. I know it won't get changed. I'll live.
You people keep saying things like that, and in the way you say it, imply that we members of Legion are somehow inferior players, then later backpedal and say, well its just different from when we were there so its not the same guild.

BS.

Most people here are sports fans, i'm not. However, people who are sports fans usually have a favorite team they love to root for, and its still their beloved team even when not one player is the same, and some of the players they used to root for have moved to other teams. People here love the Greenbay Packers, none of the players or management is the same as when their parents got them started being packer backers. Vince Lambardie, or whatever his name is, didn't start whining that they should change their name after he retired.

Come to think of it, none of the extraordinary people who founded this country are here anymore, and its a totally different society from that time period, what right do we have to still call ourselves Americans?

I should have PMed this to you, but you already said you would delete PMs without reading them. I don't want to bring private matters regarding Legion to these boards but you brought it up and removed any private means of discussion.

So I'll disclaim. I don't speak for Legion, but I speak here as a friend of people in that guild who I feel you have belittled with your comments. Let me draw your attention back to the first sentence of this post.
Last edited by Rikk Wolvenkin on April 18, 2003, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter Warder - Veeshan
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Rikk, don't dignify it with any more responses.

Who the fuck cares if someone who doesn't play EverQuest anymore who isn't a member of Legion anymore thinks we should change our name? Jesus, my best friend's second cousin's girlfriend's old sister thinks that fantasy games are stupid, you gonna go fight with her next? Just let it pass, he can have his opinion and the current members of Legion can concentrate on the Legion of here and now. Any fucking former member who wants can come here and complain that we are tarnishing their precious memories any time they like, just don't bother dignifying it with a response.
Rikk Wolvenkin
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rikk Wolvenkin »

You're right arch.

However someone coming here and belittling our efforts and skills for the sole reason that we are not them, was a bit much for me to let slide. Especially considering the recuring nature its taken on. I think its out of my system now for the most part.
Hunter Warder - Veeshan
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I <3 the Legion of old.

I <3 the Legion of new.

Are they different? Yes.

Is one better than the other? No.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Shanks
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Shanks »

If I were the leader of Legion, I would change the guild name to something with "Svart" in it. And you can take that to the bank!
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

sart read - the only one I care about
Last edited by Gaklek on April 18, 2003, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shanks
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Shanks »

PS i hate stragi
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

I'm with Shanks- I vote for Legsvartion!
*hugs*
Varia
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

heh

Post by Sartori »

I have nothing to hide, but I did try to PM Celixte back and it wouldn't let me. Maybe i'm doing something wrong with it - don't know, don't care. This is why i'm not taking them.

Here's the thing with ALL of your replies:

You keep insinuating that I'm saying you are inferior, or not as great, or whatever you want to think or say. It's not true and the plain facts are I never said anything to that effect. Do whatever you are doing and rock on, I don't care - it doesn't really affect me at all. My point is that it's just a completely different guild - and I'm talking about a guild, not a fucking country here.

I know nothing will be changed, but you at least know how I feel regardless of whatever words you want to keep putting in my mouth. If you didn't care then you wouldn't respond. If you stop making it out to be me saying or implying things I'm not, maybe you'll take a step back and realize that in the grand scheme - I am an ex-EQ player and what I think won't affect your little world, so get over yourselves. :)

And leaving stuff out as selective editing isn't cowardly, it was me quoting what I wanted to respond to. I didn't have a response for I LOVE MY GUILD, because I believe the majority love their guild. I LOVED my guild, too.

Seriously, if you're gonna flame me don't make shit up because I will call you on it. Be factual, maybe funny, maybe defensive - but don't put words in my mouth, and don't fucking tell me what you think I should be posting in my messages. I can do that myself. Buh bye
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Last I heard it still was a rule that we didn't air shit out on a public board. Can this PLEASE be moved somewhere else where Sart and monty have access.
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

Animalor wrote:Last I heard it still was a rule that we didn't air shit out on a public board. Can this PLEASE be moved somewhere else where Sart and monty have access.
Um, I tend to agree, but if this is indeed intended for public consumption (outside the Legion community - past and present), then you have to do a whole lot better job of explaining the premise of this thread than just simply making vague references to one of the at least 10 sub-threads from a 19 page posting.

Since I've taken this long already, there is something I feel compelled to ask: what exactly is your point? - it's a genuine question, because I am not sure what it is. Does it boil down to a position that since the current membership roster in Legion does not resemble the membership roster back when you played, the guild name should now be changed? I'm just trying to understand the issue, here.
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Swoned
No Stars!

Re: heh

Post by Swoned »

Sartori wrote:I know nothing will be changed, but you at least know how I feel regardless of whatever words you want to keep putting in my mouth. If you didn't care then you wouldn't respond. If you stop making it out to be me saying or implying things I'm not, maybe you'll take a step back and realize that in the grand scheme - I am an ex-EQ player and what I think won't affect your little world, so get over yourselves. :)
If you know that nothing will be changed then why start a whole new thread to just fuel the fire? You said it yourself - you're an ex-EQ player so your voice in guild matters is nil, yet you want Gak to change the name of his guild? I'm sure you're not stupid, but seeing you post issues like this on a public message board makes me wonder how the fuck you got in Legion in the first place. If you really "loved" your guild then you should be posting praises for the hardships they have overcome, not posting bullshit trying to drive your old guildtag in the ground.

I've always had a high respect for Legion, both old and new. I'm sure other ex-Legion members love you and Kyou speaking for Old Legion and continually diminishing their reputation and all the hard work that was poured into the guild. Of course, maybe the others have enough love and respect for Legion as a whole that they decided it may not be to their best interest to air such things in public? Couldn't be that...could it?
"As a comedian you have to start the show strong and end the show strong, those are the two key elements: You can't be like pancakes, all exciting at first, but by the end you're fuckin' sick of 'em." - Mitch Hedberg
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I really liked the Legion comic book from DC (old and new).

Old (bah is shows up in preview)

New
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

If Legion renames, I think it should be something cool, like "Fuck You Yankee Blue Jeans" (See Avatar).
Last edited by Shaerra on April 18, 2003, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
The fine print taketh away.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sartori's always been a bitter bard. He had one too many flutes shoved up his ass.

Weena > Sartori :!: