Minature Painting, Scale Modeling, & Other Nerdery

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Minature Painting, Scale Modeling, & Other Nerdery

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I looked for a general "minature and scale modeling" type of thread, but we're kind of spread out over 3-4 separate areas. I decided to go ahead and start a fresh topic.

These are the new Vampire Counts minis from Games Workshop for Warhammer. They're really impressive to say the least so I thought I would post 'em!

The same kit can be built 2 ways and there are a ton of extras. The model looks a little intimidating at first glance, but if you break it down one section at a time it looks like a lot of fun! One carries a female vampire and her sisters while the other carries a necromancer of sorts. Each model has different effects on the play field. There are more pics at GW's site, including 360 degree photos. It's worth a look if you like this type of stuff!

Last edited by Fairweather Pure on January 9, 2012, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Minature Painting, Scale Modeling, & Other Nerdery

Post by Fairweather Pure »

What the heck. I can also post pretty much my favorite miniature of all time from CMON. This thing is insane. It raises the bar for virtually every aspect of the hobby: conversion, freehand, shading, light sourcing, blending, basing...you name it!

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Minature Painting, Scale Modeling, & Other Nerdery

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Purefeather!

What are the stats on those Ghastly pieces? :D

And is that second one a random Slaanesh Daemon Prince or a new character?

EDIT. LOL, found the stats

Coven Throne

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Coven Throne - - - 5 5 5 - - -
Pallid Handmaiden - 5 3 5 - - 5 2 7
Spirit Horde 8 3 0 3 - - 1 2D6 -

Unit Size: 1
Special Rules: Always Strikes First; Large Target; Random Attacks (2D6); Spectral Steeds; Undead; Vampiric; Ward Save (4+); Battle of Wills; Scrying Pool

Mortis Engine

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Mortis Engine - - - 5 5 5 - - -
Corpsemaster - 3 0 3 - - 2 1 5
Banshee Swarm - 3 0 3 - - 3 3 -
Spirit Horde 8 3 0 3 - - 1 2D6 -

Unit Size: 1
Special Rules: Large Target; Random Attacks (2D6); Regeneration; Spectral Steeds; Terror; Undead; Banshee Swarm; The Reliquary
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--