I (don't) love LA

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I (don't) love LA

Post by Aabidano »

Was out visiting a customer in Irvine last Thurs & Fri, only took 5 minutes after leaving the airport to bring back why I was so happy to leave CA. What a freaking hopelessly congested zoo. Co-worker from Mumbai was with me, he thought it was wide-open and underpopulated :)

All the "plastic" people in the OC airport were good for a laugh too, they've really bought into the image. I will say SNA is a nice little airport though.

Get rid of 75% of the people and CA might be nice again.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
pyrella
>()))>

Re: I (don't) love LA

Post by pyrella »

Thanks for spending your per diem here.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

After being away from LA for 8 years, I can now appreciate it. You just have to get used to the crowds. Miss the sunsets, music scene and dirty whores for sure!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Slight hijack but about California (I hate LA)

I spent three days in San Diego last week.

This was view from my hotel room which was on the Navy Amphibious Base on Coronado Island.

This is view from other side of the hotel. The Navy Seals train along the beach. I was too lazy to get shots of them working out on the beach in the mornings.

One of the aircraft carriers (USS John C. Stennis) was mobilizing while we were heading out one day. So impressive to see a massive carrier on the move. Kinda have to be there to appreciate it.

View from my table at lunch on Coronado Island.

Went to Sea World (always when I get a chance. Love that place)

Walked around Balboa Park. Morning marine layer of clouds finally burned off.

Had some Margaritas at the Del Coronado hotel and then some more along with some Mexican food across the street at nice little restaurant hidden behind the main street down an alley. The Name escapes me!

I've said it before, I liked living in California in the 70's when it wasn't crowded. These days, I can only tolerate a couple days in the state and only in San Diego where the weather is so nice...even then, there's too many damn people. I wouldn't go near LA. San Francisco is worth a trip for sight seeing if you've never been.

I was stopped three times on way to California from AZ. Twice by border patrol and then the fruit inspection peeps.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

San Diego > San Francisco > Los Angeles
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

San Diego is great, I've been there a number of times. Went out on a carrier (Vinson) for some exercises once, they're so massive it's not often apparent that you're on a ship.

Lived on Alameda for 18 months; it was OK unless you needed to leave the island on a weekday (hello 880!).

My kids lost basically a year of school while attending Alameda county schools, a waste of their time. And that's coming from and going back to Pensacola FL schools.

LA has too many people for an automobile centered society. SF was a better in that regard.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I remember Travis AFB back in the 80's but I was only there for maybe a week at a time twice. I remember the hills being incredible large.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Your boyfriend takes nice pictures, Winnow!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The only thing gay in those pictures would be if you spotted a guy riding a unicycle in the background of one of them.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Burn! Double-Burn!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--