Remember this? VS goes postal.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Remember this? VS goes postal.

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Some old timers may get a kick out of this. Around the first week of Kunark, GMs had some fun and controlled Venril Sathir. VS shouted through the zone that if we didnt leave the zone he would show us his might, then everyone started taunting him in shouts and telling him to show his pussy self, sooo....

Venril came to the zone and just started killing EVERYONE. I was at the drolvarg captain camp with Kreugen, Daahoud, and some others and we left to *try* to fight the bastard at zone. Soon there were a bunch of groups, unorgnized mostly trying to down this mofo. People were dying and zoning back and forth. By the time everyone had died multiple times, we had gotten VS to about 99%. Was a blast =)

GMs were fun back then =p
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

Too bad they don't do that kind of stuff anymore =/
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Aye. Seems odd. GM events like this OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS to a game that is the same thing every fooking day =p. Doesnt take OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS to have a GM take control of a mob and make him do shit. I really dont understand why they don't do it moreoften.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Because everyone complains when you do a GM event.

whaah whaah I want xp and I was minding my own business and the gm mob killed me and I lost xp and I want a res and get out of my zone Im playing in and stop killing me and I'm bound in greater faydark and blah blah blah.
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I really wish GMs would start doing things like that again, I always loved those GM events, they were so much fun.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Kyouk nailed it dead on

Every single event I've ever seen had the GMs spending twice the time handing out rezzes at the end than they spent in the actual event.

That and everyone expects a reward for their troubles
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by emmer »

MUSTARD GUY
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

The weirdest gm event I remember was years ago when there was a giant fucking skunk in BB. I was there on my alt and let my guild (The Companions) know about it, and it was a race between them and foh to get the said skunk who was level 55-60. Every 10 seconds he was laying baby skunks for low levels that dropped rubies. The servers went down as the two guilds were porting in.
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

Anyone else remember the Faydwer thing in LOIO 3 years ago on Halloween? First time I ever saw Faydwer I got my ass handed to me.
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Halloween does seem to have good events. The biggest was when they totally changes NRo, WC, Rathe Mts, EK into scary undead zones for like a week. Was there any halloween event for 02?
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

I don't remember a GM event on Halloween this year, except maybe some werewolves in WC (not sure if that even happened). I think they were too busy releasing PoP.
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

Yeah it was a bunch of werewolves, skeletons and shit running around the commons. Nothing fantastic though that made seasoned veterans shake in their shoes hough. :roll:
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i remember seeing VS at the zone in a few times....hauling ass after Azian :p
a_guide
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by a_guide »

For future reference, if you want more GM events, you can easily send in your suggestions using the /feedback command. Same thing goes if you don't want any events.

As far as I can tell the reason why events like this have slowed drastically is that the GM's are no longer assigned a server, they float around as they are needed which means more work gets done and leaves less time for play.

*sigh* I miss Saiphos. :(
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

More work gets done? BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
The fine print taketh away.
Gurugurumaki
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Gurugurumaki »

a_guide wrote:For future reference, if you want more GM events, you can easily send in your suggestions using the /feedback command. Same thing goes if you don't want any events.

As far as I can tell the reason why events like this have slowed drastically is that the GM's are no longer assigned a server, they float around as they are needed which means more work gets done and leaves less time for play.

*sigh* I miss Saiphos. :(
All the GM's are on the Legends server, handing out gimp ass items to the rich~
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

lol, that VS even was awesome.... whiped out 50+ people in no time...

Was the first time i think anyone had "seen" VS and that may have been the point of the GM taking him over to let people know he existed back there in the dungeons.

I just remember seeing piles and piles of bodies, and trying to n00k and having every thing resisted. Was a fun evening :P