I'm fighting in an amateur MMA cage match!

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I'm fighting in an amateur MMA cage match!

Post by Xyun »

Sept. 13th, 2011. I have never been in a physical fight unless you count my brother when we were kids. I don't even watch UFC or boxing or anything like that. My opponent has had 2 amateur fights and has won both, but the guys he fought were both out of shape. He has some training in jiu jitsu and muay thai. I have obtained a muay thai trainer and a wrestling coach. I am in pretty good shape. I quit smoking cigarettes long ago, and I'm clean of weed and all other drugs for over a month now. I have been exercising regularly for the last few years but have really stepped up the training for this fight. This fight is the focal point of my life for now and the next few months. I'm not really trying to pursue a career or anything, but didn't want to back down from a challenge. My opponent and I are friends. Wish me luck!
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: I'm fighting in an amateur MMA cage match!

Post by Winnow »

Dude, you do some crazy shit.

Good luck and I hope it's taped so we can see!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Violence isn't the answer!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Whats the name of the Event?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Sweep the leg!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Go vegan and get super powers.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lynks wrote:Go vegan and get super powers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck Xyun!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Just watch out for the Vegan Police if you try to cheat.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

no i don't want to be weak and frail and stupid.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Hmmm. That's pretty daring of you! You should learn the windmill technique!
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Is it an open event? I wanna watch!
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xyun wrote:
no i don't want to be weak and frail and stupid.
Yeah, but going pure vegan will probably make you smell bad so when you start grappling, you'll have the upper hand as your opponent starts to pass out from the BO.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Aabidano wrote:Is it an open event? I wanna watch!
Sure its at a place called World Class MMA on waters ave in Tampa, on sept. 13th at 7 pm. the time is tentative it may start a little earlier or later, but in the evening for sure. there will be video and I will post the video, win or lose for the rest of yous.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Remember to keep your head low and your jaw clenched. Only time I ever got knocked out (as opposed to choked out, which happened a few times), I was jawing with one of the guys who wasn't sparring and my opponent caught me under the chin. I'm honestly lucky to have my entire tongue.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Don't be a typical liberal and be a cower in the face of adversity when you get punched! Win one for Veeshan sir!

Oh shit in Tampa? I'll come down and watch.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Sept is a long way out but I'm planning to.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

What is the format? Can you use elbows and knees?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xyun wrote:
Aabidano wrote:Is it an open event? I wanna watch!
Sure its at a place called World Class MMA on waters ave in Tampa, on sept. 13th at 7 pm. the time is tentative it may start a little earlier or later, but in the evening for sure. there will be video and I will post the video, win or lose for the rest of yous.
I can't say I won't like the opportunity to see you get knocked around a bit 8)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I can't honestly say whether I would rather see you kick someone's ass or get your face beaten. It would be much easier to know who to root for if you were fighting someone from on here.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

As long as there is a winner and it doesn't just turn into a hug-fest like most fights, I'll be ok!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I can't honestly say whether I would rather see you kick someone's ass or get your face beaten. It would be much easier to know who to root for if you were fighting someone from on here.
If he wins I'll cheer for him, if he gets an ass whipping I'll assume it's his well deserved punishment for taking me into Molten Core.
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

ice comet that fucker, Xy!
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I can't honestly say whether I would rather see you kick someone's ass or get your face beaten. It would be much easier to know who to root for if you were fighting someone from on here.
I would beat the living shit out of anyone from this board!!!11!!1

:vv_boxing:

training video coming soon!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xyun wrote:I would beat the living shit out of anyone from this board!!!11!!1

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Learn the Krav Maga variation on the round kick. Super-easy and quite damaging to opponent's thigh! :D Kicking to the head is best done when you have already disabled them.

Then again, KM is not exactly made for sport fighting. ;)
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I would probably have my money on Kwon or Rich if I was forced to take a bet about board people in a fight.

<--- This guy doesn't swing fists, but I would highly recommend not giving it a go.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I would probably have my money on Kwon or Rich if I was forced to take a bet about board people in a fight.

<--- This guy doesn't swing fists, but I would highly recommend not giving it a go.

I may not be able to predict the VV ultimate champion, but I'd bet the farm that Winnow would be the first to drop, haha!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Man, I have been lazy since I bought my house (workout lazy). I can still hit hard though, hah! ;) This reminds me I need to get my heavy bag back set up and transfer to the east side KM studio.

Thanks for the VV vote of confidence though! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Want to feel how hard I can punch?

I don't think Winnow would go down all that fast....he looks like he is big enough to take a few down. Xyun looks wiry and wiley enough to be dangerous but I don't think he is mean enough to destroy someone's knee or something on purpose. Fairweather looks like a teddy bear type and non-threatening enough that he could probably sucker punch someone because they would look at someone else first (and we know he has a history of sticking it in the ass). Kwon would be my odds on favorite in a battle royal, but that would just make him a target.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

How many here have actually been punched in the face? I don't mean with boxing gloves, but honest knuckle to face action?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I would probably have my money on Kwon or Rich if I was forced to take a bet about board people in a fight.

I have avatars displayed on the right side.. So you need a ---> at the end!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

masteen wrote:How many here have actually been punched in the face? I don't mean with boxing gloves, but honest knuckle to face action?

I am not sure I know anyone that has never been punched in the face growing up. How sheltered would you have to be?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This talk of face punching made me think of this quote from the book, "Unbroken" about an American World War II officer in a Japanese prison. "The Bird" is the name of the crazy Japanese guard:
[Show]
The Bird called for the work party to line up before him and ordered the thieves to stand before the group. He then walked down the line, pulling out Wade, Tinker, Louie, and two other officers and making them stand with the thieves. He announced that these officers were responsible for the behavior of the thieves. His punishment: Each enlisted man would punch each officer and thief in the face, as hard as possible.

The chosen men looked at the line of enlisted men in terror: there were some one hundred of them. Any man who refused to carry out the order, the Bird said, would meet the same fate as the officers and thieves. He told the guards to club any men who didn’t strike the chosen men with maximum force.

The enlisted men had no choice. At first, they tried to hit softly, but the Bird studied each blow. When a man didn’t punch hard enough, the Bird would begin shrieking and clubbing him, joined by the guards. Then the errant man would be forced to hit the victim repeatedly until the Bird was satisfied. Louie began whispering to each man to get it over with, and hit hard. Some of the British men whispered, “Sorry, sir,” before punching Wade.

For the first few punches, Louie stayed on his feet. But his legs soon began to waver, and he collapsed. He pulled himself upright, but fell again with the next punch, and then the next. Eventually, he blacked out. When he came to, the Bird forced the men to resume punching him, screaming, “Next! Next! Next!” In Louie’s whirling mind, the voice began to sound like the tramping of feet.

The sun sank. The beating went on for some two hours, the Bird watching with fierce and erotic pleasure. When every enlisted man had done his punching, the Bird ordered the guards to club each one twice in the head with a kendo stick.

The victims had to be carried to the barracks. Louie’s face was so swollen that for several days he could barely open his mouth. By Wade’s estimate, each man had been punched in the face some 220 times.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Xyun VS Kyoukan? :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:
masteen wrote:How many here have actually been punched in the face? I don't mean with boxing gloves, but honest knuckle to face action?

I am not sure I know anyone that has never been punched in the face growing up. How sheltered would you have to be?
Yeah... Many times. Pretty much thought that was a common thing too.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

More often trying to break up fights! Not the most comfortable feeling in the world.

Happens a bit while training too. Luckily, I have never had my nose broken. I was never prone to getting in fights, but hey, it happens.

Now punching someone in the face--there is a good bit of fun--unless you do not know how to hit.
en kærlighed småkager
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Today was a discouraging day. I hurt my right wrist somehow while I was training, and I got my ass kicked sparring with a girl. She hit me in the face more times than I can count, and I only got her in the face a couple of times. 4 rounds of getting punched in the face, even when she was pulling her punches sucked donkey balls. I was on the defensive and I wasn't being quick enough. I came home with a bruised wrist and a bruised ego. Nonetheless I still went to my gym for a 2nd session and practiced with the jump rope and breathing technique while hitting the bag. Luckily I have a 24 hr. gym and I'm the only one in there late at night so I can go crazy if I want. Still I have a long long way to go to have a chance against this guy. The good part is that my body conditioning is superb. I can tell that since my workouts have changed so dramatically, my muscles are being shocked and the muscle memory is being reset.

I have been keeping track of my blood pressure, heart rate, weight, bmi, and body fat percentage once a month for the last 4 months. My last check was June 7th and I was at 100/65, 93, 170, 25, and 13.1% respectively. I gained 5 pounds in April but lost it again in May when I changed my diet. Other than that I haven't fluctuated too much. My main concentration is body fat, which I'm trying to get down to 10% by the time of the fight. I'll keep you posted. :)

Also someone was asking about the fight rules. No elbows or knees or front kicks. Otherwise basic MMA rules, and we will have helmets and gloves.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Most important thing: you need confidence. Being afraid is good. Use it. However, there is a difference between this and being stupid and brawling. Brawling will get you injured and certainly knocked out against someone who has more experience than you.

This upcoming fight will be a test, a big test for you. Embrace it and don't let your natural instincts take control. Learn what you are being taught! Be smart and bury any emotions once you set foot in the ring. You are a smart dude. Don't think that this short training reg is good enough--KNOW that it is. Know that you are ready. Will yourself into winning. Quite frankly, I am impressed with what you are doing. Just don't be an idiot.

Oh, and work on your footwork. That is actually like 90% of fighting. Balls of feet. You get flat-footed, you lose your power, balance and defensive capability. Hips and feet. Feet and hips. Shoulders getting tired? You done gone and fucked up.

Relax hands, good snap and followthrough.
en kærlighed småkager
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

yea shoulders have been sore, but my waist and ankles have been sore as well. I'm getting better with my footwork but this is only week 3 of training. I'm learning to punch and kick through my opponent rather than at my opponent. Hitting an actual body for the first time today felt weird and different, especially a girl. Still, I feel confident and I can sense a little fear from my opponent. He was nagging me to move the fight closer if I'm not training. I didn't want him to know how much I'm training so I let on that I hadn't found a trainer yet. Lol. But I'm training a lot, everyday and twice a day on my 3 days off. It's on like donkey kong, as it were.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

You should hit him with a banjo. (obscure "that 70's show reference)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boxing is exhausting as I'm sure you've figured out.

I've never boxed a girl before. Kinda funny that she beat you up!

BTW, I'd get my ass handed to me as well if I went up against a very fit female in her 20's considering my age and current fitness if she could keep the fight at a distance. I'd quickly run out of steam without some endurance training. I'd have to either go Mike Tyson on her and end it quickly if possible (massive power attack) or have to use my strength advantage and try to take the fight to the mat to end it quickly with a nipple tweak.

If you're not doing well boxing, you better start considering the grappling angle. The crowd will boo but you'll last longer.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:If you're not doing well boxing, you better start considering the grappling angle. The crowd will boo but you'll last longer.
God you're stupid....
Grappling requires far more endurance than boxing.
It's much easier to train cardio endurance than it is to train muscle endurance.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:Boxing is exhausting as I'm sure you've figured out.

I've never boxed a girl before. Kinda funny that she beat you up!

BTW, I'd get my ass handed to me as well if I went up against a very fit female in her 20's considering my age and current fitness if she could keep the fight at a distance. I'd quickly run out of steam without some endurance training. I'd have to either go Mike Tyson on her and end it quickly if possible (massive power attack) or have to use my strength advantage and try to take the fight to the mat to end it quickly with a nipple tweak.

If you're not doing well boxing, you better start considering the grappling angle. The crowd will boo but you'll last longer.
Don't encourage grappling, it's fucking boring and weak. I've seen far too many fights go from awesome to what looks like a couple of drunk guys hugging way too fast.

When I go to see a ultimate fight (I know a guy that manages a bunch of amateurs so I see them semi-regularly), I consider the fight a failure if someone doesn't walk away with a fucked up face or a broken bone, or at least a concussion.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:
Winnow wrote:If you're not doing well boxing, you better start considering the grappling angle. The crowd will boo but you'll last longer.
God you're stupid....
It's much easier to train cardio endurance than it is to train muscle endurance.
Hey smartypants, I said if you're having trouble boxing. I said nothing about endurance in that quote. God you're stupid...

He may be a better wrestler than boxer. It's entirely possible you idiot.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:
God you're stupid....
Who said anything about endurance?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:
If you're getting your ass kicked boxing, try grappling.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

You also missed how winnow said the 360 controller is better for fighting games than the ps3 pos
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You guys suck.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boxing is exhausting. Grappling is even more exhausting. What the fuck does that have to do with me suggesting grappling if he sucks at boxing? Really. Are you people that stupid? Xyun mentioned he was getting punched repeatedly in the face by a girl. He said he wasn't quick enough, not that he was too tired.