"Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Challenging the bullshit that you people spew is not preaching.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4859
Joined: July 19, 2002, 2:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aabidano »

Is too.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."

User avatar
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3427
Joined: July 3, 2002, 6:45 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Chidoro »

Spang wrote:Says the guy who thinks eating meat is macho.
says the guy who thinks that everyone who eats meat does so to be macho
like every other dopey vegan

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:Is too.
Is not.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 1457
Joined: November 22, 2002, 8:56 pm
Location: In The Cloud

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Winnow wrote:I had a nice prime rib dinner last weekend at a restaurant. I purposely tried to fill my head with images of a slaughterhouse while I ate it but it did no good. I kept on enjoying my meal.

I know what you mean.

My grandparents have a farm covered in cows and horses. One set of great grandparents had horses, cows, chickens, and a large vegetable / fruit garden. Another set of great grandparents had goats, chickens, a few cows, and a garden (plus some land with commercial, non-edible crops). When I was young (1-6 years old), my father had a herd of sheep. Actually, we had an uncommonly large male sheep that ended up being a pet because he was so friendly. Had no reason to ever slaughter him, since he gave us tons of wool, and helped make big babies too.

I've witnessed all of these animals being slaughtered. I've witnessed all most every step of the process. I still eat meat and don't feel bad about it. The only meat that makes me feel bad (and I'll eat it still) is veal.

Though, my great uncle had a pig farm when I was a kid, and I can't think about that when eating pork...not because I feel bad, but because of how fucking disgusting it was.
Image

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

You people lack empathy.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

What I lack in empathy I make up for in taste buds. Mmm tasty sushi.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Sushi is simply vinegared rice.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

I know what it is, thanks. Garnishments with bits of seafood are key!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3023
Joined: January 10, 2005, 10:38 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Leonaerd »

Image

User avatar
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3023
Joined: January 10, 2005, 10:38 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Leonaerd »

Reddit wrote:I am a PhD student in Biochemical Nutrition... And I hate to say it, but it is possible to get all the essential nutrients from vegan sources without resorting to supplements.

For example: Seaweed is a decent source of many polyunsaturated fatty acids (including omega 3's), Iron is found in most leafy vegetables, all protein components are present in Quinoa, B12 can be found in many bacterial byproducts like fermented coconut milk, and Olive Oil is monounsaturated.

Getting adequate amounts of all these nutrients without supplements, however, is very challenging. I don't think many people want to eat a pound of algae every day.

User avatar
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 1457
Joined: November 22, 2002, 8:56 pm
Location: In The Cloud

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Leonaerd wrote:
Reddit wrote:I am a PhD student in Biochemical Nutrition... And I hate to say it, but it is possible to get all the essential nutrients from vegan sources without resorting to supplements.

For example: Seaweed is a decent source of many polyunsaturated fatty acids (including omega 3's), Iron is found in most leafy vegetables, all protein components are present in Quinoa, B12 can be found in many bacterial byproducts like fermented coconut milk, and Olive Oil is monounsaturated.

Getting adequate amounts of all these nutrients without supplements, however, is very challenging. I don't think many people want to eat a pound of algae every day.

Well, then they could eat tons of avacado, cucumber, carrot , and pepper sushi, with quinoa added to the rice, and a olive oil\fermented coconut milk based sauce.

That actually might not be too bad to try (though, I've never had fermented coconut milk), but definitely doesn't sound like an every day thing.
Image

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Quinoa is not the only vegan source of protein. There are many.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Image
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4620
Joined: April 11, 2003, 5:53 am
Location: Canberra

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Zaelath »

Spang wrote:Quinoa is not the only vegan source of protein. There are many.
Still sounds like a lot of effort to go to to avoid facts of evolution...

Equating humans to "any other herbivore" leaves out other little things like us being almost the only mammals that can't produce vitamin C.

I'm ok w/ all efforts towards sustainable horitculture and cruelty free meat, but vegans are batshit crazy.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.

User avatar
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4859
Joined: July 19, 2002, 2:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:Quinoa
And of course the US demand for quinoa means the people in Chile (?) who've been eating it for 1000 years can no longer readily afford it.

Between their food needs and the industrialized farming to feed US mouths more animals are being killed than ever. All to make US vegans feel better about themselves - while doing jack and shit towards their stated cause.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."

User avatar
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3023
Joined: January 10, 2005, 10:38 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Leonaerd »

:badgrin:

User avatar
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3023
Joined: January 10, 2005, 10:38 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Leonaerd »

Challenge that bullshit, Spang.

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:And of course the US demand for quinoa means the people in Chile (?) who've been eating it for 1000 years can no longer readily afford it.

Between their food needs and the industrialized farming to feed US mouths more animals are being killed than ever. All to make US vegans feel better about themselves - while doing jack and shit towards their stated cause.
The majority of quinoa consumers in the United States are not vegan or vegetarian. I personally do not eat it.

Additionally, the majority of animals slaughtered in this country are slaughtered for food that you people eat.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:The majority of quinoa consumers in the United States are not vegan or vegetarian.
Just another statement with nothing to back it up. Got some actual facts on that?

I'm not saying it's only eaten by vegetarian types I'm just curious as to the actual statistics.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4859
Joined: July 19, 2002, 2:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:Additionally, the majority of animals slaughtered in this country are slaughtered for food that you people eat.
I thought they were slaughtered to make fertilizer for growing Len and Harry's extra organic dreadlock purification wax?
Spang wrote:The majority of quinoa consumers in the United States are not vegan or vegetarian.
Vegans, vegetarians and douchebag hipster foodies*.

*The same jerks turning thousands of chickens per year into animal shelters when they realize what a pain the the ass they can become and that they only lay eggs a couple years but can live 5-7**.

**and are too disneyfied to kill them (humanely) and eat them themselves.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:
Spang wrote:The majority of quinoa consumers in the United States are not vegan or vegetarian.
Just another statement with nothing to back it up. Got some actual facts on that?

I'm not saying it's only eaten by vegetarian types I'm just curious as to the actual statistics.
I'm also curious as to the actual statistics. I've had no luck finding them so far. Until I do, I'll assume I'm right.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:**and are too disneyfied to kill them (humanely) and eat them themselves.
Your theory that Disney movies are the reason that people don't eat animals is fucking stupid.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 5902
Joined: July 8, 2002, 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask
Location: Canada

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Animalor »

I'm failing to comprehend why people are trying to convince vegetarians/vegans to changes their habits simply that they are different from their own habits.

Live and let live.

Quinoa and lentils are fucking delicious btw.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Just another statement with nothing to back it up. Got some actual facts on that?

I'm not saying it's only eaten by vegetarian types I'm just curious as to the actual statistics.
I'm also curious as to the actual statistics. I've had no luck finding them so far. Until I do, I'll assume I'm right.
Of course you will.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

It's interesting that you never ask your omnivorous colleagues for statistics to backup the bullshit that they spew.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Why should I? That should be your job to question it just as I am questioning you.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:That should be your job to question it just as I am questioning you.
I do one better: I prove you people wrong.

Vegans and vegetarians are only between 5% and 13% of the population in the United States. The idea that these people eat the majority of the 300 million pounds of quinoa consumed in the U.S. each year is utter nonsense.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3023
Joined: January 10, 2005, 10:38 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Leonaerd »

Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:That should be your job to question it just as I am questioning you.
I do one better: I prove you people wrong.

Vegans and vegetarians are only between 5% and 13% of the population in the United States. The idea that these people eat the majority of the 300 million pounds of quinoa consumed in the U.S. each year is utter nonsense.
But you're helping to make Chile's problem worse, yes? And you don't care, yes? I'm doing much less harm to Chilean life by eating American cow.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:Vegans and vegetarians are only between 5% and 13% of the population in the United States. The idea that these people eat the majority of the 300 million pounds of quinoa consumed in the U.S. each year is utter nonsense.
Sorry. VV isn't an idea based economy. If it's such a nonsense idea then you should have no trouble disproving it. I await your data!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Leonaerd wrote:But you're helping to make Chile's problem worse, yes?
As I've said earlier, I don't eat quinoa. But did you know that quinoa is used in animal feed?

Check and mate.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
Leonaerd wrote:But you're helping to make Chile's problem worse, yes?
As I've said earlier, I don't eat quinoa. But did you know that quinoa is used in animal feed?

Check and mate.
I believe he means the royal "you". You seem to like speaking for all vegetarians. And you throw meat eaters into the "you people" category. So.. His statement made perfect sense to me.

Check and mate... DENIED.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4859
Joined: July 19, 2002, 2:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aabidano »

Animalor wrote:I'm failing to comprehend why people are trying to convince vegetarians/vegans to changes their habits simply that they are different from their own habits.
I'm not, the non-nonsensical "scientific" basis for his philosophical decision and his general douchebaggery on the subject since are what annoy me (not that he should care).

It's amazingly similar to the "creation scientists" trying to justify their philosophy to the rest of the world with farcical, unscientific science. I'm not sure who either group are trying to prove something to.

My sister and brother in law have been vegetarian for ~25 years, she's been vegan for 5-6. You'd never know it unless you went out to eat with them. In part because they're self confident adults with a personal identity outside of "being vegan" and part because they aren't douchebags.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:You seem to like speaking for all vegetarians.
I speak for myself only. It just so happens that I'm only the only person participating who doesn't eat animals.

Check and mate reinstated.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4859
Joined: July 19, 2002, 2:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aabidano »

Your theory that Disney movies are the reason that people don't eat animals is fucking stupid.
The arguments made by many/most US and British veg*s are very different from those of a (non-US) vegetarian of Hindu or Buddhist persuasion and show a strong need to personify animals.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."

User avatar
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3023
Joined: January 10, 2005, 10:38 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Leonaerd »

It just so happens that I'm only the only person participating who doesn't eat animals.
How would a poor family ever survive without meat?

Why do you hate most people?

:(

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:You seem to like speaking for all vegetarians.
I speak for myself only. It just so happens that I'm only the only person participating who doesn't eat animals.

Check and mate reinstated.
...

Still awaiting your data.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Leonaerd wrote:How would a poor family ever survive without meat?

Why do you hate most people?

:(
I'm not arguing with poor people, I'm arguing with you people. And as far as I can tell, I'm the most poor person here.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:
...

Still awaiting your data.
Keep waiting.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
...

Still awaiting your data.
Keep waiting.
So you pulled it out of your ass as usual. Got it!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4859
Joined: July 19, 2002, 2:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aabidano »

Slang wrote: not arguing with poor people, I'm arguing with you people. And as far as I can tell, I'm the most poor person here.
Doing it yourself removes any possible sympathy points you might get from people willing to think.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

I have no interest in your sympathy.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:I have no interest in your sympathy.
Just as we have no interest in your contempt. Other than it being amusing. For awhile at least.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:So you pulled it out of your ass as usual.
Not exactly.

Omnivores vastly outnumber vegans and vegetarians in the United States. These omnivores eat vegetables. These omnivores also eat rice, pasta... oh, and quinoa. And the animals that these omnivores eat also consume quinoa. All of these facts lead me to believe that omnivores consume the most quinoa in the U.S. Until you prove me wrong, I will assume that I am right and you are wrong.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 12193
Joined: July 3, 2002, 12:57 pm

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:. Until you prove me wrong, I will assume that I am right and you are wrong.
lol. You make the statement and I'm the one that's supposed to "prove you wrong". You're a joke no wonder nobody takes you seriously around here.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--

User avatar
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Posts: 27331
Joined: July 5, 2002, 1:56 pm
Location: A Special Place in Hell

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Winnow »

Spang is a joke.

User avatar
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 3023
Joined: January 10, 2005, 10:38 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Leonaerd »

Spang wrote:Not exactly.
Without facts, it's pretty easy to ignore the likelihood that the amount of quinoa the average vegan eats in one week vastly outweighs the amount of quinoa the average carnivore eats. After all, we can get our amino acids from many other sources, and are 88% more likely to care about Chilean well-being.

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

Leonaerd wrote:Without facts...
I've provided you people with facts, facts that suggest that omnivores, and the animals they eat, consume the majority of quinoa in the United States.

Also, why do you ignore the Bolivians and Peruvians?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

User avatar
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4859
Joined: July 19, 2002, 2:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:Also, why do you ignore the Bolivians and Peruvians?
You hate them too? Wow.

http://www.antivegan.at/misanthropy.php

Misanthropy
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."

User avatar
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
Posts: 4763
Joined: September 23, 2003, 10:34 am
Gender: Male
Location: Tennessee

Re: "Soon" vegans will have no excuse!

Post by Spang »

It is true that I do hate human beings. Not because some of them are Bolivian or Peruvian, but because human beings literally fuck up everything.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.

Post Reply