65 frog cleric with epic

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

65 frog cleric with epic

Post by Pahreyia »

Sorry Aranuil, you got ownz0rd on this one.

2 Days, 2 Hours, 4 Minutes
Last edited by Pahreyia on March 1, 2003, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

God I fucking Hate frogs :evil:

Gratz btw
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Kinda pisses away that whole "epic" feeling.. doesn't it?
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

The night LoY comes out and you see 35 or more frogloks walking around in better equipment than yourself, was more of a kick in the balls for me.
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I could live with seeing a 65 frog in two days. It's really not that surprising if you know what's possible in terms of PLing.

What I can't comprehend is how they were able to do the cleric epic in 2 days. Is there some way to have someone else do a turn in and then have the cleric in question loot?

In summary, when you say '65 frog cleric' in two days, I say to myself, 'wow', but when you say '65 frog cleric with epic in two days', I say to myself, 'How the fuck?'
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Ziggin Swigalot
No Stars!

Post by Ziggin Swigalot »

i'm at a loss for words. damn.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Chirst almighty.
Vezot
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vezot »

Someone please pickup my tounge on the floor down there.....65 AND Epic in 2 days? complete BS. I cant even get PL'd from 38 to 39 in 4 hours.
Guess they had the whole guild PLing him 24/7...But the epic really puzzles me... in 2 days? Some of the spawns for the cleric epic is on a 1 day spawn
I got laid less when i used a Pentium. I talk about my AMD and how it has 8 data channels instead of 6 and why AMD's QuantiSpeed Architecture easily out-performs Intel's Hyperthreading technology. Suffice to say that it gets the chicks all hot and flustered...
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

You just PL in the areas you want epic parts....

Lake rathe is good for 14-24 normally...but you culd probably do levels 10-20 there with PL...and ger bergugle and the elemental guy...and then in Sol A you can get the goblin easy...then you PL in skyfire for a bit to get the pearl shards in your 40-55 range or so...

When I PL'dmy brothers bard claritin back in the day...we PL'd him where Kylere needed mage epic parts and Claritin wanted nostrolo's tamborine and something else done and I wanted soemthing too I forget what...but we were doing a couple levels an hour in his 30's and getting lots of quests done at the same time.

It's all a matter of picking your camp locations to suit more then your PL needs....a lot of times that means slightly slower exp...but if it takes you an extra hour to catch up on the exp you gave up...but you finished part of a quest that usually takes 6 hours on average to camp..then you save 5 hours right?

He probably had people log in gimps at various spawns also to track them.
-retired-
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

he was pl'ed at 46+ in CoD by a necro, so theres some explantion. Also he mqed a shitload
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Not hard at all to get to 65 fast if you have the correct people to do it. Have the twink set ready when char is selected, have the chars ready to PL and have what can b MQed ready to be MQed.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Who would want to rely on that cleric in a group?

462 AC (46 defense)... good luck finding a light blue mob to rasie defense on.

2 Abjuration, 25 Atleration... that about 12-14 hours of spell macroing.

Getting to 42 is pretty easy.
After 42 you can get PL by lvl 65s.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

Nerf Necros!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

heh most of my *mage* epic was MQd (thanks to that badass motherfucker toshira) i dont think i spent more then 12ish hours on it, i bet he did most of the epic before LOY came out
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Kind of cheapens the whole EQ experience imho. Turns it into just another pinball game.
Terarle
Gets Around
Gets Around

Hmm

Post by Terarle »

is it me or is it alittle odd, how can his offense be so 177, when he has only 5 1hb.. Or any other attack skill maxed out?
Retired
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

Offense goes up when you have a damage shield...
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I'm hypnotized by Terarle's avatar :shock:
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Indeed.
Wolfina
No Stars!

Noticing

Post by Wolfina »

In one pic the time played says 2 days 1 hour, session time 19 hours, other pic with epic says time played 2 days 2 hours, session time 13 hours, how is that possible, it's a contradiction. Am i missing something?

Wolfi
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Clearly they are exproiting!
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Dregor Thule wrote:I'm hypnotized by Terarle's avatar :shock:
Did you say something? I was watching Terarle's Avatar.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

If you are logged into that account at all it counts on your session hours, so he coulda logged to the character select screen then left it on for 12 hours while sleeping or whatever and then came on for 1 hour and played the cleric and said 13 hours, or been on an alt for 12 hours then logged off and onto cleric without going to server select and did cleric for an hour.
Ninan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Ninan »

Woopy for the frog, he's a 65 cleric with an epic who can't cast a spell above level 20 w/o fizzling 20 times. So basically until he does his skill work he is pretty much a res machine only. He Mq'd a ton of the epic pieces with his guild. Fact remains grats on being a worthless level 65 cleric who couldn't find his way around any new zone as his SH was at 0 Lol. I feel sorry for any exp group he gets in doing AA's, unless of course he's multiboxed only.
Ninan Nivasse

<a target="new" href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... ">Ninan</a>
Quarkk
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Quarkk »

Skill ups are no problem with a gamepad, Ninan. If you put forth a bit of effort you can max them all within 24 hours, and if you want to be less efficient but also less attentive you can do it by ocasionally checking your computer over the course of a couple days with a dandy macro.

Of course, these third party programs are against VI's ToS, but whatever.

I personally think the people that post these sort of replies are just jealous, and are only attempting to lesson what an accomplishment this is... at least in the EQ world. 8-)
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

All his skills are over 200 now.
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Quarkk
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Quarkk »

Pwned!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I personally think the people that post these sort of replies are just jealous, and are only attempting to lesson what an accomplishment this is... at least in the EQ world.
I agree, they are just jealous that they couldnt \ didnt do it first and try to find a reason to put the person who did down.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Any person who can swing that kind of powerlevelling who cant navigate by /Loc and not care what his sense heading skill is is a pillock. Assuming of course that someone with those resources doesnt know all the zones he cares about in the first place. :P Not to mention the 325 training points he has.

Anyone who thinks that someone can swing that kind of powerlevelling and quest co-ordination, but somehow have the fact that his skills might just maybe need a few hours of practice afterwards escape him and his support crew is guilty of at least the same order of stupidity he wishes to ascribe to the powerleveller, and his motives for wishing to believe it are more than a little suspect and likely unclean.

Epic- I would think (without going back and reviewing the quest to refresh my memory) it was probably more a matter of having friends co-camp bits of it while he was being powered, and just being ported and CotH'd as needed to loot stuff when it dropped, then back to powering again. Of course I could be wrong, but thats the way I'd guess without reviewing the quest again.

Its a heckuva frog. Grats on the logistics of getting all that done, if nothing else. :)

*Hugs*
Varia
Masekle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Masekle »

Eudas missed the boat on that one =(
Masekle/Sandrana
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

I'm pretty sure he had most of the stuff in advance, and only had to do a few things with his frog to finish up the epic.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

Oh yes, I imagine he did have everything that could be multied farmed ahead of time, its just been so long since I did my epic that I dont recall how much multi-ing is actually possible in the cleric epic quest is all. I did mine back before all the changes (Thanks Kyoukan for spotting Ragefire up in SolB for me! :) ) and I did it all myself, so I wasnt paying attention to MQ possibilities at the time and dunno what the changes may have added.
*Hugs*
Varia
aaron285
No Stars!

Post by aaron285 »

wow , whatever is the case, froglok with epic within such a short time is awsome =)
Dont ever teach your father how to fuck!
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

JACKASS
:)
Sabek
Just Sabek